TNAU UG Admission 2019
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University invites applications for UG courses for the academic session 2019.
TNAU UG Admission Courses 2019
Agricultural Science Programs
- BSc.( Hons.) Agriculture
- BSc.( Hons.) Horticulture
- BSc.( Hons.) Forestry
- BSc.( Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
- BTech. ( Agricultural Engineering )
- BSc.( Hons.) Sericulture
Agricultural Technology Programs
- BTech. ( Food Technology )
- BTech.( Biotechnology )
- BTech. ( Energy and Environmental Engineering )
- BTech.( Bioinformatics )
- BS. ( Agribusiness Management )
- BTech. ( Agricultural Information Technology )
TNAU UG Admission Eligibility 2019
Candidates should have passed all the subjects in Academic stream of the Qualifying Examination with 10+2 years of schooling under Board of Higher Secondary Education of Government of Tamil Nadu / Central Board of Secondary Education / Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations / other State Government Boards / other International Boards that are recognized ( Attach proof for recognition ) are eligible for the following degree programs
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Agriculture
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Horticulture
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Forestry
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
- B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering )
- B.Sc.( Hons.) Sericulture
- B.Tech. ( Food Technology )
- B.Tech. ( Biotechnology )
- B.Tech. ( Energy and Environmental Engineering )
- B.Tech. ( Bioinformatics )
- B.S. ( Agri-Business Management )
- B.Tech. ( Agricultural Information Technology )
Higher Secondary Course ( HSC ) – Vocational Stream
Five per cent of seats of B.Sc.( Hons. ) Agriculture, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Horticulture, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Forestry and B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering ) programmes in TNAU Constituent colleges are exclusively reserved for candidates who have qualified under Vocational Stream and therefore they shall not be considered under general merit and any other reservation categories. Vocational group candidates are eligible only for the degree programs indicated below
- Candidates who passed Higher Secondary Course ( HSC ) under Vocational stream and studied Biology and Agricultural Practices as vocational subject including theory and practical are eligible to apply for the degrees, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Agriculture, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Horticulture, B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Forestry and B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering ).
- II. Candidates who passed HSC under vocational stream and studied any one of the subjects, namely, Biology or Mathematics or Physics and vocational subjects including theory and practical of Agricultural Practices are eligible to apply for the degree B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering ).
- Candidates who passed Higher Secondary Course ( HSC ) under Vocational stream are NOT ELIGIBLE for Management Quota under Affiliated Colleges.
Eligible Minimum Qualifying Marks ( Academic Stream / Vocational Stream )
|Open Competition ( OC )||55 % aggregate of all the four required subjects|
|Backward Class ( BC ) and Backward Class Muslim ( BCM )||50 % aggregate of all the four required subjects|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities ( MBC )||45 % aggregate of all the four required subjects|
|Scheduled Caste ( SC / SCA )||A pass in qualifying examination with four required subjects|
|Scheduled Tribe ( ST )||A pass in qualifying examination with four required subjects|
Number of Attempts to Pass
- The maximum number of permissible attempts to pass in the qualifying examination is as follows:
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Castes-Arunthathiars / Scheduled Tribes : Three
- All other Communities : Two
- Candidates should not have completed the age of 21 years on the first day of July of the admission year ( i.e. as on 1st July, 2019 ). However, for Scheduled Castes ( SC ), Scheduled Caste-Arunthathiars ( SCA ) and Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) there is No age limit.
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity only will be considered for admission.
- However, candidates who have studied all 10th, 11th, 12th Standards in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission, on producing proof of having studied 10th, 11th, 12th Standards in Schools located at TamilNadu.
- The candidates who have not studied all 10th, 11th, 12th standards in Tamil Nadu should produce the Certificate of Permanent Residence in Tamil Nadu in the prescribed proforma issued by the competent authorities.
- Candidates possessing community certificate issued by Government of Tamil Nadu need not submit.
- A certificate regarding the physical standards prescribed shall be obtained from the Medical Officer of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore at the time of admission.
- Candidates, who aspire for Indian Forest Service ( IFS ) examination, please check the physical standard requirement with appropriate agency.
TNAU UG Admission Application Form 2019
- TNAU UG admission application form will be available at website : www.tnau.ac.in.
- Complete the online payment using e-payment link Application fee is 600/- ( 300/- for SC / SCA / ST Candidates ).
- Fee can be paid via online mode like CR card / Net banking of any banks and for DR card cum ATM card use State Bank of India
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
TNAU UG Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Selection process is done through online counseling. However, counselling in person will be conducted for Special researvations ( Differently abled, Eminent Sports person, Ex-servicemen, Descendents of freedom fighters, NRI, and Industrial Sponsorship ) and vocational stream candidates.
TNAU UG Admission Counselling 2019
- Candidates can choose the degree and college, based on their rank during online counselling. If the marks are to be updated or corrected, candidates need to report through online from their registered e-Mail ID to firstname.lastname@example.org along with relevant documents.
- Online counselling system will be followed for all degree programs and campus allotment.
- After the release of rank list, candidates shortlisted will be informed through SMS and e-mail. The ratio of ‘number of vacant seats’ : ‘number of candidates shortlisted for counselling’ will be normally 1:5. Calling for online counselling is not a guarantee for admission.
- Shortlisted candidates must pay a non-refundable counselling fee of 2000/- ( 1000/- for SC / SCA / ST categories ) through online. Those who have not made the counselling fee will not be considered for online counselling.
- After online payment of counselling fee, candidates are permitted to attend the online counselling on specific dates and modify the order of preference for college and degree program already exercised in the application only once which is final and cannot be modified in the subsequent counselling / sliding sessions. During online counselling, If no modification is done in the choice of college and degree program, the preferences given in the application will be considered for seat allotment.
- On expiry of online counselling date of the respective phase, the degree and college allotment will be done based on the choice exercised by the candidate, merit and communal reservations. The allotment will be informed to the candidates through sms and e-mail, besides, publishing on the TNAU website. The detailed instructions on Admission fee payment, Downloading of Allotment letter and documents required for verification will be informed through registered email.
- The Candidates registered ( Counselling fee paid ) for online counselling and not got any allotment, will be considered for subsequent sliding process, if vacancy arises.
- After the online counselling, candidates will be called for certificate / document verification. After certificate / document verification the candidates have to submit their original certificates to confirm their seat allotted to them.
- The candidates are required to pay an amount of 20,000/- towards admission fee by online mode before coming for certificate / document verification at TNAU, Coimbatore. Only on successful payment of admission fee, the allotment letter can be downloaded. This amount will be adjusted in their semester fee. Paying of this amount alone does not guarantee the confirmation of seat. Confirmation will be done only after the verification of certificates / documents. Provisional admission card will be issued after successful verification.
- Once provisional admission card is issued, the Admission fee paid ( 20,000/- ) is not refundable.
- If any information ( Marks and qualification, Community, Date of Birth, Nativity etc., ) found incorrect, the candidature will summarily rejected. Any delay in submission of certificates / documents and payment of fees will result in cancellation of seat.
- Separate in-person counselling will be conducted at TNAU Coimbatore for special reservations ( Differently abled, Eminent Sports person, Ex-servicemen, Descendents of freedom fighters, NRI, and Industrial Sponsorship quotas ) and vocational stream.
- If any vacancy arises, based on the choice exercised and willingness expressed for sliding, at the time of document verification, candidates will be moved to their best preferred choice of Degree and College based on merit and communal reservation.
- Sliding system will be followed after each counselling based on vacancy arises.
TNAU UG Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Admission Notification in Tamil and English||2nd week of May, 2019|
|2||Starting of online application||2nd week of May, 2019|
|3||Last date for online application||3rd week of June, 2019|
|4||Documents Verification for Special Reservations||Last week of June, 2019|
|5||Publication of Rank List||Last week of June, 2019|
|6||Counselling will be started from||1st week of July, 2019|
|7||Registration for Semester I||1st week of August, 2019|
|8||Closure of Admission||Last week of August, 2019|
|9||Phase I Counselling ( Online )||1st week of July, 2019|
|10||Counselling for the vocational stream||2nd week of July, 2019
|11||Counselling for NRI and Industry sponsorship quota||3rd week of July, 2019|
|Phase II Counseling ( Online )||Last week of July, 2019|
|12||Registration for Semester I||1st week of August, 2019|
|13||Closure of Admission||Last week of August, 2019|
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
Telephone No : +91 422 6611200
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.tnau.ac.in.