UGC National Eligibility TestExams Date »
UGC National Eligibility Test 2018
National Testing Agency invites admission application for Entrance Examination for the post of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship for the academic year 2018
UGC NET Eligibility 2018
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities /institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / persons with disability ( PwD ) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree ( final year ) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF / eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks ( 50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non Creamy layer / SC / ST / PwD category candidates ). Such candidates must complete their Masters degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET ( i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor ) as are available to SC / ST / PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC / ST / PwD / OBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject. The Ph.D.degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19th September 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for
a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks ( i.e.from 55% to 50% ) for appearing in NET
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates / Documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form ( Confirmation Page ) to NTA. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC / NTA at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University /Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University / institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree /certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ), NewDelhi
Age Limit and Relaxation
- JRF: Not more than 30 years as on 01st December, 2018. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC ( Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: ( www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC / ST / PwD / Transgender categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant / related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces upto the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above ground( s ) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
Exemption ( Eligibility for Assistant professor )
- NET / SET / SLET will be the minimum eligibility criteria for the Assistant Professors.
- Candidates those passed the UGC / CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted to appear in the exam.
- For SET Candidates : Those qualified the SET ( held prior to 1st June, 2002 ) are exempted from appearing in NET. Such candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those cleared the SET ( 1st June, 2002 onwards ) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities / colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018
- Mode of Examination: The Examination shall only be conducted as Computer Based Test ( CBT ). Wherever Online Examination has been used elsewhere in this booklet, NTA’s UGC-NET application form, it means CBT only.
- Pattern: The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be attempted with a break of 30 minutes between them.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Pattern||Duration|
|1||100||50||The questions will be generic in nature, intending to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.||1 hour
( 9.30 am to 10.30 am )
( 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm )
|2||200||100||This will be based on the subject selected|
by the candidate. All the questions of
Paper–II will be compulsory.
( 11.00 am to 1.00 pm )
( 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm )
UGC NET Application Form 2018
Particulars to be filled in the Online Application Form
- Copy of Board / University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name,
Father’s Name and Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card
- Type of Identification – Bank A/c Number/ Passport Number/ Ration Card/ Other Govt ID
- Qualifying Degree Certificate or last semester marks sheet
- Your Mailing Address as well as Permanent Address with Pin Code
- Four cities for Centres of your choice
- Code of NET Subject
- Code of subject at Post Graduation level
- Code of Post Graduation Course
- Category Certificate
- Person with Disability ( PwD ) Certificate
- Your own e-mail address and Mobile Number
- Scanned images in JPG / JPEG format only
Check List for filling the Online Application Form
- Whether they fulfill the eligibility conditions for the Test as prescribed under the heading ‘Conditions of Eligibility ’and‘ Age Limit’.
- That they have filled their category viz General / OBC ( Non-Creamy Layer ) / SC / ST / PwD / Transgender, in the relevant column correctly.
- That they have filled their Subject and City of examination and code in the relevant column correctly.
- That the Person with Disability ( PwD ) candidate has filled the relevant column in the online application form. Only PwD candidates have to fill this column and the others have to leave it blank.
- Whether they have kept a Printout of application form ( confirmation page ) for their own record.
Instructions for filling Online Application Form
- Log on to NTA’s website www.ntanet.nic.in and click on the “Apply Online” button under UGC-NET December 2018.
- Download information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility and acquaint yourself with the requirements for submission of Online Application Form.
Step-1: Fill in the Registration Page and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph and Candidate’s Signature in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: Make payment of fee through SBI_MOPS ( Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking e-challan ) and keep proof of fee paid.
Step-4: Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
- For submission of Online Application Form, Steps 1 to 4 must be completed. All Steps are mandatory.
- The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if step 2 and step 3 are not followed through.Such Online Application Forms would stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- Candidate will get Application Number and One Time Password ( OTP ) message through e-mail and SMS for submission of Online Application Form.( Future Login will be allowed only with the Application Number and Password, so these must be preserved )
- Print at least four copies of the Confirmation Page for your record and future reference.
Application Fee :
- The application fee can be paid through credit / debit card or e – Challan ( in cash to Syndicate / Canara / ICICI bank ).
- The application fee cannot be refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
|2||OBC - NCL||₹ 500/-|
|3||SC / ST / PwD||₹ 250/-|
UGC NET Admit Card 2018
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions. The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA’s website w.e.f. 19th November, 2018 onwards and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their Admit Card. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit card. In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. from 19th November, 2018 to 25th November, 2018
UGC NET Important Dates 2018
|1||On-line submission of Application Form ( Upto 11.50 pm )||01st September, 2018 to 30th September, 2018|
|2||Date for successful final transaction of fee ( Upto 11.50 pm )||01st September2018 to 01st October, 2018|
|3||Through Credit / Debit Card / Net-Banking upto 11.50 pm Through e-challan upto bank hours||upto 1st October, 2018|
|4||Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only||08th October, 2018 to 14th October, 2018|
|5||Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website||19th November, 2018|
|6||Dates of Examination||Between 09th December, 2018 ( Sunday ) to
23rd December, 2018 ( Sunday )
|7||Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||10th January, 2019|
National Testing Agency,
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62,
IITK Outreach Centre,
Uttar Pradesh, India.,
Phone No. : 8076535482,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nta.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.