Punjab Technical University Common Entrance Test (PTUCET) 2019Exams Date »
PTU Admission 2019
Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar invites application for admission to the following UG & PG courses for the academic year 2019.
PTU Admission Courses 2019
PTU Admission Eligibility 2019
- All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by central / state government through legislation with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology
- If the seats of B.Tech. ( Bio-Technology ) remains vacant after the central counselling the seats may be filled with the candidates having following qualification also:-
- 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Bio-Technology, Computer Science, Biology ( or )
- Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal ( SUET ), or any such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education. ( or )
- The candidates who have passed two years certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal ( SUET ) shall be eligible.
- The candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination shall also be eligible to appear for counselling based on JEE ( Main ) The admission of such candidates shall be purely provisional and shall stand cancelled, if they fail to produce their eligibility at the time of admission and such candidates shall have no claim, whatsoever, for admission to these courses through Counselling.
BTech Lateral Entry
- All those candidates who have passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution and have obtained at least 45% marks ( 40% in case of Candidates belonging to reserved category ) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology shall be eligible to
- All those candidates who have passed Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks ( 40% in case of Candidates belonging to reserved category ) and passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject shall be eligible to apply.
- Students, who have passed Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, shall clear the subject of Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year engineering program along with second year subjects.
- Students belonging to Sc. Stream may further note that they shall be consider only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
- All those candidates who have passed B.E. I Tech. with atleast 50% ( 45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category ) marks in aggregate and with valid GATE Score shall be eligible to apply for Post graduate level M.Tech. course.
- Admission for 85% Seats for resident of Punjab and 15% seats for outsiders shall be made strictly on the basis of valid GATE score and in case seats haven’t been filled under respective categories, admission shall be considered on the basis of inter se merit in qualifying.
- No candidate with less than 50% marks in aggregate, shall be admitted to the Architecture course unless he / she has passed an examination at the end of the new 10+2 scheme of Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject of examination at the 10+2 ( or )
- Candidates who have passed 10th+ 3 year Diploma with subject of Mathematics duly recognized by Central/State Government as equivalent to 10+2 level with minimum 50% aggregate marks are also eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course. ( or )
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
- All admissions to Architecture degree courses shall be subject to passing of National Aptitude Test in Architecture ( NATA ) conducted by the council of Architecture and marks secured in the qualifying examination in the ratio of 50:50.
- Vacant seats ( if any ) can be filled on the basis of Paper-2 ( JEE-Main ) conducted by CBSE or on the basis of an aptitude test in Architecture to be conducted by K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
- AII those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by Central / State Government through legislation with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subject along with one of the Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology shall eligible to apply. Further as per AIGTE Guidelines the candidate should have obtained at least 45% marks ( 40% in case of candidate belonging to reserve category ) in the above subjects taken together. ( or )
- All those candidates who have passed Diploma Pharmacy from an institute affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education &
- Industrial Training / Punjabi University, Patiala or any other University or any State Board of Technical Education provided that the diploma or the institute duly approved by the PCI / AICTE.
- Candidates shall be admitted to 4 year B.Pharmacy course on the basis of inter-se-merit in the qualifying examination mentioned above.
B.Pharmacy Lateral Entry
- All those candidates who have passed the diploma in Pharmacy from an Institution affiliated to the Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training / Punjabi University, Patiala or any other University or any State Board of Technical Education shall be eligible to Further, the Diploma in Pharmacy and the Institute where the candidate has studied must be duly approved by the Pharmacy Council of India / AICTE. Also the candidate should have obtained atleast 45% marks ( 40% in case of candidate belonging to SC / ST category ) in the above mentioned qualifying examination.
- Students directly admitted to the Pharmacy 2nd year have to pass those subjects of Pharmacy 1st year which have not been covered under D. Pharmacy.
- All those candidates who have passed Pharma with atleast 55% ( 50% in case of candidate belonging to SC / ST category ) marks in aggregate and with valid GPAT- 2019 score shall be eligible to apply for Master’s Programme in Pharmacy ( M.Pharma ) course.
- Admission to M. Pharma course both for 85% seats for resident of Punjab and 15% seats for outsiders shall be made strictly on the basis of GPAT-2019 and in case seats not are being filled under respective categories, admission shall be considered on the basis of inter se merit in qualifying examination.
- All those candidates who have passed Bachelors Degree of minimum three year duration in any discipline from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission ( UGC ) and with valid rank in CMAT shall be eligible to apply for MBA.
- Candidates shall be admitted to 3year MCA course on the basis of inter-se-merit inthe qualifying exam.
- All those candidates who have passed any recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 or at graduation
- Obtained at least 50% marks ( 45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category ) at the qualifying Examination.
MCA Lateral Entry
- Candidates shall be admitted to MCA 2nd Year ( Lateral Entry ) course on the basis of inter-se-merit in the qualifying exam.
- All those candidates who have passed Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. ( IT / Computer Science ) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level and also have obtained at least 50% ( 45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category ) at the qualifying examination.
PTU Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- The first 3 session will consist of the main subjects.
- The question pattern will include Descriptive types that have short answers and some numerical as well.
- The 4th session will be conducted to check the skill of the candidates in their local language Punjabi.
- The 5th Session will be held only for the architectural students. The exam will be conducted in English Language.
PTU Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Candidates can download information brochure, counselling procedure and schedule from the website www.ptu.ac.in.
- The university will release the application form or admission counselling form in the last week of May, 2019.
- The last date to fill the application form will be the last week of June, 2019.
- For direct admission, candidates have to get the admission form after payment of counselling fee. After that, they can fill the other details along with stream / course details.
- After submitting the form, candidates will receive the confirmation message of payment on their registered mobile number.
- There is no need to send the application form. However, candidates can keep a hard copy of it for admission procedure.
- The fee for entrance exam will be ₹500/- ( ₹250/- for SC / ST candidates ).
- For online counselling, candidates have to submit the ₹2000/- as a counselling fee for one course.
- The fee can be submitted through debit card / credit card / net banking
PTU Admission Admit Card 2019
- The admit card for Exam 2019 will be available on the official website: www.ptu.ac.in.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of admit card for future reference. Entry in examination hall will be allowed only with the admit card.
PTU Admission Exam Centers 2019
PTU Admission Syllabus 2019
- The candidate should prepare for this entrance test according to the class 12th syllabus.
- The subject includes Physics, chemistry and mathematics.
PTU Admission Results 2019
- The result for entrance exam will be released in the third week of June, 2019. Candidates can view their result by entering the user name and password. The university will publish the PTU entrance exam 2019 result through online mode only.
- After the successful completion of counselling procedure, the PTU will announce the result of counselling for admission. It will be declared in the third week of June 2019. Candidates will be informed through SMS about seat allotment. Candidates have to login to their account & get complete details of allotment of seats.
PTU Admission Counselling 2019
- First of all, candidates have to pay the counselling fee to participate in the counselling. The fee can be paid through online mode only
- After payment of the counselling fee, candidates have to register themselves for the counselling procedure. On payment, candidates will get the confirmation for filling further details.
- Candidates will be allowed to fill the choices of stream / course as per the convenience. With the selection of stream, candidates also have to select the institution in which they are seeking admission.
- The candidates those have successfully filled their choices before the last date will be only considered for seat allocation. The University will allot the seats on the basis of ranks and the choices filled by them. Candidates will be intimated regarding seat allocation to their registered email and mobile number. Candidates can check their result by entering their user Id and password
- The last step of counselling procedure is the reporting to the allotted college. Candidates have to carry their original documents for verification and get final admission.
- The admission procedure will be started after the declaration of seat allocation result. The candidates those will be allotted the seats, can report to the allotted college for admission.
- The admission into B.Tech will be based on the JEE Main & 12th score. Candidates those wish to get admission in B.Tech (lateral entry), they will be shortlisted from the merit list of qualifying examination. B.Arch admission will be based on the valid NATA score card.
- Candidates do not forget to take the original documents required for the document verification procedure. Only after the verification of documents, the sets will be allotted to the candidates.
- Documents required at the time of reporting are following
- JEE Main 2019 Rank Card
- NATA 2019 Rank Card
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheets
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Diploma Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Seat Allotment Letter
- Counselling Fee Deposit Slip
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Passport size Photographs
PTU Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Starting of online application form||4th week of May, 2019|
|2||Last date to submit application form||Last week of June, 2019|
|3||Last date to submit application form||1st week of July, 2019|
|4||Result declaration||3rd week of July, 2019|
|5||Counselling||In the month of July. 2019|
|6||Fee deposition||2nd week of May, 2019|
|7||Starting of registration||1st week of June, 2019|
|8||Last date of registration||1st week of July, 2019|
|9||Rank list||1st week of June, 2019|
|10||Choice Filling||2nd week of June, 2019|
|11||Result declaration||3rd week of June, 2019|
|12||Reporting in allotted college||Till 2nd week of July, 2019
I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University,
Jalandhar – Kapurthala Highway,
VPO – Ibban, Kapurthala-144603,
Website : www.ptu.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.