National Institute of Immunology Admission 2007
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi – 110067
Ph. D Programme
National Institute of Immunology (NII) invites applications for its Ph. D programme. Cutting-edge research at the Institute encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas:-
1) Chemical Biology
2) Genetics & Cell Signaling
3) Immunity & Infection
4) Molecular & Cellular Biology
5) Reproduction & Development
6) Structural & Computational Biology.
A. M. Sc in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) or M. Tech, or M.B.B.S or M.V.Sc or M.Pharm, or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, is required.
B. First Division, or equivalent grade, or at least 60% of aggregate scores in all major examinations from Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards is required.
C. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally
D. Reservations are as per statutory norms.
A. Candidates fulfilling minimum requirements will be invited for a written qualifying test at their own expenses on February 10, 2007 at either of the following four centres – Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Pune. The Institute shall try to accommodate the choice of centres indicated by the candidate, the candidate shall be required to appear for the written qualifying test at the centre allotted by the Institute.
B. The written test is aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason. Therefore, the examination is General/Aptitude Test & no separate syllabus is prescribed.
C. The results of the written test along with the details of the interviews shall be available on the website of the Institute as well as on the Notice Board of the Institute on February 16, 2007.
D. Interviews will be held at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from June 1-4-2007. The interviews will be held in two stages. The candidates will be short listed for the final interview based on their performance in the first interview. Final interview will be held in the last two days.
E. All candidates invited for interviews would be paid a return second class train fare on providing the proof of journey.
F. Candidates selected after the interviews will be enrolled for the Ph. D programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
Ph. D. Programme:
A. The programme will start on 2nd July, 2007.
B. The Institute will provide a Fellowship stipend of Rs.8000/- Rs.9500 per month depending on the degree qualifications.
C. Shared hostel accommodation will be available on request. Application procedure:
A. Applications should be Typed/hand written in capital letters on A4-size plain paper in the format given below.
B. Items 3 and 6 in the format should be typed as shown in the Senior Secondary School Certificate or equivalent.
C. Each page of the typed application form should be signed by the candidate.
D. Completed applications must be accompanied with the crossed Demand Draft for Rs.100/- of six months validity in favor of ‘Director, National Institute of Immunology’, payable at New Delhi. A Demand Draft for Rs.50/- is acceptable from SC/ST candidates, provided relevant documentary proof is enclosed. The drafts are not refundable.
E. Applications should be accompanied by attested copies of certificates and mark sheets mentioning the division obtained.
F. Two recent passport size photographs should be enclosed. One of these should be signed by the candidate and pasted on the application form.
G. Two self-addressed stamped (Rs.5/-) envelopes of 10 cm × 22 cm. Should also be enclosed.
H. Applications and Demand Drafts should be sent to ‘Manager (A&E), National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi – 110067’ so as to reach on or before January 2, 2007, ‘Application for Ph.D. Admission – 2007’ should be mentioned on the envelop.
1.Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected & no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained on any ground including postal delays. The decision of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Essential Information to be given in the application in the following order
1. Two photographs (one signed and pasted on application form, other enclosed)
2. Details of Demand Draft: (i) Number (ii) Date of issue (iii) Value in Rupees (iv) Bank Drawn on (any of the nationalized banks).
3. Name of the Applicant 4. Name of Father or Mother 5. Whether belonging to SC/ST. 6. Date of Birth 7. Nationality 8. Permanent Address 9. Address for Correspondence. 10. Contact Telephone Number, if any 11. Contact Telefax Number, if any 12. Contact E-mail Address, if any. 13. Academic Record for each of the following examinations. (i) Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent, (ii) Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and (iii) Master’s Degree or equivalent. Please give the following information a) Name of the Examination b) Subjects c) University or Board d) Year e) Division or Class obtained & (f) Aggregate percentage obtained. 14. Thesis Title and/or Research Publications, if any 15. Result of CSIR-UGC NET examination, if appeared. 16. National Science Talent Scholarship, if awarded. 17. Examination Centres: Two preferred examination centres should be indicated in the order of priority “1” & “2” in the relevant boxes – Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Pune 18. Declaration: 1 declare that the information furnished above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and that no related information is concealed. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, NII will be free to cancel my selection/candidature. 19. Signature of candidate 20. Date 21. Place.