RIMC 2017 Entrance Exam
Rashtriya Indian Military College invites admission Application for VIII Class in the R.I.M.C. Dehradun programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
RIMC 2017 Eligibility
- The Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Inter-Services Institution and a Categiory ‘A’ establishment of the Ministry of Defence. The Collage was established in 1922 with the primary aim of preparing the boys for entry into Defence Services and to provide quality all roundeducation to young boys.
- Entry Age : Candidates ( boys only ) appearing for the above test should not be less than 11 years in age but should not have attained the age of 13 years as on 1 January, 2018, i.e., they should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 2005 and not later than 1st Ju1y, 2006.
- Educational Qualifications : Candidates should either be studying in Class VII or passed Class VII from any recognized school at the time of admission to the RIMC, i.e. on 1st January, 2018.
RIMC 2017 Exam Scheme
Scheme of Examination- The examination comprises :
Written Examination : The written part of the examination will consist of three papers, namely, English ( 10:00 – 12:00hrs ) and Mathematics ( 14:00 – 15:30hrs ) shall be conducted on 1st June, 2017 and General Knowledge paper ( 10:00 – 11:00hrs ) on 2nd June, 2017. Minimum pass marks in each paper is 50%.
Viva Voce : The interview date shall be 10th Octomber, 2017, and interview will be held for only those candidates who qualify in the written exam, Minimum pass marks in interview is 50% and the date, venue for interview will be intimated to them by respective State early by September, 2017. Intelligence and personality of the candidates will be tested in the interview.
Medical Examination : All the candidates qualified after interview will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospitals and only those candidates found medically fit will be considered for selection and admission to the RIMC. The medical examination of the candidates forms only a part of the system of selection and does not imply the final selection.
- As per Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No A136105 / GS / MT-6 / D ( GS – II ) dated 03 September, 2014, the wards of Central Government employees can undertake their exam and viva-voce in the place of posting of employeel domicile state. However, their domicile will be as per original domicile state and accordingly, their candidature will also be considered as per the state of domicile.
- The interviews will be held for only those candidates who pass the written exam; their list will be sent to the respective State Governments by RIMC after approval of MT Directorate.
- It is mandatory for all successful candidates to join RIMC within 10 days of date of commencement of term ( issue of joining instructions for reserve candidates ) , otherwise his candidature will be cancelled and next reserve candidate will be called to join. Results and joining instruction will be regularly updates in RIMC website. It is candidate’s responsibility to check the status regularly
RIMC 2017 Online Application Form
The Applications Forms The prospectus-cum-application form and booklet of old question papers can be obtained from
The Rashtriya Indian Military College,
Uttarakhand – 248003.
through speed post by forwarding self addressed slip and an account payee bank demand draft of 550 / – for General Candidates 505 / – for SC / ST candidates alonwith cast certificate.
The demand draft will be made in favour of “The commandant rimc dehradun”, drawee branch, state bank of india, tel bhavan, dehradun, ( bank code-01576 ) , uttarakhand. The address should be typed / written clearly in capital letters with pin code and contact number. RIMC will NOT be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit of prospectus caused by illegible or incomplete address.
Last Date : Applications in duplicate on prescribed form accompanied by documents to be attached with application form two passport size photographs, Domicile Certificate of the candidate, Birth Certificate ( issued by Municipal Corporation / Gram Panchayat, SC, ST Certificate from principal of the School in original with photograph on it attested stating date of birth and in which Class Studying. Application forms should reach the respective State Governments ( as specified in the press note ) of which their parents /guardians are domicile of, by 31st March, 2017. The wards of Central Government employees, in order to verify the antecede of such- candidates. the State ( where such candidates intend taking the written test ) are free to ask for service certificates 0ver and above the routine documentation The States where the candidates appear must also satisfy themselves with respect to place of duty of the parent / guardians other than the above, states are to ensure that no other candidate must be allowed to appear for the written examination in a state other than which the candidate is domicile of. Kindly note the application forms must be sent to the State qulits and not to The Rashtry Indian Military College, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
RIMC 2017 Exam Centres
Examination centres are generally located in the state capitals or in cities / towns as per advertised.
- The application forms issued by RIMC only shall be valid. Locally printed I Photocopied and without RIMC hologram ( Seal ) forms shall not be accepted.
- No refund of the application fee of any condition.
RIMC 2017 Important Dates
|1||Last Date for Application Form||31st March, 2017|
|2||Written Examination for English and Mathematics||1st June, 2017|
|3||Written Examination for General Knowledge paper||2nd June, 2017|
|4||Viva Voce interview date||10th October, 2017|
Rashtriya Indian Military College,
Garhi Cantt, Dehradun – 248 003,
Phone No. : 0135-2752083,
Fax No. : 2754260,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.rimc.gov.in.