SLIET SET Admission Procedure
- The candidates who fulfill the conditions of eligibility criteria can apply online by 14th June, 2017.
- The eligible candidates who have qualified UGC / CSIR ( JRF ) NET with fellowship / NET ( ASRB ) with fellowship / State level eligibility test ( SLET / SET ) with fellowship / GATE are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING for the entrance examination, However, they should submit the proof of qualifying the examination. But, they have to APPLY ONLINE. These candidates have to appear for the interview
- MERIT List : The interview will be applicable to the candidates who qualify SET-V and others who are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING in SET-V as per 2.3(c). The admission will be given on the basis of the MERIT LIST prepared on the basis performance in interview/presentation.
- Decision of interview selection panel will be final in respect of suitability of candidate and his / her qualifications for given department
- The course Research Methodology is compulsory for all selected Ph.D. candidates.
- The ordinances, rules & regulations for Ph.D. programmes of SLIET, Longowal shall be applicable to all the successful candidates as in force time to time. The guidelines of UGC notification dated May, 2017 shall be applicable to all the candidates.
- For admission under PART-TIME CATEGORY, it is MANDATORY for the candidate to submit the NOC from the employer at the time of counseling
SLIET PhD 2017 Application Form
Process of registration shall be offline only.
Online Application Fee :
- General & Other Categories ( Boys ) : 1200 / *-
- General & Other Categories ( Girls ) : 800 / *-
- SC / ST ( Boys and Girls ) : 600 / *-
*Bank Charges Extra
Mode of payment :
In cash at SLIET counter or through DD drawn in favour of Director SLIET, payable at Longowal.
SLIET PhD 2017 Admit Cards
Admit Card will be provided in Duplicate. One Admit Card has to be deposited at examination centre at the time of examination and other copy shall be retained by the candidate for future use. Admit Card can be downloaded from Institute website www.sliet.ac.in .
All the candidates shall print their Admit Cards from the respective login after May, 2017. In case of any difficulty in printing / downloading the Admit Card, the candidate should contact / inform the Issuing Authority immediately but not later than June, 2017
The form number / roll number is the prime means for locating the application and it should always be quoted in all correspondence & enquiry. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. The admit card meant for candidate should be preserved carefully.
SLIET 2017 Important Dates
|1||SLIET 2017 Last Date for applying||14th June, 2017|
|2||SLIET 2017 Entrance Test||02nd July, 2017 ( Sunday ) 11.00 – 13.00 Hours|
|3||Interview for PhD||5th July, 2017 ( Wednesday ) 09.00 A.M. onwards|
|4||Display of list of qualified Candidates||07th July, 2017 ( Friday )|
|5||Counseling for PhD Programs||13th July, 2017|
SLIET SET 2017 Online Application Form
- Candidate shall log on to www.sliet.ac.in and click proceeds for Admission and then registration.
- Click on to new registration and for already registered users, enter Login & Password.
- Before you proceed to register yourself, you must ensure that you have read and understood the eligibility criteria & reservation policy for the Course / Program you are applying for.
- Candidate should fill his / her basic details like Date of Birth ( DOB ), Address, State, City, Religion, Contact / Mobile Numbers and Email very carefully.
- Choose your password at least of 6-10 characters. Please remember your password and don‟t share with others.
- Before final submission of online Application Form, read the declaration given on the website carefully and given your consent on it, failing which you will not be able to complete your registration. So, you must check the information details carefully before final submission of Registration Form.
- Please note that after successfully submitting the Application Form, the candidate will get a SMS on his / her Mobile that will ensure his / her provisional registration successfully with a Form Number and Password. For this, candidate should provide valid mobile number.
- After successfully submitting Online Application Form for SET 2017, kindly note down your Form Number for future reference. The processing of Application Form will begin only after the successful payment of Application Fee.
- Select from a mode of fee payment. If a candidate opts to pay application fee through E-Challan mode, he / she has to effect the payment of application fee within 48 hrs from the date of registration.
- Once the payment is confirmed, the online Registration Page for PRINT shall be available to the candidate.
- Take PRINT of Registration Page.
- Overwriting, Cuttings, Erasing in the Registration Page or Incomplete Registration Page May Lead to rejection of form and should be avoided. any error arising on this account shall be the Responsibility of the Candidate.
- The Registration Page duly filled in / signed should be sent to the following address : The Chairman SET 2017,
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology ( SLIET ),
Longowal – 148106 ( DISTT. Sangrur ),
Punjab.In the envelope by Registered / Speed Post only, so as to reach positively by May, 2017. The candidate must retain photocopy of his / her filled in Registration Page for future correspondence, if required.
- If a candidate submits more than one Registration Page, his / her candidature shall liable to be cancelled and debarred for future examination(s). No communication will be sent in this regard.
- Photograph : Firmly affix two recent high contrast passport size coloured photograph ( Taken on or after February, 2016 ) with gum / fevicol ( not to be pinned or stapled ) in the space provided for it in the Registration Page. The photograph must indicate clearly the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are not acceptable. Candidates not complying with these instructions or with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected. Candidates shall keep 10 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of Entrance Examination / Counselling / Document Verification / Admission.
- Request for change or correction of any information, once given in the Registration Page, shall not be entertained under any circumstances. The SLIET will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non acceptance of any correction / addition / deletion in any particular once filled in the application form, whatsoever the reasons may be.
SLIET SET 2017 Application Form Cost
Mode of SLIET registration shall be ONLINE only :
SLIET Online Application Fee
- General & Other Categories ( Boys ) : 1200/*-
- General & Other Categories ( Girls ) : 800/*-
- SC / ST ( Boys and Girls ) : 600/*-
*Bank charges Extra
SLIET Mode of Payment : E-Challan / Net Banking / Debit card / Credit card
SLIET SET 2017 Exam Centres
|18||Fatehgarh Sahib||50||Nawanshahr ( SBS Nagar )|
|30||Hyderabad||62||Tarn Taran Sahib|
SLIET SET 2017 Admit Cards
- Admit Card will be provided in Duplicate. One Admit Card has to be deposited at examination centre at the time of examination and other copy shall be retained by the candidate for future use. Admit Card can be downloaded from Institute website www.sliet.ac.in .
- All the candidates shall print their Admit Cards from the respective login after May, 2017. In case of any difficulty in printing / downloading the Admit Card, the candidate should contact / inform the Issuing Authority immediately but not later than June, 2017.
- The form number / roll number is the prime means for locating the application and it should always be quoted in all correspondence & enquiry. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. The admit card meant for candidate should be preserved carefully.
SLIET SET 2017 Important Dates
|1||Last date for receipt of complete Application Form (SET-I /SET-IA / SET-III)||8th May, 2017|
|2||3-Year ICD Program- (SET-I)||4th June, 2017 (Sunday ) 10.00 – 12.30 Hours|
|3||Lateral Entry to ICD(2nd Year)(SET-IA)||4th June, 2017 ( Sunday ) 10.00 – 12.30 Hours|
|4||FIRST PHASE (SET-I, SET-IA, & SET-III) Choice Filling||15th to 19th June, 2017|
|Round - I|
|5||First provisional allotment||21st June, 2017 ( 3.00 p.m. )|
|6||Payment of Seat holding fee(with choice of auto upgradation)||21st to 26th June, 2017|
|Round - II|
|7||Upgradation of seat hold in 1st round and Second provisional allotment||28th June, 2017|
|8||Payment of Seat holding fee(with choice of auto upgradation)||28th to 03rd July, 2017|
|Document Verification / Fee Deposition (at SLIET Longowal)|
|9||3-year ICD Program (SET-I)||Punjab (All Categories)||10th July, 2017|
|10||Other States (All Category)||11th July, 2017|
|11||Lateral Entry to ICD(2nd Year) (SET-IA)||11th July,2017|