The Indian Institute of Technology-MadrasExams Date »
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras 2018
The Indian Institute of Technology invites admission application for MTech program and conducts GATE Exam for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
IITM Eligibility 2018
For Gate Qualified Candidates
- Candidates qualified in GATE 2016, GATE 2017 or GATE 2018 and satisfying any one of the following :
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture from educational Institutions approved by AICTE / Government*
- Master’s degree in Chemistry / Life Sciences / Mathematics / Physics related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC / Government*
- Degrees obtained through Distance Education / Correspondence Mode for the qualifying degree specified above. The Departments will follow suitability test / interview procedure for screening in such cases.
- Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree specified above and whose results are likely to be declared by 15th July, 2018.
For IIT Graduates
- Candidates graduating / graduated from IITs with B.Tech. Degree and having CGPA of 8.0 ( on a scale of 10 ) and above for others can apply without GATE Score. These applications will be reviewed by the respective Department ( s ).
For Sponsored Candidates
- Candidates employed and sponsored ( with full pay and allowances for 24 months ) by industry / government organizations / private and public enterprises, engaged in R&D work recognized by DST / engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, possessing at least two years of professional experience as on the last date of receipt of applications at IIT Madras can apply, provided they hold:
- B.E. / B.Tech. degree from AICTE recognized Engineering Colleges / University with first class or 60% aggregate marks in all the four years ( no need for having GATE Score ); or
- AMIE or any other Associate memberships listed above ( no need for having GATE Score )
IITM Seats 2018
Reservation of Seats
Seats are reserved for Indian Nationals under the categories, SC / ST / OBC ( Non – creamy layer ) and PwD ( Persons with Disability ) according to the Government of India rules.
IITM Application Form 2018
The Indian Institute of Technology application form is available in the official website www.mtechadm.iitm.ac.in.
How to Apply
Please note that to apply with a valid GATE Score ( GATE 2016, GATE 2017 or GATE 2018 ) or as IIT B.Tech. Graduate, you have to register in the website mentioned below. If you plan to apply with more than one of the above, register separately using same email and mobile number but with different credentials among
- valid GATE 2016 Score,
- valid GATE 2017 Score
- valid GATE 2018 Score and
- IIT B.Tech. Graduation with valid CGPA.
Application Fee :
- SC / ST / Female Candidates : ₹ 200/-
- All Others Candidates : ₹ 400/-
IITM Selection Procedure 2018
- Admission to candidates ( who are not required to take Suitability Test / Interview ) will be finalized strictly in the order of merit as per the GATE Score ( CGPA & Department Review for IIT Graduates ) and on the basis of choices given by them in the application.
- Candidates requiring Suitability Test / Interview shall report at the office of the Head of the respective Department.
IITM Important Dates 2018
|1||Opening of Website for ONLINE applications||7th March, 2018 ( Wednesday ) ( 11:00 AM )|
|2||Closing of Website for ONLINE applications||15th April, 2018 ( Sunday ) ( 23:59 hrs. )|
|3||Suitability Test / Interview for relevant candidates ( Refer Table 3 )||28th April, 2018 ( Saturday )|
|4||Date of Reporting for Admission||23rd July, 2018 ( Monday )|
|5||Date for Additional Round of offers after the Admission Day ( only if there are any unfilled seats )||24th July, 2018 ( Tuesday ) / 25th July, 2018 ( Wednesday )|
|6||Photo session and Workflow enrolment||26th July, 2018 ( Thursday )|
|7||Orientation Programme||27th July, 2018 ( Friday )|
|8||Commencement of Classes||30th July, 2018 ( Monday )|
The Indian Institute of Technology,
Sardar Patel Road,
Opposite to C, L.R.I, Adyar,
Chennai 600036, Tamilnadu , India.,
Telephone No. : ( 044 ) 2257 8200,
Fax : ( 044 ) 2257 8204,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site : www.mtechadm.iitm.ac.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.