Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test-TANCET-Exams Date »
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test-TANCET-2019
Anna University invites admission application for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test leading to admission in PG programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
TANCET Courses Offered 2019
- M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch and M.Plan
TANCET Eligibility 2019
Anna University has ruled out certain eligibility conditions for candidates registering for TANCET. These must be fulfilled by the candidate in order to sit for the exam.
- Candidates who have completed / are in their final year of Graduation can apply.
- Masters in any discipline of science is also accepted.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or possess a 10+3 years diploma certificate from the State Board of Technical Education are eligible.
- Candidates with a valid GATE Score with qualifying marks in relevant discipline of Engineering / Technology, need not appear for TANCET.
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science ( XE ) and Life Science ( XL ), have to appear for TANCET 2019.
The pass percentage is determined on the basis of candidate’s category. Read it below :
|Name of the category||Pass Percentage|
|General / OBC||50%|
|SC / ST||45%|
- Candidates from the other states excluding Tamil Nadu can also apply for the entrance. However, the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities.
TANCET Exam Pattern 2019
- TANCET 2019 is scheduled in April 2019 in offline mode ( pen and paper – based ).
- It consists of 100 MCQ questions.
- The medium of the paper is English.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- Question paper for programs like M.Tech / ME / M.Arch and M.Plan are segregated into 3 sections.
- Against every correct answer, +1 mark is allotted and for every incorrect answer, -1 / 5 mark is subtracted. No marks are allotted for un-attempted questions. Aspirants can score a maximum of 100 marks.
TANCET Application Form 2019
TANCET admission application form is available in the official website www.annauniv.edu.
Candidates can register themselves at TANCET Official Website before the registration window closes. TANCET 2019 Registration can only be done in online mode by following the below steps :
- Visit the website of Anna University i.e. annauniv.edu.
- Click on ‘TANCET 2019 Registration’
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Password to generate id and password
- Re-login to fill TANCET 2019 Application Form
- Upload a recent colored passport size photograph. Check TANCET Photo Size, Format and Other Details
- Pay application fee as per category
- Post submission of the form, an application number will be auto – generated by the system
TANCET 2019 Application Fee
Candidates can apply for more than one course but in such cases, they have to pay for each added course. The payment can be made in a single demand draft for more than one program. The fee structure is summed up in the table below :
- For UR Category Application Fee is ₹ 500/-
- For SC / SCA / ST ( candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu ) Application Fee is ₹ 250/-
TANCET Admit Card 2019
How to Download TANCET Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. annauniv.edu
- Click the link ‘Download TANCET Hall Ticket’
- Enter User ID and Password
- Download TANCET Admit Card for further reference
TANCET Exam Centres 2019
- TANCET 2019 will be held across 15 cities in Tamil Nadu.
- Aspirants can choose one exam center at the time of TANCET 2019 Registration.
- Candidates may be allotted another exam center other than the one chosen, in case there is no vacancy in the preferred one.
The list of TANCET exam centers is displayed below :
TANCET Important Dates 2019
|S.No||Event||Date ( tentative )|
|1||TANCET 2019 Online Registration||2nd April, 2019|
|2||Release of TANCET 2019 Admit Card||April 2019|
|3||TANCET Exam Date 2019 ( Released )||MBA 19th May, 2019 ( AN )
MCA 20th May, 2019 ( FN )
M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. 19th May, 2019 ( FN )
|4||Declaration of TANCET 2019 Result||8th June, 2019|
|5||Commencement of TANCET 2019 Counseling||July, 2019|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600025, India.,
Phone No. : 0422 268 9701,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.annauniv.edu.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.