Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE – 2007)
Vellore 632 014
You are invited to join B.Tech. at VIT
What do you look for in your future college or university?
- A top-class education, that is on par with the best anywhere in the world.
- A wide choice of courses and options that give you flexibility and choice
- A great ambience to work hard and to develop all-round personality traits
- A degree that will grant you pride and respect once you graduate
- Placement in all disciplines across the globe
VIT University, offers programmes in over a dozen academic systems that you can choose from, for you B.Tech. Degree
Located in Vellor, 130 kms from Chennai, VIT’s futuristic campus bristles with cutting-edge technology and facilities. And with students from virtually every state in India and many countries, you may well feel that you’re in an international campus!
VIT is the first University in India, accredited by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), (formerly, Institute of Electrical Engineers IEE) and the Energy Institute (EI), both from UK.
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE – 2007): 15th April 2007 (Sunday)
Admission to the following B.Tech. Programmes will be purely on the basis of Entrance Examination only.
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical & Energy Engineering
A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB)
A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) for
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST
- Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Prades,
Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes
Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics & Biotechnology programmes.
Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in March / April 2007 are also eligible
Issue of Application will start on Monday, 22nd Jan 2007
Last date of receipt of application: 05-03-07
Entrance Examination: 15-04-2007
The application forms can obtained
- From the designated branches of State Bank of India (SBI), Indian Bank and Post Office on cash payment of Rs.850/-. Details of branches from which application will be sold is available in VIT website:
By sending a Demand Draft for Rs.850/- drawn in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology”, payable at Vellore, to the Admissions Officer with a request letter containing full address of the applicant.
- By handing over a DD for Rs.850/- in person at VIT University, Vellore (or) at our Chennai Administrative Office.
For admission details, visit our website:
VIT University, Vellore – 632 014
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: 0416 – 305 8000, 220 2168 / 220 2157
Fax: 0416 – 224 5544, 224 0411
Email: Admission@vit.ac.in (or) firstname.lastname@example.org
Chennai Administrative Office
New No.6, (Old No. W-73), Second Street,
Anna Nagar (Opp, Towers Club), Chennai – 600 040
Ph: 044 – 420 16555, 6548 0555
Fax: 044 – 262 22555