Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Entrance Exam 2016
TISS 2016 Entrance Exam
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences invites application for admission to Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D Program for the academic year 2016.
TISS 2016 Exam Date
|TISS 2016 Research Aptitude Test Date : 12th February, 2016 ( Friday )|
TISS 2016 Eligibility
1. Eligibility for the Integrated M.Phil and Ph.D. Programs
Applicants will be shortlisted for the Research Aptitude Test ( RAT ) on basis of them meeting the following considerations with regard to educational qualifications, work experience and research proposal :
- TISS MPhil PhD Educational Qualifications : The minimum academic qualification for admission to the integrated M.Phil. & Direct Ph.D programs is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven – point scale of the University Grants Commission ( UGC ). In the case of Scheduled Caste ( SC ) and Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 50 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.05.
- Candidates who are likely to complete all the requirements of their final year Master’s Degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M.Phil, provided they have successfully completed their first year Masters degree. In such cases, admission will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student successfully completes the admission formalities such as clearing the Research Aptitude Test, but fails to score the minimum required mark / grade at the end of the final year examination of his / her Master’s degree, the offer of provisional admission will be automatically cancelled.
- Work Experience : A minimum of five years of post graduation work experience is required for Direct PhD programs. In case of the Integrated M.Phil – PhD Program, there is no requirement of work experience. However, candidates with one to two years of work experience, will be preferred.
- Research Proposal : Candidates must prepare their research proposal based on the research interests mentioned in the Information brochure.
- Candidates who have an M.Phil or equivalent degree awarded by a recognized university in India or abroad are also eligible for a Direct PhD.
|Sr. No.||School||Program ( Mumbai Campus )|
|Integrated M.Phil - Ph.D.||Direct Ph.D.|
|1. ||Habitat Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline/allied fields||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience.|
|2. ||Public Health||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience|
|3.||Health Systems Management||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience|
|4. ||Management and Labour Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience|
|5. ||Social Work||General eligibility + PG in Social Work||General eligibility + PG in Social Work + 5 years work Post PG work experience|
|6. ||Disaster Management||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields. Candidates with previous educational qualification, work experience and research in the area of disasters would be given preference.||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields + 5 years Post PG work experience. Candidates with previous educational qualification, work experience and research in the area of disasters would be given preference.|
|7.||Education||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|8.||Women's Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|9. ||Development Studies||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|10. ||Social Sciences||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|11. ||Media and Cultural Studies||NA|
|12.||Inclusive Development and Social Justice||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields||NA|
* Stated numbers can change and are subject to Research Council & Academic Council approval
|Sr.No.||Research Areas||Guwahati Campus - No. of seats|
|Integrated M. Phil - Ph. D||Direct Ph.D.|
|1. ||Social Sciences||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
|Sr.No.||Research Areas||Tuljapur Campus - No. of seats*|
|Integrated M.Phil - Ph. D||Direct Ph.D.|
|1. ||Rural Development||General eligibility + PG in any Social Science discipline / allied fields|
TISS 2016 Selection Procedure
- The list of all eligible candidates among st the candidates who apply for Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D. program and direct Ph.D. Program will be displayed on the Institute website on 4th April, 2016. The eligible candidates will be invited for the Written Test ( Research Aptitude Test – RAT ) to be held at all the TISS Campuses on on 12th February, 2016. Candidates can opt to take the RAT at any of the campuses.
- The model paper and rules for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) along with the guidelines for shortlisting will be put up on the TISS website by early January, 2016.
- Candidates who have cleared JRF, GATE and other relevant exams are also expected to attend the Written Test and Personal Interview*.
- The list of shortlisted candidates from the eligible list of candidates for all the programs will be displayed on the TISS website by 26th February, 2016. These candidates will be required to appear for the PI’s as per the email communication sent to them.
- Apart from the fulfillment of academic criteria the short listing of applicants for the Personal Interviews for Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D. program and direct Ph.D. program will be linked to the statement of purpose / research proposal and the domain expertise available at the Schools / Centre.
- Candidates with visual impairment will have to indicate the impairment in the application form. They will be provided with a writer for the written test.
- The final selection process will be completed by mid May and the final list of candidates and relevant information will be uploaded on the TISS website.
- All candidates who appear in the final selection list are required to bring a hard copy of their duly filled in application form duly filled along with original caste, income and degree certificates as applicable for verification.
- Selected candidates are expected to pay fees by end of May, 2016.
- All the programs will begin by mid June 2016 or on a date as indicated in the offer letter at the time of admission.
TISS 2016 Application Process
Candidates must complete the application process in online mode. The online application can be saved at any stage ( information entered will remain intact ). The candidate can then return to the application by logging in with the respective user name and password at any time before the submission deadline of 15th January, 2015. Once the application has been submitted online, candidates can choose the mode of payment of the application fees (Credit card, Debit card or net banking).
TISS 2016 Application Fee Payment
|No. of programmes||Online Payment by Credit Card / Debit Card||Online Payment by Netbanking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan|
|General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC)||General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC)||General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC|
|Applying for 1 Programme||1,530|| 410||1535||410||1,500/- + Bank Charges||375 + Bank Charges|
|Applying for 2 Programmes||3,060|| 820|| 3070||820||3,000/- + Bank Charges||750 + Bank Charges|
TISS 2016 Application Instructions
- A candidate may apply for a maximum of two programs from among the different programs offered at TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses.
- Candidates can apply for two programs within one or across more than one campus. The Research Aptitude Test ( RAT ) can be taken at any one of the chosen campuses on 13th February, 2016. The RAT score is valid across campuses and across two choices.
- Candidates who apply for more than one campus, if shortlisted, have to travel for Personal interview to both the campuses on designated dates given in this brochure.
- The same application form can be used for applying to more than one program.
- Processing fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded if they are found in eligible for the applied programs.
- Candidates must ensure that application is complete in all respects, including fee payment. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- Applications received after the due date will not be considered and the processing fee paid will not be refunded.
- The last date for submission of TISS application form is 15th January, 2016
TISS 2016 Important Dates
|Last date of submission of Application Form||15th January, 2016 by 6.00 P.M.|
|Announcement of shortlisted Candidates for RAT||27th January, 2015 by 7 p.m.|
|TISS MPhil PhD Research Aptitude Test ( RAT )||12th February, 2016|
|Announcement of candidates invited for Personal Interview (PI)||26th February, 2016|
|Personal Interview : Guwahati Campus|
Personal Interview: Mumbai Campus
Personal Interview: Tuljapur Campus
|Between 21st -31st March, 2016|
|Announcement of selected candidates (all campuses)||15th April, 2016|
TISS Entrance Examination 2016 – TISS Entrance Exam Date 2016 – TISS Exam Eligibility 2016 – TISS Application Form 2016 – TISS Seats 2016.
Exams Date Related : TISS 2016 Entrance Exam, TISS 2016 Exam Date, TISS 2016 PhD Entrance Exam Date, Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Entrance Exam 2016, TISS 2016 Exam Notification, TISS 2016 PhD Entrance Exam, TISS 2016 Eligibility, TISS 2016 Eligibility Details, TISS 2016 Entrance Exam Schedule, How to apply for TISS 2016, TISS 2016 Online Application Form, TISS 2016 Application Form Last Date, TISS 2016 Application Form Available, TISS 2016 Seats, TISS 2016 Reservation of Seats, TISS 2016 Important Dates, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Exam Date, TISS 2016 Exam Details, Exam Date for TISS 2016, TISS 2016 Admission Test, TISS 2016 Seat Allotment, TISS 2016 Seat Availability, TISS 2016 Application Form Status, TISS 2016 Information Brochure, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Entrance Exam, TISS 2016 Question Paper,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for tata institute of social sciences – tiss entrance exam 2016 by vennila