National Talent Search ExaminationExams Date »
National Talent Search Examination 2019
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for National Talent Search Examination for the year 2019
National Talent Search Examination Eligiblity 2019
- The candidates must be clear that the eligibility criteria for both stage 1 and stage 2 are different.
Eligibility Criteria Stage 1
- The NTSE exam requires candidates to be registered with the State / UT exam conducting body. Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- The candidates who are in class X can also apply for the test.
- The candidates who wish to give NTSE exam in class X must have cleared class IX examination from a recognized board. The candidate must have completed the class IX examination with a minimum of 60% marks.
- The candidates must have obtained degree recognized by the board.
- The students who have completed / appearing for class 10th examination and are registered under Open Distance Learning ( ODL ) can appear for the NTSE exam. The candidate must be below 18 years of age and must not be employed
Eligibility Criteria Stage 2
- Students who have secured 80% marks in state board
- Every year around 4000 candidates appears for the stage 2 of the NTSE exam. The candidates who clear the NTSE stage 2 with the minimum marks defined are eligible for scholarships.
National Talent Search Examination Exam Pattern 2019
Exam Pattern For stage 1
- Stage-I is conducted at State / UT level by the concerned State / UT authorities. Candidates have to select 1 language from English or Hindi to solve the paper.
- Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark and there is no negative marking at this stage.
- The paper is divided into two parts:Mental Ability test ( MAT ), Scholastic Aptitude Test ( SAT )
Exam Pattern For Stage 2
- Stage-II is conducted at National Level, where shortlisted students from Stage-I ( State-level ) exam appear to compete for the scholarship.
- The paper is divided into two parts – MAT and SAT, like that in Stage-I.
- There will be 100 questions in both MAT and SAT ( Science-40, Maths-20, Social science-40 ).
- The duration of both the exams is 2 hours or 120 minutes. In NTSE Stage 2 exam, there is no negative marking. Only candidates qualifying in both the papers separately will be considered for merit. Selection of the awardee will be made on the basis of total marks scored in MAT and SAT based on merit.
|TEST||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time alloted ( In Minutes )
|SAT - Language Test||50||50||45
National Talent Search Examination Application Form 2019
- Candidates can fill the application form offline after downloading it from the official website: www.ncert.nic.in
- They can also access their application form from the office of Liaison Officer.
- Separate application form for stage 1 and 2 need to be filled.
- Application fee may apply for Stage I as per state policies. It must be confirmed while collecting the form.
- There is no application fee for Stage II.
- The fee has to be paid in the offline mode only, the details of which have been further mentioned he article along with other important details related to registration.
- Upon successful registration, candidates will be able to avail their admit card. Candidates must submit their NTSE Application Form after filling all the details and get it signed by the Principal.
- They can post the application form to the Liaison officer. Minimum eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by candidates applying for NTSE.
- Applicants must not be more than 18 years as on 1st July, 2019
- Documents to be attached with application form are following
- Colored photograph not older than 6 months from the date of form filling.
- Dark background.
- No goggles only simple spectacles.
- No makeup in the photograph clicked for the form.
- Hair must be properly tied.
- Photograph must be clicked in school uniform.
- Indian nationals do not have to produce any document with the application form.
- Students of Indian origin who are doing class 10 from abroad, have to prove their Indian citizenship, so they have to attach a copy of class 11 marks
National Talent Search Examination Admit Card 2019
- NTSE Admit Cards will be issued by the respective state’s Department of Education and will be made available through the website of the respective state
- Information regarding NTSE Admit Card will be available with Liaison officer of the State / Chief Superintendent of the state
- In case of any discrepancy noted in NTSE hall tickets, it should be brought to the notice of State Liaison / Chief Superintendent of state at the earliest.
National Talent Search Examination Exam Center 2019
- Generally the candidate belonging to a particular state shall be allotted the centre in the same state. Normally there is only one centre in each state for the National Level Examination. The conduct of examination at the centers shall be done under the supervision of the Centre Superintendent appointed by the NCERT. An independent observer for each centre is also appointed by the NCERT, Exam center for the following
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Andaman and Nicobar
- West Bengal
- NCT of Delhi
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Daman & Diu
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Madhya Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
National Talent Search Examination Syllabus 2019
- NTSE Syllabus enables candidates to carefully plan and prepare for the exam. NTSE syllabus 2019 would be based on the syllabus of class X prescribed by NCERT. Candidates should focus on all the units while preparing for NTS Examination.
- The subject-wise syllabus as prescribed by National Council of Educational Research and Training ( NCERT ) are
- Social Science
- General Knowledge
- Mental Ability
National Talent Search Examination Result 2019
- NTSE Result 2019 for Stage-1 will be declared state-wise in the month of January, 2019 while that for stage-2 will be declared in June, 2019.
- All states and Union Territories will be declaring their individual results on their official websites.
- Incase aspirants find a discrepancy in their result; they may contact the governing body. They can register their complaints through mail at email@example.com within a stipulated period of time
National Talent Search Examination Important Dates 2019
|1||NTSE 2019 Application Forms for Stage 1||Second week of September, 2018|
|2||NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Admit Card||October, 2018|
|3||NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Exam Dates For Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Andaman and Nicobar Island||3rd November, 2018 ( Saturday )|
|4||NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Exam Dates For all other States and Union Territories except West Bengal||4th November, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|5||NYSE 2019 Exam date in West Bengal||18th November, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|6||NTSE 2019 Stage 2 Exam Date||12th May, 2019 ( Sunday )|
National Council of Educational Research and Training
Sri Aurbindo Marg,