SLIET SET Admission Procedure
- The candidates can apply online by 15th July,2016 who fulfill the conditions of eligibility criteria for fellowship as per the norms of MHRD, Govt. of India in respect to the score card of GATE/NET/CSIR etc.
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can also apply for Ph.D. Programmes (Full Time without fellowship).
- The eligible candidates who have qualified UGC / CSIR (JRF) NET with fellowship / NET(ASRB)/ State level eligibility test(SLET/SET) with fellowship/ GATE are exempted from appearing for the entrance examination, However they should submit the proof of qualifying the examination. The candidates have to appear for the interview.
- MERIT List (in case of candidates appearing for the All India SLIET Entrance Test [SET-V]):
- Total marks secured in the SLIET Entrance test (SET-V) will be converted out of 70.
- The marks secured in the interview out of 30. © Merit list will be prepared based on the total marks [(a)+(b)] secured by the candidate.
- MERIT List (in case of candidates exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test) : The merit list will be prepared on the basis of:
- Total percentage of marks* secured in National Level Test (converted out of 70).
- The marks secured in the interview (converted out of 30). © Total marks will be out of 100.
- The interview will be applicable to all the candidates. Admission will be given on the basis of the combined merit list prepared on the basis of above (IV), (V) and recommendations of interviewing selection panel in each department.
- Decision of interview selection panel will be final in respect of suitability of candidate and his / her qualifications for given department.
- All the Ph.D. candidates will have to complete their course work and get their provisional enrolment confirmed as per Ordinances, Rules & Regulations of Ph.D. Program of SLIET, Longowal as enforced from time to time. The course Research Methodology is compulsory for all selected Ph.D. candidates as per the notification by the UGC (The Gazette of India, July 11, 2009).
- The ordinances, rules & regulations for Ph.D. programmes of SLIET, Longowal shall be applicable to all the successful candidates as in force time to time.
- For admission under Part-time category, it is MANDATORY for the candidate to submit the NOC from the employer at the time of counseling.
SLIET PhD 2016 Application Form:
Process of registration shall be offline only.
Online Application Fee :
- General & Other Categories ( Boys ) : 1200 / *-
- General & Other Categories ( Girls ) : 800 / *-
- SC / ST ( Boys and Girls ) : 600 / *-
*Bank Charges Extra
Mode of payment :
In cash at SLIET counter or through DD drawn in favour of Director SLIET, payable at Longowal.
SLIET PhD 2016 Admit Cards
Admit Card will be provided in Duplicate. One Admit Card has to be deposited at examination centre at the time of examination and other copy shall be retained by the candidate for future use. Admit Card can be downloaded from Institute website www.sliet.ac.in .
All the candidates shall print their Admit Cards from the respective login after 25th May, 2016. In case of any difficulty in printing / downloading the Admit Card, the candidate should contact / inform the Issuing Authority immediately but not later than 01st June, 2016
The form number / roll number is the prime means for locating the application and it should always be quoted in all correspondence & enquiry. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. The admit card meant for candidate should be preserved carefully.
SLIET 2016 Important Dates :
- SLIET 2016 Last Date for applying : 15th June, 2016
- SLIET 2016 Entrance Test : 03rd July, 2016 ( Sunday )
- Interview for PhD : 4th July, 2016 ( Monday )
- Display of list of qualified Candidates : 08th July, 2016 ( Friday )
SLIET SET 2016 Online Application Form
- Candidate shall log on to www.sliet.ac.in and click proceeds for Admission and then registration.
- Click on to new registration and for already registered users, enter Login & Password.
- Before you proceed to register yourself, you must ensure that you have read and understood the eligibility criteria & reservation policy for the Course / Program you are applying for.
- Candidate should fill his / her basic details like Date of Birth ( DOB ), Address, State, City, Religion, Contact / Mobile Numbers and Email very carefully.
- Choose your password at least of 6-10 characters. Please remember your password and don‟t share with others.
- Before final submission of online Application Form, read the declaration given on the website carefully and given your consent on it, failing which you will not be able to complete your registration. So, you must check the information details carefully before final submission of Registration Form.
- Please note that after successfully submitting the Application Form, the candidate will get a SMS on his / her Mobile that will ensure his / her provisional registration successfully with a Form Number and Password. For this, candidate should provide valid mobile number.
- After successfully submitting Online Application Form for SET 2016, kindly note down your Form Number for future reference. The processing of Application Form will begin only after the successful payment of Application Fee.
- Select from a mode of fee payment. If a candidate opts to pay application fee through E-Challan mode, he / she has to effect the payment of application fee within 48 hrs from the date of registration.
- Once the payment is confirmed, the online Registration Page for PRINT shall be available to the candidate.
- Take PRINT of Registration Page.
- Overwriting, Cuttings, Erasing in the Registration Page or Incomplete Registration Page May Lead to rejection of form and should be avoided. any error arising on this account shall be the Responsibility of the Candidate.
- The Registration Page duly filled in / signed should be sent to the following address : The Chairman SET 2016,
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology ( SLIET ),
Longowal – 148106 ( DISTT. Sangrur ),
Punjab.In the envelope by Registered / Speed Post only, so as to reach positively by 6th May, 2016. The candidate must retain photocopy of his / her filled in Registration Page for future correspondence, if required.
- If a candidate submits more than one Registration Page, his / her candidature shall liable to be cancelled and debarred for future examination(s). No communication will be sent in this regard.
- Photograph : Firmly affix two recent high contrast passport size coloured photograph ( Taken on or after February, 2016 ) with gum / fevicol ( not to be pinned or stapled ) in the space provided for it in the Registration Page. The photograph must indicate clearly the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are not acceptable. Candidates not complying with these instructions or with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected. Candidates shall keep 10 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of Entrance Examination / Counselling / Document Verification / Admission.
- Request for change or correction of any information, once given in the Registration Page, shall not be entertained under any circumstances. The SLIET will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non acceptance of any correction / addition / deletion in any particular once filled in the application form, whatsoever the reasons may be.
SLIET SET 2016 Application Form Cost
Mode of SLIET registration shall be ONLINE only :
SLIET Online Application Fee
- General & Other Categories ( Boys ) : 1200/*-
- General & Other Categories ( Girls ) : 800/*-
- SC / ST ( Boys and Girls ) : 600/*-
*Bank charges Extra
SLIET Mode of Payment : E-Challan / Net Banking / Debit card / Credit card
SLIET SET 2016 Exam Centres
|18||Fatehgarh Sahib||50||Nawanshahr ( SBS Nagar )|
|30||Hyderabad||62||Tarn Taran Sahib|
SLIET SET 2016 Admit Cards
- Admit Card will be provided in Duplicate. One Admit Card has to be deposited at examination centre at the time of examination and other copy shall be retained by the candidate for future use. Admit Card can be downloaded from Institute website www.sliet.ac.in .
- All the candidates shall print their Admit Cards from the respective login after 25th May, 2016. In case of any difficulty in printing / downloading the Admit Card, the candidate should contact / inform the Issuing Authority immediately but not later than 01st June, 2016.
- The form number / roll number is the prime means for locating the application and it should always be quoted in all correspondence & enquiry. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. The admit card meant for candidate should be preserved carefully.
SLIET SET 2016 Important Dates
|1||Last date for receipt of complete Application Form (SET-I /SET-IA / SET-III)||6th May, 2016|
|2||3-Year ICD Program- (SET-I)||5th June, 2016 (Sunday ) 10.00 – 12.30|
|3||Lateral Entry to ICD(2nd Year)(SET-IA)||5th June, 2016 (Sunday ) 10.00 – 12.30|
|4||FIRST PHASE (SET-I, SET-IA, & SET-III) Choice Filling||19th to 21st June, 2016|
|Round – I|
|5||First provisional allotment||22nd June, 2016|
|6||Payment of Seat holding fee(with choice of auto upgradation)||23rd to 27th June, 2016|
|Round – II|
|7||Upgradation of seat hold in 1st round and Second provisional allotment||28th June, 2016|
|8||Payment of Seat holding fee(with choice of auto upgradation)||29th to 30th June, 2016|
|Document Verification / Fee Deposition (at SLIET Longowal)|
|9||3-year ICD Program (SET-I)||Punjab (All Reserved Categories)||11th -12th July, 2016|
|10||Punjab (General Category)||11th -12th July, 2016|
|11||Other States (All Category)||11th -12th July, 2016|
|12||Lateral Entry to ICD(2nd Year) (SET-IA)||11th -12th July,2016|