Tamilnadu Open University BEd Entrance ExamExams Date »
Tamil Nadu Open University B.Ed. Admission 2019
Tamil Nadu Open University invites application from Candidates for the admission of B.Ed. program for the academic year January, 2019
TNOU B.Ed. Admission Courses 2019
- B.Ed. Tamil
- B.Ed. English
- B.Ed. Mathematics
- B.Ed. Science
- B.Ed. Social Science
- B.Ed. Computer Science
- B.Ed. Commerce
- B.Ed. Economics
TNOU B.Ed. Admission Eligibility 2019
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education such as D.T.Ed., from any Government recognised school within the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidates who have completed a NCTE recognised teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social Sciences / Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3 ( 15 ) or 11+1+3 ( 15 ) pattern of study and passed the qualifying examination conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education / Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Education level.
- The three year Diploma in Engineering shall be treated as equivalent to +2 course for the purpose of eligibility for admission.
- Candidates, who have passed the UG or PG degree under Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and one year of Pre-University Course ( P.U.C ) examination or 10+2 pattern of School Education examination are not eligible for admission, even if they subsequently qualify in 11 year SSLC and one year PUC or 10+2 pattern of School Education Examination.
- Candidates, who have taken more than one main subject of UG degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that Major only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in two / three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks.
- Candidates, who have passed any degree under Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration, are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates, who have passed under four year Dual Degree Programme with two major subjects.
- Candidates, who have qualified the P.G. Degree in the subjects with not less than 50% of marks, are eligible for admission, subject to the condition that the major subject in the UG and PG Degrees shall be one and the same.
- Candidates, who have qualified the P.G. Degree ( 5 year integrated course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years ( in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone ) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree programme for subjects. The marks obtained by the candidates in the last two years ( 4th & 5th year ) alone shall be taken into account for admission to B.Ed. degree programme for subjects.
- Equivalent Subjects
- Candidates, who have done their UG degree in Applied Mathematics, can apply for Mathematics.
- Candidates, who have done their UG degree in Applied Physics, Geo-Physics, Bio-Physics and Electronics can apply for Science.
- Candidates, who have done their UG degree in Applied Chemistry, can apply for Science.
- Candidates, who have done their UG degree in Bio-Technology, Plant-Biology and Plant Bio-Technology can apply for Science.
- Candidates, who have their UG degree in Environmental Science and Micro-Biology can apply for Science.
- Candidates, who have done their UG degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and Computer Application can apply for Computer Science.
- Post Graduate candidates in Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture with not less than 50% ( irrespective of their UG marks ) of marks in PG Degree or in the interdisciplinary subjects, which are being declared equivalent by the respective University can apply.
- Candidates, who have done their UG degree in the school subjects are eligible for admission to B.Ed. However, those who have done the UG in the subjects for which equivalence is not covered under this G.O., shall have to obtain an equivalence certificate for the respective subjects from the concerned University to consider their admission to B.Ed. degree programme.
- Candidates, who have done their UG level without language Tamil or other Indian Languages and are awarded degree with English and Main subjects concerned will be considered for admission to B.Ed. subject to the condition that they have to qualify in Tamil Language Test conducted by the TNPSC for the purpose of employment.
- A candidate with at least fifty five percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics are eligible for admission to the two year B.Ed., degree programme. All the B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech., graduates irrespective of their Branch in Engineering are eligible to study either Mathematics or Science as Pedagogy of a School Subject. Apart from the B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech., graduates in Computer Science related branches and Bio-Technology related branches are also eligible to study Computer Science and Biological Science as Pedagogy of a School Subject respectively.
- Candidates, with the following marks in the UG Degree are eligible for admission to B.Ed. degree programme with the subjects. The marks obtained in UG Degree alone shall be taken to arrive the rank even if they possess PG Degree in the same subject. For the subjects, PG Degree with not less than 50% marks is mandatory and the subject in UG and PG shall be one and the same.
|Community / Category||Minimum Marks|
|BC / BCM||45%|
|MBC / DNC||43%|
|SC / SCA / ST||40%|
- Marks obtained by the candidates in the UG Degree Course Major and Allied including Practical [ Tamil / Urdu, English, Mathematics, Physical Science [ Physics ], Physical Science ( Chemistry ), Biological Science ( Botany ), Biological Science ( Zoology ), History, Geography and Computer Science / alone shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks mentioned above. Marks obtained subjects shall not be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks. If the candidates possess PG degree in these subjects.
- Marks obtained by the candidates in the PG Degree [Home Science, Economics, Commerce, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Logic, Indian Culture and Philosophy] shall be considered eligible for admission.
- To arrive at above percentage of marks, the marks obtained by the candidates in Major / Ancillary / Allied subjects including practical alone shall be taken into account.
- For the students who have done their Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Technology, the marks obtained in their Degree shall be taken into account.
- Rounding of marks to the next higher integer shall not be permitted.
- The candidates who are qualified in UG degree under Open University System after passing 10th Std. and +2 examinations shall alone be considered for admission to B.Ed. degree programme.
- The candidates who are qualified in UG degree under Open University System without passing 10th Std. and +2 examinations and subsequently passing 10th and +2 examinations are not eligible for admission to B.Ed. degree programme.
- Candidates, who have passed PG degree in Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education are not eligible for admission.
- In the case of differently-abled ( Physically and Visually challenged ) candidates, a minimum pass in the requisite qualification is enough.
TNOU B.Ed. Admission Seats 2019
- The total strength of seats for B.Ed., admission is 1,000. These candidates will be admitted to Tamil medium ( 500 students ) and English medium ( 500 students ) based on the rank list separately prepared for each medium. 100 seats will be allotted to each Learner Support Centre.
Reservation of Seats
- Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to BC, MBC / DNC, SC and ST communities will be made as per the rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu, as follows :
- In the 18% for Scheduled Castes ( SC ), 3% of seats will be offered to Arunthathiyars ( within the seats of SC ).
- Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) – 1%.
- Most Backward Classes ( MBC ) and De-notified Communities ( DNC ) – 20%.
- In the 30% of Backward Classes ( BC ), 3.5% of seats will be offered to Muslims ( within the seats of BC ) and.
- Open Competition ( OC ) – 31%.
- Admission to every Learner Support Centre shall be made strictly by following the rule of reservation as per law in force.
- For the Wards of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin, one seat will be reserved in each Learner Support Centre.
- 3% of the sanctioned strength will be reserved for Differently-abled ( Physically and Visually challenged ) students in each College of Education ( Learner Support Centre ).
TNOU B.Ed. Admission Application Form 2019
- Tamil Nadu Open University admission application form will be available at website : www.tnou.ac.in.
- Application registration fee [rupee] 500/-. The cost of application must be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn from any Nationalised Bank / Scheduled Bank in favour of “Tamil Nadu Open University’, payable at Chennai. / Payment in the form of Challan ( enclosed ).
- The following documents are to be submitted at the time of admission :
- 10th Mark Statements
- 12th Mark Statements and D.T.Ed Certificate ( original and attested copy )
- Qualifying Examination Mark Statement and Provisional / Degree Certificate – UG / PG Degree ( Original and attested copy )
- Community Certificate in case of BC-O / BC-M / SC-O / SC-A / ST / MBC & DNC ( original and attested copy )
- Certificate for Physically Handicapped / Ex-Serviceman issued by the Competent Authority ( original and attested copy )
- M.Phil. Degree Certificate
- Ph.D. Degree Certificate
- Certificate if claimed for:
- NSS Certificate
- NCC Certificate
- Sports Certificate
- Recent passport size photographs ( 2 Copies )
- Copy of the Aadhar Card ( Compulsory )
TNOU B.Ed. Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Admission is purely based on merit.
- The Selection of candidates will be on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG / PG Degree examination.
- In case of determination of inter-se-merit of candidates with the same marks in the ranking, final ranking of candidates will be declared from the following, in the order of merit.
- Marks scored by the candidate in the Major subject.
- Marks scored in Allied – I subject
- Marks scored in Allied – II subject
- By random method
TNOU B.Ed. Admission Exam Centres 2019
|RC – 022001||Chennai|
|RC – 032001||Coimbatore|
|RC – 052001||Dharmapuri
|RC - 122001||Madurai
|RC – 292001||Trichy|
|RC - 152001||Nilgiris|
|RC - 312001||Villupuram|
|RC – 282001||Tirunelveli
TNOU B.Ed. Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Start Date for B.Ed. ( General ) Admission Application||11th September, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Admission into B.Ed.( General )||30th November, 2018|
|3||Classes Commencing on||January, 2019|
Directorate of Technical Education Campus,
Chennai -600 025.
Phone: 044 – 2220 0501, 2235 3522, 2230 0704,
Fax: 2220 0606.
Website : www.tnou.ac.in.