The Indian Institute of Technology-Madras
Invites applications for its Five Year Integrated Masters Programme, leading to an MA degree in three disciplines, Development Studies, Economics and English. The programme has 30 seats.
Eligibility for M.A Degree:
- You must have scored an aggregate of 60 percent in Class XII or an equivalent examination.
- If your board awards grades without converting them to equivalent percentage marks, the norms decided by the HSEE Committee will be final.
Selection method of M.A Degree:
* You must take the Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination 2006, an objective type, three-hour paper in English.
* The question paper will test the following:
- Comprehension skills
- Analytical and quantitative ability
- General knowledge covering the areas of Indian economy since Independence, Indian society, contemporary world affairs (post-World War II) and environment
* The examination syllabus is included in the admission brochure.
Important dates for M.A Degree:
- The examination will be held on May 21.
- Obtain the admission form and brochure from the JEE campus by March 20.
- Your application form must reach on or before March 20.
Examination centres for M.A Degree:
- New Delhi
How to apply:
* Obtain the application form and admission brochure by post from the Chairman, HSEE-2006, JEE Office, IIT-Madras, Chennai — 600 036, between February 13 and March 13, enclosing the following:
- A self-addressed envelope measuring 30 cm by 25 cm
- A demand draft for Rs 600 drawn on any nationalised bank in favour of IIT-Madras payable at Chennai.
- Superscribe the envelope with ‘Request for Application for HSEE-2006’.
* You can also obtain the application form in person from the JEE Office.
Chennai — 600036