VIT Engineering Entrance Examination – VITEEEExams Date »
VITEEE Admission 2019
Vellore Institute of Technology invites admission application for B.Tech programs and conducts VITEEE for the academic year 2019.
VITEEE Courses Offered 2019
B.Tech – Bachelor of Technology
- Electronics and Communication with spl.in Biomedical
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engg with spl. in Bioinformatics
- Computer Science and Engineering with spl. in
- Information Security
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering spl. with Internet of Things and Sensor
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical with spl. in Automotive Engineering
- Mechanical with spl. in Energy Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Electronics and Communication with spl.in Sensors &
- Wearable Technology
- Computer Science and Engineering with spl.in Data Science
- B.Des. Industrial Design
VITEEE Eligibility 2019
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non – Resident Indian National / PIO / OCI holder.
- PIO / OCI candidates should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE – 2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in any one of the following qualifying examinations :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE, New Delhi ), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination ( ISCE, New Delhi ).
- Intermediate or Two – year Pre – University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London / Cambridge / Srilanka ) at the Advanced ( A ) level.
- As per VIT norms, NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply. They should submit Migration – Cum – Transfer certificate at the time of admission.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE – 2019 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination ( +2 / Intermediate ).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology ( PCM / PCB ) in +2 ( or its equivalent ) put together should be 50% for the following categories :
Candidates belonging to SC / ST
- For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- These documents should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- In case, the mark statement is not produced by the candidates at the time of admission, the decision of the Management regarding his / her eligibility and admission to the programme shall be final.
- Even though the admission is done as per the VITEEE ranking, the candidate has to fulfill the eligibility norms mentioned.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bioengineering and B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for ECE with spl.in Biomedical Engineering , B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg ( Spec.in Bioinformatics ) but after joining, registering for Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July, 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE – 2019. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which, they will be disqualified. Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on 1st July of the admission year.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2019
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question ( MCQ ).
- PART – I – Physics
- PART – II – Chemistry
- PART – III – Mathematics / Biology
- PART – IV – English
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English are eligible for all the B.Tech programmes offered.
- Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Bioengineering, B.Tech.CSE ( spl.in Bioinformatics ) and ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering programmes.
- The selection of subjects ( Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics or Biology / English ) has to be mentioned in the application form itself.
- The questions will primarily be from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus. The syllabus for the Entrance Examination.
- Each part has 40 questions and English has 5 questions, with each question carrying one mark.
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same.
- The duration of the entrance examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted as 3 sessions per day.
Exam Timings ( IST )
- I session – 9.00 am – 11.30 am
- II session – 12.30 pm – 3 .00 pm
- III session – 4.00 pm – 6 .30 pm
VITEEE Application Form 2019
- VITEEE application form is available in the official website : www.vit.ac.in.
- The following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
- Qualifying examination mark statements of all attempts
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate ( if issued by the board )
- Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate ( For SC / ST only )
- Nativity Certificate ( For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. )
- Provisional Admission Letter. ( photo copy )
- Recent Passport size colour photos – 4 nos.
- Affidavit to be signed separately by Student, Parent and Hostel on a [rupee] 20/- Stamp Paper.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- 2 sets of photocopies of all original documents ( Except Affidavit & Physical Fitness Certificate )
Issue of Application Forms – Online
Candidates can also apply online through the following mode :
- Net banking / Credit card / Debit card [rupee] 1150/- ( Inclusive of GST )
- Demand Draft mode – 50 USD for NRI candidates. Send the hard copy of the application form along with the demand draft to the University.
The online applicants need not send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
Issue of Application Forms – OMR
- The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of [rupee] 1200/- ( Inclusive of GST ) – from the various post offices as given in the VIT website www.vit.ac.in.
VITEEE Admit Card 2019
- The e-Admit card will be generated once the candidate has booked his / her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
- The e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the Online Test Booking system before the last date. For those who have not booked, slots will be generated based on the information given in the application form and availability of the slot.
- The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate. Discrepancies, if any, must be brought to the notice of VIT University immediately.
- The e-Admit card will be made available for candidates in www.vit.ac.in. Candidate should provide the application form number and Online Test Booking password to download the e-Admit card.
- The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate.
- Candidates must provide a valid email ID in the application form. The e-Admit card will not be despatched to candidates via post or fax.
- Candidates should ensure that a printer is connected to their computer while printing the e-Admit card. Candidates should take a print out of the e-Admit card using the print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-Admit card including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
- Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the test without valid e-Admit card.
- Candidates must not mutilate the e-Admit card or change any entry made therein after it has been authenticated and received by them. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The e-Admit card is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling / admission Candidates will not be allowed to attend the test, without the following documents. Candidate should report to the selected test centre with:
- e-Admit card
- Photocopy of the application form and
- Any one of the following for photo identification.
- School or college Photo ID card
- Twelfth Standard board exam hall ticket ( or ) admit card bearing photo
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID card
- IT Pan card
VITEEE Selection Procedure 2019
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE – 2019, conducted by VIT University.
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates will be short – listed based on their entrance examination rank and will be called for the counselling.
VITEEE Exam Centres 2019
|State||Exam Centre||Code||State||Exam Centre||Code||State||Exam Centre||Code|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||101||Jharkhand||Ranchi||143||Tamil Nadu||Coimbatore||184|
|Andhra Pradesh||Amaravati ( AP )||102||Karnataka||Bangalore||144||Tamil Nadu||Erode||185|
|Andhra Pradesh||Ananthapur||103||Karnataka||Hubli||145||Tamil Nadu||Kumbakonam||186|
|Andhra Pradesh||Eluru||104||Karnataka||Mangalore||146||Tamil Nadu||Madurai||187|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur||105||Kerala||Kochi||147||Tamil Nadu||Salem||188|
|Andhra Pradesh||Kurnool||106||Kerala||Kozhikode||148||Tamil Nadu||Tiruchirapalli||189|
|Andhra Pradesh||Nellore||107||Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||149||Tamil Nadu||Tirunelveli||190|
|Andhra Pradesh||Rajahmundry||108||Kerala||Thrissur||150||Tamil Nadu||Vellore||191|
|Andhra Pradesh||Srikakulam||109||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||151||Telangana||Hyderabad||192|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati||110||Madhya Pradesh||Gwalior||152||Telangana||Karim Nagar||193|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tanuku||111||Madhya Pradesh||Indore||153||Telangana||Khammam||194|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vijayawada||112||Madhya Pradesh||Jabalpur||154||Telangana||Mahbubnagar||195|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vishakapatnam||113||Madhya Pradesh||Ujjain||155||Telangana||Nalgonda||196|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Ita Nagar||114||Maharashtra||Amravati||156||Telangana||Warangal||197|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad||128||Odisha||Rourkela||170||Uttar Pradesh||Rae Bareli||211|
|Haryana||Faridabad||132||Punjab||Jalandhar City||174||Uttar Pradesh||Pant Nagar||215|
|Himachal Pradesh||Dharmasala||136||Rajasthan||Jaipur||178||West Bengal||Kolkata||219|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla||137||Rajasthan||Jodhpur||179||West Bengal||Siliguri||220|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||138||Rajasthan||Kota||180||Centers Abroad||Dubai||221|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar||139||Rajasthan||Udaipur||181||Kuwait||222|
VITEEE Syllabus 2019
- Mathematics / Biology
VITEEE Results 2019
- VITEEE result is expected to be declared on or before 25th April, 2019. A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the VITEEE 2019. At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS, on the mobile number provided during registration.
VITEEE Counselling 2019
- The counselling for allocation of branches to the shortlisted candidates is based on their All India Rank ( AIR ) in VITEEE-2019. A candidate may obtain this information on our website or by calling the VIT office, a day after the declaration of the results of VITEEE-2019.
- The intimation regarding counselling dates will be displayed in the VIT website. SMS will also be sent to the qualified candidates after the declaration of the results. A Common selection and Admission procedure will be followed through single window counselling for all the B.Tech programmes offered in all the campuses of VIT University. Candidates who have been shortlisted for counselling should also attend the same, in person.
- To take care of possible absentees, the number of qualified candidates is kept more than the number of seats available in VIT University. The fact that a candidate has qualified in the VITEEE-2019 and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission to him / her. This depends upon the candidate’s All India Rank ( AIR ) in the entrance examination and the availability of seats. Details of the various branches offered under the B.Tech programme in the current year, the total number of seats allocated for each branch at the time of counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre to enable the candidates to make their choice. Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted the branch.
- VIT is in no way responsible for information regarding counselling not reaching the candidates. They should check the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in for information about counselling.
- No change of date / time of counselling is permissible. If a candidate does not personally appear before the Admission Committee for counselling on the date specified, his / her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in the order of merit. However, due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he / she can attend on a subsequent date / time, after duly intimating the office, regarding this. But the candidate can only opt for the branch available at that point of time and cannot claim any other branch as per his / her original turn / seniority.
- After the counselling for a particular day is over, the number of seats ( branchwise ) available for allotment for the next day of counselling will be published in the website. If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he / she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to forego his / her seat.
- Candidate will not be permitted to attend counselling more than once under any circumstances.Similarly no change of campus and change of branch will be entertained.
- The following documents are to be submitted at the time of counselling :
- VITEEE-2019 e-Admit Card, Counselling Admit card and
VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any
other age proof Certificate
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination ( If available ) / XII Hall ticket ( For candidates awaiting results )
- Community Certificate ( For SC / ST only )
- Nativity Certificate ( For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. )
- VITEEE-2019 e-Admit Card, Counselling Admit card and
VITEEE Important Dates 2019
|1||Issue of VITEEE-2019 Application Forms ( OMR )||1st November, 2018|
|2||Last date to apply||28th February, 2019|
|3||VITEEE 2019 Exam Dates||10th April to 21st April, 2019|
|4||Declaration of Results ( Tentatively )||End of April, 2019|
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Near Katpadi Road,
Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632014, India.,
Telephone No. : 91-416-2243091 / 93,
Fax : 91-416-2243092,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.