Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination ( VITEEE )Exams Date »
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination ( VITEEE – 2019 )
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering invites admission application for ( VITEEE ) Entrance Examination leading to admission in BTech programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
VITEEE Courses Offered 2019
- Bio – Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engg ( Spec. in Bioinformatics )
- Computer Science and Engineering with Specialization in Information Security
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with Specialization with Internet of Things and Sensor
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical ( Spec. in Automotive Engineering )
- Mechanical ( Spec. in Energy Engineering )
- Production and Industrial Engineering
VITEEE Eligibility 2019
The basic eligibility to appear for VITEEE 2019 is class 12th pass or equivalent. As per VIT norms, NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) applicants who are appearing for their final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by any recognized board are also eligible to apply.
Academic Qualification : They should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Math / Biology in class 12th ( 50% for the SC / ST & North Eastern State candidates )
Nationality : NRI candidates are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2019. PIO and OCI holder are also eligible to apply for VITEEE – 2019. ( Foreign Candidates studied / studying in abroad can apply directly through foreign category only )
Age Limit : Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2019.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2019
Highlights of VITEEE 2019 exam pattern are given below :
- Mode of Exam : The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Language Medium : The question paper will be set in English language only.
- Question Paper Type : The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) type.
- Number of Questions : Total 125 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Sections : The question will be framed from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology & English subjects.
- Duration of Exam : The duration of VITEEE 2019 will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The exam will be organized 3 sessions per day.
- Marking Scheme : For each correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted.
- Negative Marking : There is no provision for negative marking.
VITEEE Application Form 2019
VITEEE application form is available in the official website www.vit.ac.in.
VITEEE Admit Card 2019
- While booking a slot for VITEEE 2019, the admit card will be automatically generated. The slot booking for VITEEE 2019 will be done in the month of March 2019. Candidates can obtain their VITEEE 2019 admit card by downloading it while slot booking. They must secure its copies as it is a very important document, without which, candidates will not be allowed to sit for VITEEE 2019 test.
- Once the candidate have VITEEE 2019 Admit Card in hand, he has to cross – check his name, father’s name, signature, photograph, exam centre, roll number etc. Make sure these details are true and correct. In case of any discrepancy, contact VIT University immediately.
VITEEE Exam Centers 2019
- VITEEE 2019 is conducted in 121 exam cities in India and abroad ( Dubai, Qatar, Kuwait and Muscat ).
VITEEE Selection Procedure 2019
- Selection is through VITEEE Entrance Examination
VITEEE Syllabus 2019
- VIT University has announced VITEEE Syllabus. The syllabus comprises 125 MCQs from 4 subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology and English. 40 Questions from each ( PCM / B ) and 5 questions from English. Candidates must go through the syllabus so that they can prepare well for the examination.
- VITEEE 2019 Syllabus includes the syllabus of class 10+2 level ( Science stream ), similar to CBSE and Tamil Nadu State Board of Higher Secondary.
VITEEE Result 2019
- VITEEE result is expected to be declared on or before 25th April, 2019. A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the VITEEE 2019. At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS, on the mobile number provided during registration.
- Equating Methodology will be followed to carve out VITEEE 2019 Result. It is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms ( that are approximately equivalent ) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates.
- The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group.
Eg. : A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90% of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score.
VITEEE Counselling 2019
- VITEEE counselling is expected to be held in 2nd week of May. There are 2 phases of VITEEE counselling 2019 – Phase 1 and Phase 2. Phase 1 Counselling will be held in May and dates for Phase 2 counselling for other rank holders will be released afterwards. However, if seats still remain vacant, an optional 3rd phase of counselling will be conducted.
- Eligible candidates can select the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT – AP on the day of Counselling as per the order of merit and availability.
Candidates must carry the following documents at the time of VITEEE counselling :
- VITEEE 2019 e – admit card and VITEEE 2019 Result copy
- Class Xth Board Certificate as a D.O.B or any age proof document
- Mark sheets of qualifying exam
- Community certificate ( for SC / ST only )
- Nativity certificate ( for candidates belonging to J&K, NE states like Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura )
- Demand Draft of ₹ 30,000/- drawn in favor of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore
Note : Fees paid at the counselling includes ₹ 10,000/- towards counselling fee ( Non – refundable ). Candidates without the fee will not be allowed to take part in counselling.
VITEEE Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for Receipt of applications||28th February, 2019|
|2||Date of VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ( VITEE - 2019 )||2nd and 3rd week of April, 2019|
|3||Declaration of results||End of April, 2019|
|4||Commencement of classes||8th, 10th and 12th July, 2019|
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Near Katpadi Road,
Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632014, India.,
Telephone No. : 91-416-2243091,
Fax : 91-416-2243092,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.