Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering and Technology Entrance ExamExams Date »
Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering and Technology-Entrance Exam
Sant Longowal Institute set up Engineering and Technology (SLIET) is a National level institute set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, government of India which offers unique modular pattern of education in various branches of Engineering and Technology at certificate, Diploma, Degree programme.
According to the recent Memo dated 4-1-2006 of Punjab Govt, Certificate programme of SLIET is equivalent to 10+2 and student from Certificate programme of SLIET is equivalent to 10+2 and students from Certificate are eligible for admission in B.E / B.Tech. Programme is accredited by NBA (AICTE, New Delhi). Application on prescribed form are invited for admission to various programmes through a National Level Test, to be conducted at all major cities of Punjab and Other States and state Capitals on June 10-11,2006.
Certificate programmes (1 years Duration)
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (CAC)
- Auto and Farm Machinery (CAF)
- Computer Applications (CCA)
- Foundry and Forging (CFF)
- Maintenance of Television (CTV)
- Maintenance of Electrical Equipments (CMEE)
- Paper and Printing Technology (CPPT)
- Servicing and Maintenance of Electronics Instruments (CSME)
- Servicing and Maintenance of Medical Instruments (CSMM)
- Tool and Die Technology (CTD)
- Welding Technology (CWG)
- Food Technology.
Diploma Programme (2 years Duration)
- Chemical Technology (DCT)
- Food Technology (DFP)
- Computer Science and Application (DCA)
- Computer Science and Engineering (DCE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (DEC)
- Instrumentation Engineering (DIN)
- Industrial and Production Engineering (DIP)
- Maintenance and Plant Engineering (DMP)
- Welding Technology
- Foundry Technology
Degree Programme (3 years Duration)
- Chemical Technology with specialization in
- Polymer Technology (GCT Polymer)
- Paper Technology (GCT Paper)
- Food Technology (GFT)
- Computer Science and Engineering (GCS)
- Information Technology Electronics and Communication Engineering (GEC)
- Instrumentation Engineering (GIN)
- Mechanical Engineering with specialization in
- Manufacturing Engineering (GME)
- Welding Technology
M.Tech Programme (2 years Duration)
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Food Engineering & Technology
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Polymer Technology
Ph.D Programmes All the Departments offer Ph.D Programmes.
th pass (with pass in Science, Mathematics and English) from a state Secondary Education Board / CBSE / ISCE or equivalent.
10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics from a recognized Board/University or equivalent or a Certificate holders of SLIET.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology in the concerned/allied branch or equivalent.
Masters Degree in Science / engineering/ Technology
Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination can also apart SLIET, Longowal.
Reservation to seats:
Seats are reserved for various categories as mentioned below
Punjab State 75%
Other States and U.T 25%
Punjab State 50%
Other States and U.T 50%
Degree: Open at All India Level.
No entrance test is conducted for the admission in Ph.D in different branches of Science and Engineering. Students interested can directly contact to head of the concerned department.
Statutory Reservations (in all above programmes)
!5% for Schedule Castes, 7.5% for Schedule Tribes and 3% for Physically Handicapped.
15% in all Diploma and Degree Programmes (over and above the sanctioned seats).
10% in Diploma and Degree Programmes (over and above the sanctioned seats)
Latest instruction of Governmaent of India shall apply at the time of admission against these categories.
Application Form And Examination Fee:
The Brochure containing information about the institute, syllabi for Entrance Test for different programmes and application form for Entrance Test is available from
February 10, 2006 at SLIET,
Longowal (Distt. Sangrur) – 148 106, Punjab, on payment of Rs.325 at the institute’s Counter or through Post by sending a Bank Draft of Rs.350 in favour of
Director, SLIET, payable at Longowal/Sangrur. The complete application form along with examination fee (in the form of DD or cash receipt) of Rs.500 (Rs. 250 for SC/ST) should be sent to the
Chairman, SET-2006, Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal 148 106, Distt. Sangrur (Punjab) on or before May 2, 2006.
For vertical Promation from lower module to higher module the SLIET students of certificate and Diploma Programmes shall have to appear in the Entrance Test, SET-IV and SET-V, respectively to be conducted on
Sunday, June 25, 2006 at SLIET, Longowal only.
Information Brochure shall also be available at the following places by Cash payment of Rs. 335 from Feb 20, 2006.
- Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda
- Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana (Punjab)
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (H.P)
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)
- YMCA Institute of Engineering, Sector 6, Faridabad
- Multani Mai Modi College, Patiala
- Mehar Chand Polytechnic, Jalandhar City
- Directorate of Technical Education and Indi. Training, plot No.1, Sector 36-A, and Chanidigarh
- Beant College of Engineering and Technology, Gurdaspur.
- Madan Mohan Malviya Engg. Collge, Gorakhpur
- Shri Guru Nanak giris Degree College, Gautam Budh Marg, Lucknow
- BAV Inter College, Subhash Bazar, Meerut
- Indian Bank, Main Branch, Biscomaun Bhavan, West Gandhi Maidan, Patna, Indian Bank, Ashok Hotel Complex, Darbhanga, India Bank Bank, New Road, Moti Jheel, Muzaffarpur, Indian Bank, 4, Patel Babu Road, Bhagapur, India bank, Sainik Bhawan, Ranchi.
Phone: 01672-280072, 284815, 284816, 284778, and 284779
Fax: 01672-280072, 280059, and 280057.