Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination ( VITEEE )Exams Date »
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination ( VITEEE – 2019 )
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering invites admission application for ( VITEEE ) Entrance Examination leading to admission in BTech programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Course Specializations 2019
- Bio – Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engg ( Spec. in Bioinformatics )
- Computer Science and Engineering with Specialization in Information Security
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with Specialization with Internet of Things and Sensor
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical ( Spec. in Automotive Engineering )
- Mechanical ( Spec. in Energy Engineering )
- Production and Industrial Engineering
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Eligibility 2019
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE, New Delhi ), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination ( ISCE, New Delhi ).
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Genev
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London / Cambridge / Srilanka ) at the Advanced ( A ) level.
- As per VIT norms, NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply. They should submit Migration-Cum-Transfer certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible for VITEEE-2019
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July, 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2019. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which, they will be disqualified.
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non- Resident Indian National / PIO / OCI holder. PIO / OCI candidates should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years.
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Exam Pattern 2019
Computer Based Test ( CBT )
- VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted in 2nd ( or ) 3rd week of April 2019
- The duration of the entrance examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted as 3 sessions per day.
- Exam Timings ( IST ):
- I session – 09.00 am – 11.30 am
- II session – 12.30 pm – 03.00 pm
- III session – 04.00 pm – 06.30 pm
- Examination may be conducted in multiple sessions. However, a candidate is allowed to appear in anyone specified session ( PCME / PCBE ) only.
- Mode of Entrance Examination is CBT only.
Pattern of the Entrance Examination – CBT
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question ( MCQ ).
- PART-I – Physics
- PART-II – Chemistry
- PART-III – Mathematics / Biology
- PART-IV – English
- Candidates attempting Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics & English are eligible for all the B.Tech programmes offered.
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Bioengineering, B.Tech. CSE ( spl.in Bioinformatics ) and B.Tech. ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering programmes.
- The selection of subjects ( Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics or Biology / English ) has to be mentioned on the application form itself.
- The questions will primarily be from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus.
- Each part has 40 questions and English has 5 questions, with each question carrying one mark.
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same.
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
- The Question paper will be in English only.
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Application Form 2019
Issue of Application Forms – Online
Candidates can also apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the following mode :
- Net banking / Credit card / Debit card / Paytm for [rupee] 1150/- The online applicants need not send the hard copy of the application form to the Institute.
Issue of Application Forms – OMR
- The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of [rupee] 1200/- from the various post offices as given in the VIT website : www.vit.ac.in.
- Candidates can also obtain the application form in person from
- VIT, Vellore Campus
- VIT, Chennai Campus
- VIT – Bhopal and
- VIT – AP
- by handing over a Demand Draft for [rupee] 1200/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at the respective campuses.
- Candidates are advised to purchase the information brochure / application form only through the means mentioned above and not from any private publisher / vendor. Fake application forms will not be processed and will be rejected.
Submission of documents on Admission
The following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
- Qualifying examination mark statements of all attempts
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate ( if issued by the board )
- Community Certificate ( For SC / ST candidates only )
- Nativity Certificate ( For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. )
- Provisional Admission Letter. ( photo copy )
- Recent Passport size colour photos 4 nos.
- Affidavit to be signed separately by Student, Parent and Hostel on a [rupee] 20/- Stamp Paper
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- 2 sets of photocopies of all original documents ( Except Affidavit & Physical Fitness Certificate )
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Admit Card 2019
- The e-Admit card will be generated once the candidate has booked his / her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
- The e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the Online Test Booking system before the last date. For those who have not booked, slots will be generated based on the information given on the application form and availability of the slot.
- The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate. Discrepancies, if any, must be brought to the notice of VIT immediately.
- The e-Admit card will be made available for candidates in Website. Candidate. should provide the application form number and Online Test Booking password to download the e-Admit card.
- The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate.
- Candidates must provide a valid email ID on the application form. The e-Admit card will not be dispatched to candidates via post or fax.
- Candidates should ensure that a printer is connected to their computer while printing the e-Admit card.
- Candidates should take a print out of the e-Admit card using the print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-Admit card including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
- Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the test without valid e-Admit card. Candidates must not mutilate the e-Admit card or change any entry made therein after it has been authenticated and received by them. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The e-Admit card is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling / admission
- Candidates will not be allowed to attend the test, without the following documents. Candidate should report to the selected test centre with:
- e-Admit card and
- Any one of the following for photo identification
- School or college Photo ID card
- Twelfth Standard board exam hall ticket ( or ) admit card bearing photo
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID card
- IT Pan card
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Selection Process 2019
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2019, conducted by VIT.
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates will be short-listed based on their entrance examination rank and will be called for the counselling.
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Exam Centres 2019
- The VITEEE – 2019 will be held in 124 cities.
Codes of the States / Union Territory
|Andhra Pradesh||10||Karnataka||22||Tamil Nadu||34|
|Goa||16||Mizoram||28||Andaman and Nicobar Islands ( UT )||40|
|Gujarat||17||Nagaland||29||Chandigarh ( UT )||41|
|Haryana||18||Odisha||30||Dadra and Nagar Haveli ( UT )||42|
|Himachal Pradesh||19||Punjab||31||Daman and Diu ( UT )||43|
|Jammu and Kashmir||20||Rajasthan||32||Lakshadweep ( UT )||44|
|Jharkhand||21||Sikkim||33||Puducherry ( UT )||45|
Codes of the Test Cities – VITEEE – 2019
|State||Test City||Code||State||Test City||Code||State||Test City||Code|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||101||Jharkhand||Ranchi||143||Tamil Nadu||Coimbatore||184|
|Andhra Pradesh||Amaravati ( AP )||102||Karnataka||Bangalore||144||Tamil Nadu||Erode||185|
|Andhra Pradesh||Ananthapur||103||Karnataka||Hubli||145||Tamil Nadu||Kumbakonam||186|
|Andhra Pradesh||Eluru||104||Karnataka||Mangalore||146||Tamil Nadu||Madurai||187|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur||105||Kerala||Kochi||147||Tamil Nadu||Salem||188|
|Andhra Pradesh||Kurnool||106||Kerala||Kozhikode||148||Tamil Nadu||Tiruchirapalli||189|
|Andhra Pradesh||Nellore||107||Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||149||Tamil Nadu||Tirunelveli||190|
|Andhra Pradesh||Rajahmundry||108||Kerala||Thrissur||150||Tamil Nadu||Vellore||191|
|Andhra Pradesh||Srikakulam||109||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||151||Telangana||Hyderabad||192|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati||110||Madhya Pradesh||Gwalior||152||Telangana||Karim Nagar||193|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tanuku||111||Madhya Pradesh||Indore||153||Telangana||Khammam||194|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vijayawada||112||Madhya Pradesh||Jabalpur||154||Telangana||Mahbubnagar||195|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vishakapatnam||113||Madhya Pradesh||Ujjain||155||Telangana||Nalgonda||196|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Ita Nagar||114||Maharashtra||Amravati||156||Telangana||Warangal||197|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad||128||Odisha||Rourkela||170||Uttar Pradesh||Rae Bareli||211|
|Haryana||Faridabad||132||Punjab||Jalandhar City||174||Uttar Pradesh||Pant Nagar||215|
|Himachal Pradesh||Dharmasala||136||Rajasthan||Jaipur||178||West Bengal||Kolkata||219|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla||137||Rajasthan||Jodhpur||179||West Bengal||Siliguri||220|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||138||Rajasthan||Kota||180||Centers Abroad||Dubai||221|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar||139||Rajasthan||Udaipur||181||Kuwait||222|
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Syllabus 2019
- VIT University has announced VITEEE Syllabus. The syllabus comprises 125 MCQs from 4 subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology and English. 40 Questions from each ( PCM / B ) and 5 questions from English. Candidates must go through the syllabus so that they can prepare well for the examination.
- VITEEE 2019 Syllabus includes the syllabus of class 10+2 level ( Science stream ), similar to CBSE and Tamil Nadu State Board of Higher Secondary.
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Results 2019
Announcement of Results
- The entrance examination results will be available on the VIT website – www.vit.ac.in.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in VITEEE-2019.
- There is no provision to send the marks of the candidates ( selected or unselected ) by post. At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS, if the mobile number of the applicant is provided.
- Since the final grades are scrutinized with extreme care, there is no provision for re-grading and re-totaling. The photocopies of the answer sheets will not be made available. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidate should appear for the entrance only once. VIT has the right to hold the rank for the candidates appearing in VITEEE for more than one time.
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Counselling 2019
- The counselling for allocation of branches to the short- listed candidates is based on their All India Rank ( AIR ) in VITEEE- 2019 A candidate may obtain this information on VITEE website or by calling the VIT office, a day after the declaration of the results of VITEEE-2019.
- VIT is in no way responsible for information regarding counselling not reaching the candidates. They should check the VIT website for information about counselling. No change of date / time of counselling is permissible.
- It is mandatory to submit the required documents as mentioned below at the time of counselling If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he / she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to forego his / her seat.
- Candidate will not be permitted to attend counselling more than once under any circumstances. Similarly no change of campus and change of branch will be entertained.
Submission of Documents at the time of counselling
The candidates should produce the following documents in original along with two sets of photocopies while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the counselling process without these documents.
- VITEEE-2019 e-Admit Card, Counselling Admit card and VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof Certificate
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination ( If available )
- XII Hall ticket ( For candidates awaiting results )
- Community Certificate ( For SC / ST candidates only )
- Nativity Certificate ( For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura ).
- Demand Draft for [rupee] 50,000/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore.
- Demand Draft for [rupee] 21,000/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore, for Hostel admission
VITEEE B.Tech Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for Receipt of applications||28th February, 2019|
|2||Date of VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ( VITEE - 2019 )||2nd and 3rd week of April, 2019|
|3||Declaration of results||End of April, 2019|
|4||Commencement of classes||8th, 10th and 12th July, 2019|
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Near Katpadi Road,
Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632014, India.,
Telephone No. : 91-416-2243091,
Fax : 91-416-2243092,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.vit.ac.in.