National Institute of Science Education & Research Entrance Examination 2019
National Institute of Science Education & Research invites admission application for National Entrance Screening Test ( NEST ) leading to admission in 5 years of integrated M.Sc programme for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
NISER Entrance Examination Courses Offered 2019
MSc – Master of Science
- Basic Sciences,
- Mathematics and
NISER Entrance Examination Eligibility 2019
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below to be eligible to sit in the NEST 2019 entrance exam.
- Qualifying Exam : Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized Board in India in the years 2017 or 2018 or be appearing for the same in 2019.
- Subjects : Candidate should be from regular science stream with only combination of at least three subjects among Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics in classes XI and XII.
- Minimum Marks : Candidates must obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate in class 12th examination. For candidates belonging to SC / ST / PwD categories, the minimum requirement of marks is relaxed to 55% in aggregate.
- Age Limit : General and OBC category candidates should born on or after 1st August, 1999. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC / ST / PwD candidates.
NISER Entrance Examination Exam Pattern 2019
Here, candidates can check the exam pattern of NEST 2019 exam.
- Mode : The exam will be conducted through online ( CBT ) mode.
- Duration : The exam will be of about 3 hours.
- Type of Questions : Objective ( MCQ ) type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Total Marks : The question paper will be of 230 marks.
- Language : The language of question paper will be English only.
- Sections : The question paper will consist of 5 ( five ) sections, each of the section will be 50 marks but general section will carry 30 marks.
- Negative Marking : No negative marking in section 1. There is a negative marking for answering wrong in other sections.
NISER Entrance Examination Application Form 2019
National Institute of Science Education & Research Entrance Examination application form is available in the official website www.niser.ac.in.
It is advised to the applying candidates that first read the complete information brochure and then fill the application form.
- Candidates have to register online on the official website to fill further online application form.
- The registration will be started from the first week of January, 2019.
- The NEST application form can be filled till the first week of March, 2019.
- After click on ‘Registration’ and ‘Login’ candidates have to fill the academic and personal details.
- Candidates have to fill the exam city preference while filing application form.
- Also upload the digital copy of passport size photograph and scanned image of signature in .jpeg or .jpg format ( size limit : 100 kb ).
- Take the printout after the submission of application fee.
Application Fee :
- The application fee for General and OBC male will be 1000/- and for Female, SC / ST and PwD category candidates 500/-.
- Application fee can be paid through SBI payment gateway. It can also be paid using debit cards / credit cards issued by all major banks or through net banking facility.
NISER Entrance Examination Syllabus 2019
- The exam conducting authority will published the syllabus for the exam on their website. The NEST syllabus will follows the NCERT / CBSE science syllabus of class 11th & 12th.
- However, there is no specific syllabus for the general section. It is only to test the candidate’s aptitude for a career in science.
- Some questions will be asked to test the candidate’s general ability to comprehend qualitative and quantitative aspects of a given scientific passage.
- For subject sections, the questions will be asked from the respective subject.
NISER Entrance Examination Important Dates 2019
|S.No||Events||Dates ( Tentative )|
|1||Notification related application form||4th week of December, 2018|
|2||Opening of online application form||1st week of January, 2019|
|3||Closing of application form||1st week of March, 2019|
|4||Availability of admit card||4th week of April, 2019|
|5||Date of examination||1st week of June, 2019|
|6||Declaration of result||3rd week of June, 2019|
National Institute of Science Education & Research,
Khurda 752050, Odisha, India,
Phone No. : +91-674-2494002,
Fax : +91 (674) 2494004,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.niser.ac.in.