UGC National Eligibility TestExams Date »
UGC National Eligibility Test 2019
National Testing Agency invites admission application for Entrance Examination for the post of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
UGC NET Eligibility 2019
The complete eligibility criteria for JRF and Assistant professor programmes is given below :
Age Criteria :
- For Junior Research Fellowship, the upper age limit is 30 years as on 1st January, 2019.
- No age limit for the Assistant Professor.
- The relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC – NCL, SC, ST, PwD and women category will be 5 years.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the research experience and LL.M Degree ( 3 years ) holders.
Qualification Requirement :
- Qualifying Exam : Candidates those have the Master’s degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC can apply. Ph.D candidates can also apply.
- Minimum Marks : It is necessary to have at least 55% marks in aggregate in the master’s degree. 50% marks for reserved categories.
- Appearing Candidates : Appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- Relaxation : There is a 5% of relaxation for Ph.D degree holders in aggregate marks. Such candidates should have the Master’s degree examination which should be completed by 19th September, 1991.
Exemption ( Eligibility for Assistant professor )
- NET / SET / SLET will be the minimum eligibility criteria for the Assistant Professors.
- Candidates those passed the UGC / CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted to appear in the exam.
- For SET Candidates : Those qualified the SET ( held prior to 1st June, 2002 ) are exempted from appearing in NET. Such candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those cleared the SET ( 1st June, 2002 onwards ) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities / colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2019
- Mode : The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Type of Questions : Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Papers : The exam will be consisting of two papers.
- Medium of Test : The medium of paper either Hindi or English depending upon candidate’s choice.
- Marking Scheme : Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Marking Scheme : No provision of negative marking.
UGC NET Application Form 2019
UGC NET application form is available in the official website www.nta.ac.in.
Candidates should go through the guidelines given below to fill the UGC NET application form.
- Candidates can fill the UGC NET 2019 application form through online mode.
- The candidates can apply online from the first week of March, 2019.
- The last date for applying online will be second week of April, 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the application form, upload the required images, pay the fee and take the confirmation page printout.
- Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the NTA office.
Application Fee :
- The application fee can be paid through credit / debit card or e – Challan ( in cash to Syndicate / Canara / ICICI bank ).
- The application fee cannot be refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
|2||OBC - NCL||[rupee] 500/-|
|3||SC / ST / PwD||[rupee] 250/-|
UGC NET Syllabus 2019
Paper I will be consist of the questions which will be of general nature and to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will basically be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Important Dates 2019
|1||On-line submission of Application Form ( Upto 11.50 pm )||01st September, 2018 to 30th September, 2018|
|2||Date for successful final transaction of fee ( Upto 11.50 pm )||01st September2018 to 01st October, 2018|
|3||Through Credit / Debit Card / Net-Banking upto 11.50 pm Through e-challan upto bank hours||upto 1st October, 2018|
|4||Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only||08th October, 2018 to 14th October, 2018|
|5||Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website||19th November, 2018|
|6||Dates of Examination||Between 09th December, 2018 ( Sunday ) to
23rd December, 2018 ( Sunday )
|7||Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||10th January, 2019|
National Testing Agency,
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62,
IITK Outreach Centre,
Uttar Pradesh, India.,
Phone No. : 8076535482,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nta.ac.in.