Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Entrance Examination 2007
Kerala – 683 574,
Admission to the M.A., MSW and P.G. Diploma Courses 2007
Applications are invited to the following academic programmes for the academic year 2007-08 in the Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady and Regional Centre, Name of the centre and details of course offered all the Centres are given as under.
- Main Centre, Kalady a) M.A. Malayalam, Hindi, English, History, Philosophy, Music, Dance (Bharathanatyam, Mohiniyottom), Theatre, Comparative Literature, Sanskrit Sahitya, Vedanta, Vyakarana, Nyaya, Psychology and Vedic Studies.
c) P.G. Diploma
ii) Translation and office proceedings in Hindi
- Regional Centre, Thiruvananthapurama) M.A. – Malayalam, Hindi, History, Sanskrit, Vedanta, Vyakarana, Nyaya and English
- Regional Centre, Panamaa) M.A. Malayalam, Hindi, Sanskrit, General and Vedanta
- Regional Centre, Ettumannoora) M.A. Malayalam, Hindi, and Sanskirt Sahitya
- Regional Centre, Thuravoora) M.A. Malayalam, Hindi, Sanskirt Sahitya and Historyb) M.S.W
- Regional Centre, Thrissura) M.A. Malayalam, Hindi, Sanskirt Sahitya and Nyaya
- Regional Centre, Tirura) M.A. Malayalam, Sanskrit Sahitya, Vyakarana, Arabic, Hindi and Historyb) M.S.W
- Regional Centre, Koyilandya) M.A. Urdu, Sanskrit Sahitya, Vedanta and Malayalam
- a) M.A. – Malayalam, Hind, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit Sahitya, Vyakarana and Vedanta(b) M.S.W.(c) Certified courses in Kannada and Jyothisham
Eligibility of Admission:
Bachelors Degree in any discipline. Candidates appearing to the final year /Semester degree examination can also apply. (Admission of these candidates will be provisional and will be regularized on production of qualifying candidates on or before
Mode of Selection:
Admission to the above courses will strictly on the basis of the marks obtained at the Entrance Examination. Admission to M.A. Theatre will be governed by an aptitude test also.
Examination and Centres:
a) The Entrance Examinations for MA and PG Diploma will be form 15.05.07 to 18.05.07 at Thiruvananthapuram, Panama, Ettumannoor, Kalady, Thuravoor, Thrissur, Tirur, Koyilandy and Payyannur and such other centres to be decided later.
b) MSW Entrance Examination will be held on
20.05.07 in Main Centre Kalady and Regional Centre, Thuravoor, Tirur and Payyannur.
There will be separate examination for each subject and candidates can opt only for three subjects for the examination, apart from Diploma and M.S.W. The candidates are free to apply for any discipline regardless of the subjects they have taken in their graduate level except, for M.A. music and Dance. 10% weightage on the basis of performance in the written test will be given students those who have taken the same subject as main / core in the degree level.
How to get Application:
Applications for the various courses of study can be had from the Offices of the Directors of Main Centre, Kalady and Regional Centres on payment of the prescribed fee Rs.100/- (Rs.250/- for M.A. and Rs.50/ for M.S.W.
Those who intend to get the application by post may make such a requisition to the Registrar along with a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.100/- (Rs.250/- for M.S.W) drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady payable at Union Bank of India Kalady together with a self addressed stamped envelope for Rs.10/-.
Return of filled – in Application:
Duly filled applications complete in all respects should be returned in person or by post to the Registrar, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady P.O., Ernakulam District, Kerala, Pin – 683 574. Late or incomplete applications will be rejected.
Last date of issue and receipt of application forms:
University reserves the right to cancel any Course in any Centre for administrative or other reasons. More details can be had from the prospectus