Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Entrance Exam 2013
TISS Entrance Exam 2012
School of Media and Cultural Studies ,
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai – 400 088,
Tele Phone No. : 91 – 22 – 5525667,
Fax : 91 – 22 – 2556 2912,
Website : www.tiss.edu.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences, School of Media and Cultural Studies invites application for admission to M.A. in International Family Studies for the academic year 2013 – 2014.
TISS 2013 Exam Date
|TISS 2013 Exam Date : 24th & 25th August, 2013 ( Saturday & Sunday )|
TISS 2013 Eligibility Criteria
- A Master’s Degree of minimum 2 years duration or its equivalent from a recognised university, in Social Science or Social Work. ‘Pass Class’ in the Master’s Degree pursued by the applicant will be taken for determining his / her eligibility.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of internet.
- English language ability to undertake a Master’s level program.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn in a cross-cultural situation.
- Important Note : Eligibility, once determined on the basis of the information given by the candidate in the Application Form, shall be final for the purpose of test / interview / selection. However, in case it is found that the information furnished by a candidate is incorrect or misleading or ineligibility being detected before or after the test / interview / selection / admission, his / her candidature will be cancelled.
TISS 2013 Application Process
Candidates will have to apply to the program through TISS Online Application System. After submission of completed application forms, candidates will undergo Computer Based Entrance Test and Personal Interview at TISS Mumbai Campus.
How to Obtain the TISS Application Form 2013
Candidates are required to apply online through the E-application only, available on the Tata Institute of Social Sciences website https: //admission.tiss.edu.
TISS 2013 Application Fees
|TISS 2013 Mode of Payment|
|TISS Online Payment by Credit Card / Debit Card||TISS Online Payment by Net Banking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed 900/- challan|
|1,020/-||1,020/-||1,000/-+ Bank Charges|
Important Notes :
- In case of payment by cash deposit in an SBI branch, please note that the SBI will charge 50/- as their processing fee for each deposit, which cannot be adjusted against the application fee.
- Payments made via demand draft, pay order or any made other than the above modes is not acceptable and the application will be rejected. No communication to this effect will be sent to such candidates.
- Unemployed SC and ST candidates, whose parent’s / guardian’s income is less than 2 Lakh are exempted from paying the Application Fee. Candidates belonging to OBC ( NC ), whose parent’s / guardian’s annual income is less than 1 lakh ( Rupees one lakh only ) are also exempted from paying the Application Fee. They should apply through the E-application along with copies of Caste and Income Certificates attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer. Requests received without the above certificates will be rejected and no communication will be sent in this regard.
TISS 2013 Computer Based Entrance Test for M.A. in International Family Studies
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Entrance Test will comprise of following components :
|Component||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|Objective Type Questions ||30||30||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Essay Type Question||1||20|
TISS 2013 Important Dates
|Date of Advertising the Program||3rd June, 2013|
|Final Date of Application of Candidates||5th August, 2013|
|Declaration of Shortlisted Candidates||9th August, 2013|
|Entrance Test and Interview at |
|24th & 25th August, 2013|
|Declaration of Result of TISS Entrance Test||31st August, 2013|
|Final Date for Payment of TISS Fees||9th September, 2013|
|TISS Course Commencement||16th September, 2013|
TISS 2013 Entrance Exam
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences invites application for admission to Integrated M. Phil – Ph. D Program for the academic year 2013.
TISS 2013 Exam Date
|TISS 2013 Written Test Date : 1st April, 2013 to 4th April, 2013|
TISS 2013 Eligibility
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to the M.Phil programme is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven-point grade system of the University Grants Commission ( UGC ), India. In the case of Scheduled Caste ( SC ) and Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 50 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.05.
- Candidates who will complete all the requirements of their final year Master’s Degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M.Phil programme, provided they have successfully completed their first year. In such cases, admission will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student fails to score the minimum required mark / grade at the end of the final year examination, the offer of provisional admission will automatically stands cancelled.
- An applicant with a Master’s degree in subjects other than those related to the research areas may be considered for admission to the programme, if he / she has demonstrated his / her interest in and aptitude for studying social issues.
- Individuals applying for M.Phil / Ph.D. in Social Work must have a Postgraduate degree in Social Work.
TISS 2013 Seat Reservation
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates : As per GoI requirements, 15 per cent and 7.5 per cent seats are reserved for SC and ST candidates, respectively, in all the programs.
TISS 2013 Application Form
TISS Offline Application :
- Request for Application Form and Information Brochure by POST or in person may be addressed to Section Officer ( DSO ).
- Application Form and Information Brochure can also be downloaded from the link at the TISS Institute Website www.tiss.edu and send by post to TISS, along with a Bank challan of 1000/- ( deposited in any branch of the State Bank of India ).
TISS Online Application :
- Candidates are encouraged to apply through the online application form which will be available on Institute website www.tiss.edu along with application procedure by 15th February, 2013.
TISS 2013 Important Dates
- Last date of submission of TISS Application Form : 16th March, 2013
- Shortlisted candidates list on the TISS website : 26th March, 2013
- Written Test ( Research Aptitude Test ( RAT ) ) and Personal Interview on and between : 1st April, 2013 to 4th April, 2013.
TISS Entrance Examination 2013 – TISS Entrance Exam Date 2013 – TISS Exam Eligibility 2013 – TISS Application Form 2013 – TISS Seats 2013.
Exams Date Related : TISS 2013 Entrance Exam, TISS 2013 Exam Date, TISS 2013 PhD Entrance Exam Date, Tata Institute of Social Sciences – TISS Entrance Exam 2013, TISS 2013 Exam Notification, TISS 2013 MA Entrance Exam, TISS 2013 Eligibility, TISS 2013 Eligibility Details, TISS 2013 Entrance Exam Schedule, How to apply for TISS 2013, TISS 2013 Online Application Form, TISS 2013 Application Form Last Date, TISS 2013 Application Form Available, TISS 2013 Seats, TISS 2013 Reservation of Seats, TISS 2013 Important Dates, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Exam Date, TISS 2013 Exam Details, Exam Date for TISS 2013, TISS 2013 Admission Test, TISS 2013 Seat Allotment, TISS 2013 Seat Availability, TISS 2013 Application Form Status, TISS 2013 Information Brochure, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Entrance Exam, TISS 2013 Question Paper,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for tata institute of social sciences – tiss entrance exam 2013 by amala