TNAU UG Admission 2018
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University invites applications for UG courses for the academic session 2018.
Agricultural Science Programs
- BSc.( Hons.) Agriculture
- BSc.( Hons.) Horticulture
- BSc.( Hons.) Forestry
- BSc.( Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
- BTech. ( Agricultural Engineering )
- BSc.( Hons.) Sericulture
Agricultural Technology Programs
- BTech. ( Food Technology )
- BTech.( Biotechnology )
- BTech. ( Energy and Environmental Engineering )
- BTech.( Bioinformatics )
- BS. ( Agribusiness Management )
- BTech. ( Agricultural Information Technology )
TNAU UG Admission 2018 Eligibility
Candidates should have passed all the subjects in Academic stream of the Qualifying Examination with 10+2 years of schooling under Board of Higher Secondary Education of Government of Tamil Nadu / Central Board of Secondary Education / Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations / other State Government Boards / other International Boards that are recognized ( Attach proof for recognition ) are eligible for the following degree programs
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Agriculture
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Horticulture
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Forestry
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
- B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering )
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Sericulture
- B.Tech. ( Food Technology )
- B.Tech. ( Biotechnology )
- B.Tech. ( Energy and Environmental Engineering )
- B.Tech. ( Bioinformatics )
- B.S. ( Agri-Business Management )
- B.Tech. ( Agricultural Information Technology )
Higher Secondary Course (HSC) – Vocational Stream
Five per cent of seats of B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Horticulture, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Forestry and B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering ) programmes in TNAU Constituent colleges are exclusively reserved for candidates who have qualified under Vocational Stream and therefore they shall not be considered under general merit and any other reservation categories. Vocational group candidates are eligible only for the degree programs indicated below
- Candidates who passed Higher Secondary Course ( HSC ) under Vocational stream and studied Biology and Agricultural Practices as vocational subject including theory and practical are eligible to apply for the degrees, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Agriculture, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Horticulture, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Forestry and B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering ).
- II. Candidates who passed HSC under vocational stream and studied any one of the subjects, namely, Biology or Mathematics or Physics and vocational subjects including theory and practical of Agricultural Practices are eligible to apply for the degree B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering ).
- Candidates who passed Higher Secondary Course ( HSC ) under Vocational stream are NOT ELIGIBLE for Management Quota under Affiliated Colleges.
Eligible Minimum Qualifying Marks ( Academic Stream / Vocational Stream )
|Open Competition ( OC )||55 % aggregate of all the four required subjects|
|Backward Class ( BC ) and Backward Class Muslim ( BCM )||50 % aggregate of all the four required subjects|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities ( MBC )||45 % aggregate of all the four required subjects|
|Scheduled Caste ( SC / SCA )||A pass in qualifying examination with four required subjects|
|Scheduled Tribe ( ST )||A pass in qualifying examination with four required subjects|
Number of Attempts to Pass
- The maximum number of permissible attempts to pass in the qualifying examination is as follows:
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Castes-Arunthathiars / Scheduled Tribes : Three
- All other Communities : Two
- Candidates should not have completed the age of 21 years on the first day of July of the admission year ( i.e. as on 01st July, 2018 ). However, for Scheduled Castes ( SC ), Scheduled Caste-Arunthathiars ( SCA ) and Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) there is No age limit.
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity only will be considered for admission.
- However, candidates who have studied all 10th, 11th, 12th Standards in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission, on producing proof of having studied 10th, 11th, 12th Standards in Schools located at TamilNadu.
- The candidates who have not studied all 10th, 11th, 12th standards in Tamil Nadu should produce the Certificate of Permanent Residence in Tamil Nadu in the prescribed proforma issued by the competent authorities.
- Candidates possessing community certificate issued by Government of Tamil Nadu need not submit Appendix VII.
- A certificate regarding the physical standards prescribed shall be obtained from the Medical Officer of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore at the time of admission.
- Candidates, who aspire for Indian Forest Service ( IFS ) examination, please check the physical standard requirement with appropriate agency.
TNAU UG Admission 2018 Seats
Reservation of Seats
- The reservations will be followed as per the orders of the Government of Tamil Nadu in vogue at the time of admission.
|Open Competition ( OC )||31%|
|Backward Class ( BC )||26.5%|
|Backward Class Muslim ( BCM )||3.5%|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities ( MBC )||20%|
|Scheduled Caste ( SC )||15%|
|Scheduled Caste – Arunthathiyars ( SCA )||3%|
|Scheduled Tribes ( ST )||1%|
- Tamil Nadu Ordinance No. 4 of 2007 published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette extraordinary No. 262 dt. 15th September, 2007 provides for reservation in respect of annual permitted strength in each branch or faculty for admission into educational institutions in the State including private educational institutions. For the Backward Class Muslims it shall be three and a half percent within the thirty percent reservation for Backward Class as provided in the 1994 Act and in 2006 Act.
- G.O. Ms. No. 50, Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare ( TD-2 ) 29th April, 2009. ( 16% seat offered to Arunthathiyars within the seats reserved for scheduled castes for admission in Educational Institutions ).
- G.O. Ms. No.28 dated 06th April, 2015 (Inclusion of Transgender / Eunuch ( Thirunangai / Aravani ) in the list of Most Backward Classes ).
TNAU UG Admission 2018 Application Form
How to apply
- Application form will be available at the website https://tnauonline.in.
- Last date applying online is 17th June, 2018.
- Click “Undergraduate”.
- Click on “New Registration”.
Note : All information should be entered carefully
- Complete the candidate Registration form to receive Candidate’s user ID and password in CANDIDATE’S registered personal mobile and e-mail.
Note : The registered mobile number and e-mail ID must be accessible by the candidate all the time for receiving all communications related to admission. Use of e-mail ID and mobile number of others ( like friends, relatives, internet browsing centres, etc. ) are highly discouraged. In such cases, there is a risk of missing important communication from TNAU.
- Note down the User ID and Password sent to Candidate’s registered mobile and e-mail.
- Click on “Proceed to Application” button.
- Candidates who have applied for seats under Differently Abled / Exservicemen / Descendants of Freedom Fighter / Eminent Sports Person Quota / Industry Sponsorship / Non Resident Indian ( NRI ) Quota must submit the signed Joint Declaration form with necessary Documents and Annexures in person only to the Dean ( Agriculture ) and Chairman ( Admission ), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore only from 18th – 20th June, 2018 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Note : Originals must be produced for all the self-attested photocopies for verification. Only verified candidates will be considered for counseling
- Complete the online payment using e-payment link Application fee is 600/- ( 300/- for SC / SCA / ST Candidates ).
Note : In case, Candidate have not received the payment reference number from TNAU, Candidates are requested to wait for 24 hours. The reference number will be sent to Candidate’s registered Mobile number and e-mail. If Candidate’s attempt of payment is a failure, repeat from Instruction No.8 above to complete the payment process.
- Login again with Candidate’s user ID and password to download and print Joint Declaration Form and Appendices / Checklist. This completes and Confirms candidate’s application submission. Signed Joint Declaration Form and other documents and originals must be produced at the time of certificate verification only. Candidates are requested to do not send joint declaration form or Screenshots of application or any other documents by post.
TNAU UG Admission 2018 Selection Process
Selection process is done through online counseling. However, counseling in person will be conducted for Special researvations ( Differently abled, Eminent Sports person, Ex-servicemen, Descendents of freedom fighters, NRI, and Industrial Sponsorship ) and vocational stream candidates.
- Candidates can choose the degree and college, based on their rank during online counseling. If the marks are to be updated or corrected, candidates need to report through online from their registered e-Mail ID to firstname.lastname@example.org along with relevant documents.
- Online counseling system will be followed for all degree programs and campus allotment.
- After the release of rank list, candidates shortlisted will be informed through SMS and e-mail. The ratio of ‘number of vacant seats’ : ‘number of candidates shortlisted for counseling’ will be normally 1:5. Calling for online counseling is not a guarantee for admission.
- Shortlisted candidates must pay a non-refundable counseling fee of 2000/- ( 1000/- for SC / SCA / ST categories ) through online. Those who have not made the counselling fee will not be considered for online counseling.
- After online payment of counseling fee, candidates are permitted to attend the online counseling on specific dates and modify the order of preference for college and degree program already exercised in the application only once which is final and cannot be modified in the subsequent counselling / sliding sessions. During online counselling, If no modification is done in the choice of college and degree program, the preferences given in the application will be considered for seat allotment.
- On expiry of online counseling date of the respective phase, the degree and college allotment will be done based on the choice exercised by the candidate, merit and communal reservations. The allotment will be informed to the candidates through sms and e-mail, besides, publishing on the TNAU website. The detailed instructions on Admission fee payment, Downloading of Allotment letter and documents required for verification will be informed through registered email.
- The Candidates registered ( Counseling fee paid ) for online counseling and not got any allotment, will be considered for subsequent sliding process, if vacancy arises.
- After the online counseling, candidates will be called for certificate / document verification. After certificate / document verification the candidates have to submit their original certificates to confirm their seat allotted to them.
- The candidates are required to pay an amount of 20,000/- towards admission fee by online mode before coming for certificate / document verification at TNAU, Coimbatore. Only on successful payment of admission fee, the allotment letter can be downloaded. This amount will be adjusted in their semester fee. Paying of this amount alone does not guarantee the confirmation of seat. Confirmation will be done only after the verification of certificates / documents. Provisional admission card will be issued after successful verification.
- Once provisional admission card is issued, the Admission fee paid ( 20,000/- ) is not refundable.
- If any information ( Marks and qualification, Community, Date of Birth, Nativity etc., ) found incorrect, the candidature will summarily rejected. Any delay in submission of certificates / documents and payment of fees will result in cancellation of seat.
- Separate IN-PERSON counseling will be conducted at TNAU Coimbatore for special reservations ( Differently abled, Eminent Sports person, Ex-servicemen, Descendents of freedom fighters, NRI, and Industrial Sponsorship quotas ) and vocational stream.
- If any vacancy arises, based on the choice exercised and willingness expressed for sliding, at the time of document verification, candidates will be moved to their best preferred choice of Degree and College based on merit and communal reservation.
- Sliding system will be followed after each counseling based on vacancy arises.
TNAU UG Admission 2018 Important Dates
|1||Admission Notifications in Tamil and English dailies ( Notification )||18th May, 2018|
|2||Opening of online application||18th May, 2018|
|3||Last date for online application||17th June, 2018|
|4||Document Verification for Special Reservations||18th - 20th June, 2018|
|5||Publication of Rank List||22nd June, 2018|
|6||Counseling for Sports, Ex-servicemen and Decedents of freedom|
fighter and Differently abled quota
|07th July, 2018|
|7||I Phase Counseling ( Online )||09th - 13th July, 2018|
|8||Counseling for vocational stream||16th July, 2018|
|9||Counseling for NRI and Industry sponsorship quota||17th & 18th July, 2018|
|10||II Phase Counseling ( Online )||23rd - 27th July, 2018|
|11||Registration for I semester||01st August, 2018|
|12||Closure of Admission||31st August, 2018|
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
Telephone No : +91 422 6611200
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.tnau.ac.in/