SLIET SET PhD 2017
SLIET Entrance Test Schedule for admission in even semester of PhD program for the session 2017 – 2018 Creative and productive enquiry is the basic concept underlying the research work. The award of the PhD Degree is in respect of high achievements, independent research and application of scientific knowledge to the solution of scientific and technical problems.The admission to PhD program ( Part Time / Full Time ) will be strictly as per institute rules.
SLIET SET 2017 Eligibility
Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with 55% marks ( 55% for reserved categories ) in relevant disciplines.
- Master’s Degree holders or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, should be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ) / Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
SIETT SET 2017 Departments
Admission to Ph.D. programs is available in following categories :
- Full Time ( with fellowship )*
- Full Time ( without fellowship )
- Part Time
*The student in the Full Time ( with fellowship ) shall be governed by rules and regulation of MHRD, New Delhi ( Reference no. SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dated 21.10.2014 and F.No. 17-2/2014-TS.1 dated 02.03.2015 ) or any other latest instructions issued by MHRD, GOI from time to time.
Reservations will be as per Government of India norms.
|1||Chemical Engineering (Ph.D – CE)|
|2||Chemistry (Ph.D.- CHY)|
|3||Computer Science and Engineering (Ph.D.- CS)|
|4||Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (Ph.D.- EIE)|
|5||Electronics & Communication Engineering (Ph.D.- ECE)|
|6||Humanities (English) (Ph.D.- ENG)|
|7||Food Engineering & Technology (Ph.D.- FET)|
|8||Management (Ph.D.- MGT)|
|9||Mathematics (Ph.D.– MATH)|
|10||Mechanical Engineering (Ph.D.- ME)|
|11||Physics (Ph.D.- PHY)|
The seats may be increased or decreased as per recommendations of the respective departments at the time of the interview as per suitability of the candidates. However, Director, SLIET reserves the rights not to fill the seats if suitable candidates are not found.
SLIET SET 2017 Exam Pattern
Admission to the Ph.D. programmes will be based on TWO STAGE PROCESS through
An ENTRANCE TEST ( SET-V ) shall be QUALIFYING with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at SLIET only; and
An INTERVIEW / VIVA-VOCE wherein the candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee. The interview / viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether
- the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- the research work can be suitably undertaken at the institution/College;
- the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
SLIET SET Integrated Certificate Diploma ( ICD ) Programs
SLIET Exam Date Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology ( SLIET ) the institute is a Self – contained Model Township having all the modern infrastructure & facilities. The Institute offers unique modular pattern of education in various branches of Engineering & Technology. Applications ( Online ) are invited for admission to Integrated Certificate – Diploma ( ICD ) Programs.
The students pursuing certificate / Diploma courses in the institute and eligible for promotion to higher module should also apply as per their scheme. Few seats are also available in different ICD programs under PWD scheme of Government of India.
SLIET SET 2017 Eligibility
- The minimum qualification for admission to the 3 Year ICD Program is Matric pass ( Pass in English, Mathematics and Science is compulsory ) from a State Education Board / CBSE / ICSE / National Open School or an equivalent examination recognized / approved by MHRD, Government of India. Those who are appearing in matriculation examination may also apply subject to producing the result at the time of admission.
- For admission to Lateral Entry ICD (2nd year) in addition to the matric pass as above, must have passed full time 2 years ITI / Certificate /10+2 (vocational) in relevant trade with 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) from Govt. / Semi Govt Institute along with 2 years industrial experience from Govt. / Semi Govt. and Private Industry of repute.
The duration of the ICD program is 3 years, However if a student willing to exit after successfully completing 2 years in the prescribed course of study with required credits he / she will be awarded certificate in the respective course of ICD program. He / She will be allowed to exit only after completing all the formalities as per the norms of institute.
SLIET SET Disciplines & Seats
Admission is available in the following disciplines of ICD Programs.
|S.No||Department||Name of Diploma Program||Intake||Name of Certificate Program||Intake|
|1||Chemical Engineering||Chemical Technology (DCT)||60||Paper Technology (CPT)||60|
|2||Food Engineering and Technology||Food Technology (DFT)||60||Food Processing & Preservation (CFP)||60|
|3||Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering (DCS)||120||Data Entry & Word Processing (CDE)||120|
|4||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics & Communication Engineering (DEC)||60||Television Mechanic CTV)||30|
|Servicing & Maintenance ofElectronic Instruments (CSME)||30|
|5||Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering||Instrumentation & Control (DIN)||60||Servicing & Maintenance of Medical Instruments (CSMM)||60|
|Electrical Engineering (DEE)||60||Electrician (CEN)||60|
|6||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering (DME)||150||Welding (CWG)||30|
|Foundry and Forging (CFF)||30|
|Tool & Die Technology (CTD)||30|
|Auto & Farm Equipment Mechanic (CAF)||30|
|Air Conditioning Mechanic (CAC)||30|
|7||Civil Engineering#||Civil Engineering(DCE)*||30||Building Maintenance||30|
The seats shown above are indicative and may vary at the time of admission. Considering different supernumerary schemes of scholarship as per Govt. norms the number of seats may increase. The student may voluntarily exit after successfully completing 2 years (with requisite number of credits) of ICD Program. Student will be awarded certificate which is equivalent to 10+2 by MHRD for purpose of jobs under central Govt., Punjab University, Chandigarh for admission of BCA, B.Sc. & Punjab School Education Board Fifty percent ( 50% ) students admitted (but not exceeding 50% of the sanctioned strength) in 3-Year ICD program in the respective batch fulfilling the institute Academic norms / criteria shall be promoted to higher module in the respective year. Students admitted under NRI category / PWD scheme shall not be considered under 50% quota of promotion.
Territorial Quota :
Seats meant for 3 Year ICD ( SET – I ) courses are bifurcated for the candidates of the State of Punjab and for the candidates belonging to other States,respectively in the following proportion :
|Quota for Punjab State ( excluding Chandigarh )||75%|
|Quota for Other States and U.T. ( including Chandigarh )||25%|
The detailed conditions to available territorial quota are given in section 2.9.3 (ii) However, admission under SET-IA will be purely on open merit.
SLIET SET 2017 Admission Procedure
- Admission to all ICD courses shall be made on the basis of All India SLIET Entrance Test ( SET – I ).
- Admission to ( ICD 2 nd year Lateral Entry ) shall be through SET – IA test. Candidate shall register himself / herself online.
SLIET SET 2017 Exam Pattern of SET – I & SET – IA
SLIET Entrance Test ( SET – I & SET – IA ) for admission to ICD Program will consist of one paper of two & half hours duration. This paper will have 150 objective type questions of 150 marks from English, General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
Answers of all the objective type questions are to be filled in the OMR answer sheet given separately during the Examination. There will be 25% negative marking for wrong answers.