TNAU Doctoral Programme Entrance TestExams Date »
TNAU Doctoral Programme Entrance Test 2019
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University invites admission application for PhD programs and conducts Entrance test for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
TNAU Courses Offered 2019
- External Ph. D. by Research ( 4 years )
- Integrated Ph. D. ( 4 years )
- Regular Ph. D. ( 3 years )
- Ph.D in Agriculture
- Ph.D in Science &
- Ph.D in Engineering
TNAU Eligibility 2019
- Agriculture Economics : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Agricultural Economics / Agricultural Marketing Management.
- Agriculture Extension : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Agricultural Entomology
- Agronomy : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Agronomy
- Agriculture Meteorology & Climatology : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Agricultural Meteorology and Climatology
- Crop Physiology : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Crop Physiology or Plant Physiology
- Environmental Sciences :
- Candidates possessing a Master’s degree in Environmental science from TNAU / Agricultural Microbiology / Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry / Agronomy / Crop Physiology / Plant Breeding and Genetics / Agricultural Entomology / Plant Nematology / Plant Pathology / Horticulture / Forestry
- Or M. Tech in Agricultural Engineering from TNAU or from a recognized university
- Students with M.Sc. ( Biotechnology ) with basic farm science degree are also eligible to apply.
- Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
- Agriculture Microbiology : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Agricultural Microbiology
- Plant Breeding & Genetics : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) Plant Breeding and Genetics/M.Sc. ( Ag. ) Plant Genetic Resources/ M.Sc. ( Ag. ) Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Seed Science & Technology : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Seed Science and Technology
- Agriculture Entomology & Plant Nematology : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) Plant Nematology / M.Sc. ( Ag. ) Agricultural Entomology/ M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Plant Pathology with thesis research in Plant Nematology.
- Plant Pathology : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Plant Pathology
- Sericulture : Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Sericulture ) / M.Sc. ( Ag. ) in Sericulture
- Biotechnology :
- Students must have passed M.Sc. ( Biotechnology ) of TNAU or its equivalent in related field of specialization with basic Farm Science Degree.
- Students possessing Master degree in Plant Breeding and Genetics / Ag. Microbiology / Ag. Entomology / Plant Pathology / Horticulture / Forestry / Environmental Sciences / Seed Science and Technology / Crop Physiology / Plant Nematology / Bioinformatics / Biochemical Technology / Microbial Technology of TNAU are also eligible.
- Soil & Water Conservation Engineering :
- Students must have passed M. Tech. ( Ag. Engg. ) / M.E.( Ag. ) of TNAU or IIT in the concerned discipline / M. Tech. ( Ag. Engg. ) Environmental Engineering
- B.E. / B. Tech in ( Ag. Engg. ) degrees from State Agricultural Universities and who acquired post graduate programme in Government institutions viz. Indian Institute of Technology, Constituent Colleges of Anna University, Government Engineering Colleges.
- Farm Power Machinery : Students must have passed M. Tech. ( Ag. Engg. ) / M.E. ( Ag. ) of TNAU or IIT in the concerned discipline
- Bio Energy : Students must have passed M. Tech. ( Ag. Engg. ) / M.E. ( Ag. ) of TNAU or IIT in the concerned discipline
- Agriculture Processing and Food Engineering : Students must have passed M. Tech. ( Ag. Engg. ) / M.E. ( Ag. ) of TNAU or IIT in the concerned discipline
- Extension Education : Students must have passed M. Sc. ( Ag. ) Agricultural Extension / In service candidates with M.Sc. Home Science Extension
- Agriculture Business Management :
- Students must have passed Master degree in Business Management / Business Administration / Agricultural Marketing Management / Agricultural Economics of State Agri. Universities.
- Master degree in Agribusiness Management of IIMs, PG Diploma ( 2 year ) in management of All India Management Association, PG Diploma ( 2 years ) in Agribusiness Management of MANAGE, Hyderabad, PG Diploma ( 2 years ) in Rural Management of IRMA, Anand, Gujarat.
TNAU Application Form 2019
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University application form is available in the official website www.tnau.ac.in.
- The candidate can download the Application form from Tamil Nadu Agriculture University official website.
- Pay the Application fee in online mode ( [rupee] 500/- for SC / ST & [rupee] 1000/- for General category students ) you can pay through net banking or credit card / Through ATM cum debit card of SBI / Counter service at SBI branch
- Duly filled application form along with required documents should be sent to the university through post or courier to the following address :
Dean School of Post Graduate Studies,
Tamil Nadu Agriculture University,
Coimbatore, 641 003
Documents required to be enclosed with Application :
- Copy of Tamil Nadu community certificate issued by Revenue officer of Tamil Nadu state ( if applicable ). Same would be applicable to SC / ST students of other states too.
- Copy of marks sheet of qualifying degree.
- Code of conduct certificate issued by head of the institution & two professors where the student last studied.
- Acknowledgement card or post card on which your address should be mentioned.
TNAU Selection Procedure 2019
- Students looking for admission have to appear for the written test which will be conducted at TNA University campus on their own expenses.
- Exam date & time of the written test will be intimated to the students through e – mail.
- Objective written test will be of one hour duration in related discipline.
- Students have to submit the balance fee in support of confirmation of final seat.
- After payment of balance fee students have to register for the course within 7 working days, failing which leads to cancellation of their candidature.
TNAU Important Dates 2019
|1||Registration Date||14th June, 2019 - 11th July, 2019|
|2||Date of Entrance Examination||26th July, 2019|
|3||Commencement of classes||23rd August, 2019|
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,
Coimbatore 641003, Tamilnadu, India.,
Phone : 0422 661 1200,
Fax : 0422 661 1343,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.tnau.ac.in.