Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Entrance Exam 2015
TISS 2015 Entrance Exam
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences invites application for admission to Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D Program for the academic year 2015.
TISS 2015 Exam Date
|TISS 2015 Research Aptitude Test Date : 13th February, 2015|
TISS 2015 Eligibility
1. Eligibility for the Integrated M.Phil and Ph.D. Programs
Applicants will be shortlisted for the Research Aptitude Test ( RAT ) on basis of them meeting the following considerations with regard to educational qualifications, work experience and research proposal :
- TISS MPhil PhD Educational Qualifications : The minimum academic qualification for admission to the integrated M.Phil. & Direct Ph.D programs is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven – point scale of the University Grants Commission ( UGC ). In the case of Scheduled Caste ( SC ) and Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 50 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.05.
- Candidates who are likely to complete all the requirements of their final year Master’s Degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M.Phil, provided they have successfully completed their first year Masters degree. In such cases, admission will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student successfully completes the admission formalities such as clearing the Research Aptitude Test, but fails to score the minimum required mark / grade at the end of the final year examination of his / her Master’s degree, the offer of provisional admission will be automatically cancelled.
- Work Experience : A minimum of five years of post graduation work experience is required for Direct PhD programs. In case of the Integrated M.Phil – PhD Program, there is no requirement of work experience. However, candidates with one to two years of work experience, will be preferred.
- Research Proposal : Candidates must prepare their research proposal based on the research interests mentioned in the Information brochure.
|Sr. No.||School||Program ( Mumbai Campus )|
|Integrated M.Phil - Ph.D.||Direct Ph.D.|
|1. ||Habitat Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline/allied fields||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience.|
|2. ||Public Health||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience|
|3.||Health Systems Management||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience|
|4. ||Management and Labour Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience|
|5. ||Social Work||General eligibility + PG in Social Work||General eligibility + PG in Social Work + 5 years work Post PG work experience|
|6. ||Disaster Management||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields. Candidates with previous educational qualification, work experience and research in the area of disasters would be given preference.||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience. Candidates with previous educational qualification, work experience and research in the area of disasters would be given preference.|
|7.||Education||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|8.||Women's Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|9. ||Development Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|10. ||Social Sciences||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|11. ||Media and Cultural Studies||NA|
|12.||Inclusive Development and Social Justice||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||NA|
* Stated numbers can change and are subject to Research Council & Academic Council approval
|Sr. No.||Research Areas||Hyderabad Campus - No. of seats*|
|Integrated M.Phil - Ph. D||Direct Ph.D.|
|1. ||Education||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||NA|
|2. ||Women's Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||NA|
|3. ||Social Sciences||NA|
|Sr.No.||Research Areas||Guwahati Campus - No. of seats|
|Integrated M. Phil - Ph. D||Direct Ph.D.|
|1. ||Social Sciences||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|Sr.No.||Research Areas||Tuljapur Campus - No. of seats*|
|Integrated M.Phil - Ph. D||Direct Ph.D.|
|1. ||Rural Development||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
TISS 2015 Selection Procedure
- The list of all eligible candidates among st the candidates who apply for Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D. program and direct Ph.D. Program will be displayed on the Institute website on 4th April, 2015. The eligible candidates will be invited for the Written Test ( Research Aptitude Test – RAT ) to be held at all the TISS Campuses on on 10th April, 2015. Candidates can opt to take the RAT at any of the campuses.
- The model paper and rules for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) along with the guidelines for shortlisting will be put up on the TISS website by early March, 2015.
- Candidates who have cleared JRF, GATE and other relevant exams are also expected to attend the Written Test and Personal Interview*.
- The list of shortlisted candidates from the eligible list of candidates for all the programs will be displayed on the TISS website by 15th April, 2015. These candidates will be required to appear for the PI’s between 21 and 30th April, 2015 as per the email communication sent to them.
- Apart from the fulfillment of academic criteria the short listing of applicants for the Personal Interviews for Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D. program and direct Ph.D. program will be linked to the statement of purpose / research proposal and the domain expertise available at the Schools / Centre.
- Candidates with visual impairment will have to indicate the impairment in the application form. They will be provided with a writer for the written test.
- The final selection process will be completed by mid May and the final list of candidates and relevant information will be uploaded on the TISS website.
- All candidates who appear in the final selection list are required to bring a hard copy of their duly filled in application form duly filled along with original caste, income and degree certificates as applicable for verification.
- Selected candidates are expected to pay fees by end of May, 2015.
- All the programs will begin by mid June 2015 or on a date as indicated in the offer letter at the time of admission.
TISS 2015 Application Process
Candidates must complete the application process in online mode. The online application can be saved at any stage ( information entered will remain intact ). The candidate can then return to the application by logging in with the respective user name and password at any time before the submission deadline of 15th January, 2015. Once the application has been submitted online, candidates can choose the mode of payment of the application fees.
TISS 2015 Application Fee
|Online Payment by Credit Card / Debit Card||Online Payment by Netbanking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan|
|Fee for 1 Program|| 1,530/-||1,530/-||1,500/- + Bank Charges|
|Fee for 2 Program|| 3,060/-||3,060/-||3,000/- + Bank Charges|
TISS 2015 Application Instructions
- A candidate may apply for a maximum of two programs from among the different programs offered at TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses.
- Candidates can apply for two programs within one or across more than one campus. The Research Aptitude Test ( RAT ) can be taken at any one of the chosen campuses on 13th February, 2015. The RAT score is valid across campuses and across two choices.
- Candidates who apply for more than one campus, if shortlisted, have to travel for Personal interview to both the campuses on designated dates given in this brochure.
- The same application form can be used for applying to more than one program.
- Processing fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded if they are found in eligible for the applied programs.
- Candidates must ensure that application is complete in all respects, including fee payment. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- Applications received after the due date will not be considered and the processing fee paid will not be refunded.
The last date for submission of TISS application form is 15th January, 2015
TISS 2015 Important Dates
|Last date of submission of Application Form||15th January, 2015 by 6.00 P.M.|
|Announcement of shortlisted Candidates for RAT||27th January, 2015|
|TISS MPhil PhD Research Aptitude Test ( RAT )||13th February, 2015|
|Announcement of candidates invited for Personal|
|Interview ( PI ) ||20th February, 2015|
|Mumbai Campus||13th - 17th March, 2015|
|Tuljapur Campus||to be announced soon|
|Guwahati Campus||to be announced soon|
|Hyderabad Campus||to be announced soon|
TISSNET Entrance Exam 2015
School of Media and Cultural Studies ,
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai – 400 088,
Tele Phone No. : 91 – 22 – 5525667,
Fax : 91 – 22 – 2556 2912,
Website : www.tiss.edu.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences, School of Media and Cultural Studies invites application for admission to M.A. in International Family Studies for the academic year 2015 – 2017.
TISSNET 2015 Exam Date
|TISS 2015 Exam Date : 10th January, 2015 ( Sunday ); 2.00 pm to 3.40 pm.|
TISSNET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- ‘Pass Class’ in the Master’s Degree pursued by the applicant will be taken for determining his / her eligibility.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their Bachelor’s Degree programme, but have not passed in all the courses ( main/major/subsidiary, etc.) of the first and second years ( if the Degree is of 3 years duration) and first, second and third years (if the Degree is of 4 years duration) on the day of applying for the programme are not eligible to apply for any of the Master’s Degree programmes offered by the Institute.
- Candidates who have been declared as failed in the final year examination are not eligible to apply for any of the Master’s Degree Programmes of the Institute, unless they pass their Bachelor’s Degree examination on the day of applying for any of the programmes.
- If a provisionally admitted student fails in the final year of his/her Bachelor’s Degree Examination and even if he/she has re-evaluation at the university/college, he/she will not be allowed to continue the programme as the offer of provisional admission stands automatically cancelled on his/her failure in the final year examination.
- Eligibility, once determined on the basis of the information given by the candidate in the Application Form, shall be final for the purpose of test / interview / selection. However, in case it is found that the information furnished by a candidate is incorrect or misleading or ineligibility being detected before or after the test / interview / selection / admission, his / her candidature will be cancelled.
TISSNET 2015 Application Process
- Candidates will have to apply to the program through TISS Online Application Form only. After submission of completed application forms, candidates will undergo Computer Based Entrance Test and Personal Interview at TISS Mumbai Campus.
- Candidates are required to apply online through the E-application only, available on the Tata Institute of Social Sciences website https: //admission.tiss.edu.
TISSNET 2015 Application Fees
|TISS 2015 Mode of Payment|
|TISS Online Payment by Credit Card / Debit Card||TISS Online Payment by Net Banking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan|
|General - 1,030/-||General - 1,030/-||General - 1,000/-+ Bank Charges|
|Eligible SC / ST / OBC ( NC ) - 260||Eligible SC / ST / OBC ( NC ) - 260||Eligible SC / ST / OBC ( NC ) - 250 + Bank Charges|
Important Notes :
- In case of payment by cash deposit in an SBI branch, please note that the SBI will charge 50/- as their processing fee for each deposit, which cannot be adjusted against the application fee.
- Payments made via demand draft, pay order or any made other than the above modes is not acceptable and the application will be rejected. No communication to this effect will be sent to such candidates.
- Candidates applying online will be asked to choose between two modes of payment ‘Cash’ or ‘Payment Gateway’ in the online application form. If the preferred mode of payment is ‘Cash’, a payment challan has to be downloaded from the ‘Download Challan’ tab. The payment challan will have 3 copies. Deposit the cash amount mentioned on the challan in any branch of State Bank Of India. The bank will return two copies of the challan (Student Copy and TISS Copy) with the banks seal, signature and journal number on it. Candidates have to scan the ‘TISS Copy’ of the challan, login back to the online application system and upload it.
TISSNET 2015 Exam Pattern
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Entrance Test will comprise of following components :
|National Common Written Test*||100 marks|
|Pre - Interview Test / GD||50 marks|
|Personal Interview||75 marks|
TISSNET 2015 Important Dates
|Last Date for Online form submission for MA programme||29th November, 2014|
|Last Date for receipt of application form by post||1st December, 2014|
|National Entrance Test – ( Computer Based ) at Different Centres||10th January, 2015|
|Candidates who appeared for the national entrance test will be sent their score cards on email||3rd February, 2015|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS Mumbai for programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur Campuses, MHAT, BANYAN and G-SET Ranchi||09th - 21st March, 2015|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Hyderabad for all Hyderabad Campus Programmes|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Guwahati for all Guwahati Campus Programmes||23rd - 27th March, 2015|
|Announcement of Selection on TISS website for all the Programmes||23rd April, 2015|
|The scanned copy of Acceptance Letter along with payment of fees challan and all attested copies of marks sheet from std 10th to till last exam passed should send by email on TISS admission ID.||23rd April, 2015 - 09th May, 2015|
|Announcement of First Wait List on TISS website for all Programmes||14th May, 2015|
|The scanned copy of Acceptance Letter along with payment of fees challan and all attested copies of marks sheet from std 10th to till last exam passed should send by email on TISS admission ID||15th - 30th May, 2015|
|Commencement of the Academic Session ||May 14, 2015|
|Verification of Original Documents and Medical check-up at their respective campuses||15th - 30th June, 2015|
|Admission Closing Date||30th June, 2015|
TISS Entrance Examination 2015 – TISS Entrance Exam Date 2015 – TISS Exam Eligibility 2015 – TISS Application Form 2015 – TISS Seats 2015.
Exams Date Related : TISS 2015 Entrance Exam, TISS 2015 Exam Date, TISS 2015 PhD Entrance Exam Date, Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Entrance Exam 2015, TISS 2015 Exam Notification, TISS 2015 MA Entrance Exam, TISS 2015 Eligibility, TISS 2015 Eligibility Details, TISS 2015 Entrance Exam Schedule, How to apply for TISS 2015, TISS 2015 Online Application Form, TISS 2015 Application Form Last Date, TISS 2015 Application Form Available, TISS 2015 Seats, TISS 2015 Reservation of Seats, TISS 2015 Important Dates, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Exam Date, TISS 2015 Exam Details, Exam Date for TISS 2015, TISS 2015 Admission Test, TISS 2015 Seat Allotment, TISS 2015 Seat Availability, TISS 2015 Application Form Status, TISS 2015 Information Brochure, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Entrance Exam, TISS 2015 Question Paper,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for tata institute of social sciences – tiss entrance exam 2015 by vennila