Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Entrance Exam 2014
TISS 2014 Entrance Exam
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences invites application for admission to Integrated M. Phil – Ph.D Program for the academic year 2014.
TISS 2014 Exam Date
|TISS 2014 Research Aptitude Test Date : 10th April, 2014|
TISS 2014 Eligibility
1. Eligibility for the Integrated M.Phil and Ph.D. Programs
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to the M.Phil program is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven – point grade system of the University Grants Commission ( UGC ), India. In the case of Scheduled Caste ( SC ) and Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 50 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.05.
- Candidates who will complete all the requirements of their final year Master’s Degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M.Phil program, provided they have successfully completed their first year. In such cases, admission will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student fails to score the minimum required mark / grade at the end of the final year examination, the offer of provisional admission will automatically stands cancelled.
- An applicant with a Master’s degree in subjects other than those related to the research areas may be considered for admission to the program, if he / she has demonstrated his / her interest in and aptitude for studying social issues.
- Individuals applying for M.Phil / Ph.D. in Social Work must have a Postgraduate degree in Social Work.
2. TISS Eligibility for the Direct Ph.D. Programs :
- Those who have an M.Phil or equivalent degree awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad;
- Teachers working in colleges, universities, or institutes recognised by the UGC or appropriate agencies and selected for fellowship under the Faculty Improvement Program or other similar programs;
- Teachers working in colleges, universities, or institutes recognised by the UGC or appropriate agencies and who have 5 years of full-time teaching experience;
- Practitioners in health – care administration, human resource management, developmental work or social work with a considerable work experience in the proposed field of research; after fulfilling academic eligibility;
- Scholars’ who have proven academic credentials as evidenced by their publications.
3. TISS Eligibility for Direct PhD Program in Library and Information Science :
- Candidates applying for PhD program in Library and Information Science must have a minimum score of 55% in their post graduate program in Library and Information Science ( MLISc / M.Lib Sc / MS in LISc and MA / MSc in LISc )
- All PhD Scholars are required to undergo PhD Modular workshops on Research 39 Methodology being conducted by the Institute.
- Candidate is required to fulfill all other requirements as communicated by the institute for direct PhD Scholars.
- Subject to Research Council, Academic Council approval.
- Course work for additional program(s) may be made available for Academic year 2014 based on Research Council, Academic council approval.
TISS 2014 Seat Reservation
The Social Protection Office ( SPO ) was established at the Institute as per Government of India and UGC directives with the honorary position of the Dean and Associate Dean occupied by a senior faculty members. The SPO facilitates the overall welfare of the students, staff and faculty belonging to SC, ST, OBC ( Non – creamy Layer ), minority and PWD communities. There are campus specific Social Protection offices, which organise “Post – Admission Orientation Program” for new admitted research scholars at the beginning of the academic year 2014-15 and provide support services to students from the reserved categories.
TISS 2014 Online Application Form
- In order to start filling the online application, the candidate has to register using his email ID at http://mphilphd-admissions.tiss.edu
- During registration the candidate can set a password. The candidate can then use his registered email Id and password to login into the system.
- TISS online form has been divided into six sections described below :
- The candidate needs to fill the following details / answer the following questions on First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Sex, Date of Birth, Social Category.
- Are you currently employed? Do you have work experience after post-graduation?
- Indicate Sources from which you expect to receive financial support during the period of study, Amount expected per month, Period for which you are guaranteed this support.
- Address, Domicile.
- Self mobile number, Parent’s / Guardian’s phone no and email id.
- Parent’s / Guardian’s annual income for the financial year 2012 – 2013.
- If you are employed, your annual income.
- Candidates can save these details as many times as they wish. But once the details are confirmed, no modifications will be allowed. Once the details are confirmed, the candidate can move on to the ’academic details’ page.
TISS 2014 Important Dates
|Last date of submission of Application Form||30th March, 2014|
|Announcement of shortlisted Candidates for RAT||4th April, 2014|
|Research Aptitude Test ( RAT )||10th April, 2014|
|Announcement of candidates invited for Personal|
|Interview ( PI ) ||15th April, 2014|
|Personal Interview||21st 30th April, 2014|
|Mumbai Campus||21st 24th April, 2014|
|Guwahati Campus||24th 25th April, 2014|
|Hyderabad Campus||28th 30th April, 2014|
TISS Entrance Exam 2012
School of Media and Cultural Studies ,
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai – 400 088,
Tele Phone No. : 91 – 22 – 5525667,
Fax : 91 – 22 – 2556 2912,
Website : www.tiss.edu.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences, School of Media and Cultural Studies invites application for admission to M.A. in International Family Studies for the academic year 2013 – 2014.
TISS 2013 Exam Date
|TISS 2013 Exam Date : 24th & 25th August, 2013 ( Saturday & Sunday )|
TISS 2013 Eligibility Criteria
- A Master’s Degree of minimum 2 years duration or its equivalent from a recognised university, in Social Science or Social Work. ‘Pass Class’ in the Master’s Degree pursued by the applicant will be taken for determining his / her eligibility.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of internet.
- English language ability to undertake a Master’s level program.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn in a cross-cultural situation.
- Important Note : Eligibility, once determined on the basis of the information given by the candidate in the Application Form, shall be final for the purpose of test / interview / selection. However, in case it is found that the information furnished by a candidate is incorrect or misleading or ineligibility being detected before or after the test / interview / selection / admission, his / her candidature will be cancelled.
TISS 2013 Application Process
Candidates will have to apply to the program through TISS Online Application System. After submission of completed application forms, candidates will undergo Computer Based Entrance Test and Personal Interview at TISS Mumbai Campus.
How to Obtain the TISS Application Form 2013
Candidates are required to apply online through the E-application only, available on the Tata Institute of Social Sciences website https: //admission.tiss.edu.
TISS 2013 Application Fees
|TISS 2013 Mode of Payment|
|TISS Online Payment by Credit Card / Debit Card||TISS Online Payment by Net Banking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed 900/- challan|
|1,020/-||1,020/-||1,000/-+ Bank Charges|
Important Notes :
- In case of payment by cash deposit in an SBI branch, please note that the SBI will charge 50/- as their processing fee for each deposit, which cannot be adjusted against the application fee.
- Payments made via demand draft, pay order or any made other than the above modes is not acceptable and the application will be rejected. No communication to this effect will be sent to such candidates.
- Unemployed SC and ST candidates, whose parent’s / guardian’s income is less than 2 Lakh are exempted from paying the Application Fee. Candidates belonging to OBC ( NC ), whose parent’s / guardian’s annual income is less than 1 lakh ( Rupees one lakh only ) are also exempted from paying the Application Fee. They should apply through the E-application along with copies of Caste and Income Certificates attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer. Requests received without the above certificates will be rejected and no communication will be sent in this regard.
TISS 2013 Computer Based Entrance Test for M.A. in International Family Studies
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Entrance Test will comprise of following components :
|Component||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|Objective Type Questions ||30||30||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Essay Type Question||1||20|
TISS 2013 Important Dates
|Date of Advertising the Program||3rd June, 2013|
|Final Date of Application of Candidates||5th August, 2013|
|Declaration of Shortlisted Candidates||9th August, 2013|
|Entrance Test and Interview at |
|24th & 25th August, 2013|
|Declaration of Result of TISS Entrance Test||31st August, 2013|
|Final Date for Payment of TISS Fees||9th September, 2013|
|TISS Course Commencement||16th September, 2013|
TISS Entrance Examination 2014 – TISS Entrance Exam Date 2014 – TISS Exam Eligibility 2014 – TISS Application Form 2014 – TISS Seats 2014.
Exams Date Related : TISS 2014 Entrance Exam, TISS 2014 Exam Date, TISS 2014 PhD Entrance Exam Date, Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Entrance Exam 2014, TISS 2014 Exam Notification, TISS 2014 MA Entrance Exam, TISS 2014 Eligibility, TISS 2014 Eligibility Details, TISS 2014 Entrance Exam Schedule, How to apply for TISS 2014, TISS 2014 Online Application Form, TISS 2014 Application Form Last Date, TISS 2014 Application Form Available, TISS 2014 Seats, TISS 2014 Reservation of Seats, TISS 2014 Important Dates, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Exam Date, TISS 2014 Exam Details, Exam Date for TISS 2014, TISS 2014 Admission Test, TISS 2014 Seat Allotment, TISS 2014 Seat Availability, TISS 2014 Application Form Status, TISS 2014 Information Brochure, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Entrance Exam, TISS 2014 Question Paper,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for tata institute of social sciences – tiss entrance exam 2014 by amala