NATIONAL CENTRE FOR BIOLOGICAL SCIENCESExams Date »
National Centre For Biological Sciences 2019
National Centre for Biological Sciences invites admission application for the PG and PhD programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
National Centre for Biological Sciences Course Specializations 2019
- PhD ( NCBS, DBS and TIFR – H )
- Integrated PhD ( NCBS, DBS and TIFR – H )
- M.Sc. by Research ( only at DBS )
- M.Sc in Wildlife Biology and Conservation ( only at NCBS )
National Centre for Biological Sciences Eligibility 2019
PhD programme : Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include M.Sc. ( Ag ), B.Tech, B.E., B.V.Sc. B. Pharma ( 4 yrs course ), MBBS., BDS. M. Pharma. Students with training in Physics or Chemistry are encouraged to apply to the programmes.
Integrated Ph.D / M.Sc. by Research Programme : Bachelors in any Basic Science.
M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation : Indian nationals who have a Bachelors degree in any discipline ( with a minimum of 60% in core subjects ), and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation. Graduate nationals of Central, South and South east Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply.
National Centre for Biological Sciences Application Form 2019
- National Centre for Biological Sciences application form is available in the official website www.ncbs.res.in.
- Students can apply online for hall tickets to participate in the tests. Candidates are requested to follow the appropriate link on this website for completing the application form. Candidates are requested to read the instructions carefully before the start filling up the online application form.
- Students from remote areas who do not have access to internet may apply manually. They may send a request for an application form ( without DD ) along with a self – addressed stamped ( [rupee] 10/- ) envelope ( size 25cm x 17 cm ) superscribed “GS-20…..” to the following address :
National Centre for Biological Sciences,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research GKVK,
Bangalore 560 065
- The completed application form should be sent along with DD and two passport size photographs ( one pasted on the application and one stapled to it ).
- Students may appear for the written test in multiple subjects if timings do not clash. Candidates are requested to send a separate application ( including Demand Draft ) for each subject. In case of online applicants, students will have to re – register with a different email id.
- Students who wish to apply online and make payment by Demand Draft may send the Demand Draft with their name, reference code and telephone number written behind it. Alternately, students can make online payment by Debit / Credit Card.
National Centre for Biological Sciences Selection Procedure 2019
- All applicants are required to appear for the written test conducted at different centers nationally. The test will cover basic topics in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology. There is a separate written test for the MSc Wildlife Biology and Conservation covering topics on general knowledge, analytical and quantitative skills, wildlife biology and an essay on a conservation issue.
- Those who qualify on this test will be sent forms for the next phase of the selection procedure. Performance in the written test, together with the information requested in the additional application material will be used to short list candidates for interviews.
- The NCBS and DBS admission process for PhD / Int.PhD programmes are common up to the Entrance Test. Separate interviews will be held at Bangalore and Mumbai.
- The DBS conducts a single interview in Mumbai in February / March 2019 NCBS interviews are in two stages held over a three day period. These are typically scheduled in May / June 2019.
- Details about the interview procedure would be provided to candidates who are shortlised from the entrance exam.
- The TIFR Nationwide Entrance Examination ( GS-2019 ) for Biology is also called the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences ( JGEEBILS ). Results of the TIFR Entrance Test for Biology ( JGEEBILS ) will be shared by the following participating institutions.
National Centre for Biological Sciences Exam Centres 2019
There will be examination centres in the following cities but the exact location / venue of the examination will be available on the downloaded hall ticket :
National Centre for Biological Sciences Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for application||15th November, 2018|
|2||Last date for Online payment link will be active||16th November, 2018|
|3||Last Date for DDs sent by post / courier will be accepted||16th November, 2018|
|4||Hall Ticket download link will be active from||22nd November, 2018|
|5||Nationwide Entrance Examination||9th December, 2018|
|6||GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science ( including Communications and Applied Probability )|
|Opens||5th February, 2019|
|Closes||Two weeks after GATE 2019 results declared|
|7||Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination ( shortlist for interviews )||10th January, 2019|
National Centre for Biological Sciences,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Telephone No. : 91 80 23666001 / 02 / 18 / 19,
Fax : 91 80 23636662,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.ncbs.res.in.