Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CATExams Date »
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT 2019
Army Institute of Fashion and Design invites admission application from eligible candidates for admission into UG and PG courses through WAT / CAT examinations for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
Army Institute of Fashion and Design Courses Offered 2019
- B.Sc. ( Fashion & Apparel Design )
- M.Sc. ( Fashion & Apparel Design )
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT Eligibility 2019
- The admission to the Army Institute of Fashion and Design is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and wards of war widows / widows of the Army.
- The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to Army Institute of Fashion and Design along with the Application Form.
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalided medical board.
- This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
Adopted / Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows
- Adopted child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
- Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers / Army Dental Corps Officers Presently Serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force ( IN / IAF ).
- Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years.
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel.
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 ( 52 ) / 88 / D ( Res ) dated 19th July, 1989.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have completed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P & T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
- Post Graduate Course only. Unsubscribed seats from those meant for Army wards to be filled up as follows
- Priority One. Wards of ex Army personnel who have continuous service between 5 ( five ) to 10 ( ten ) years in Army.
- Priority Two. Wards of persons of Assam Rifles.
- UG Course : The applicant must have passed 11th and 12th Std having studied same combination for two years regular students with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks from a board recognized by UGC / University.
- Bangalore University norms will be followed with regard to admission approval, refund of fees and retention of original documents from time to time.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination as a regular candidate are only eligible for admission to B.Sc. ( FAD ) as per Bangalore University norms. Candidates who have passed through distance education system or privately through NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) have to offer the same combination of subjects in both 11th and 12th Standard.
- UG admission through Written Admission Test ( WAT ).
- PG Course : Candidates who have passed the three year Bachelor’s degree examination of Bangalore University or any other University considered as equivalent there to in Science / Engineering in Fashion & Apparel Design / Textiles & Clothing / Apparel & Fashion Technology / Fashion Designing / Costume & Apparel Design / Costume Design and Fashion / Textile Technology / Silk Technology with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate are eligible for admission to PG Course.
- PG Admission through Creative Aptitude Test ( CAT ).
BSc : 10+2 examination as a regular candidate from recognized board
MSc : Bachelor’s degree in Science / Engineering in Fashion & Apparel Design / Textile & Clothing / Apparel & Fashion Technology / Fashion Designing / Costume Design & Fashion / Textile Technology / Silk Technology with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT Seats 2019
- B.Sc. ( Fashion & Apparel Design ) – 60 Seats
- M.Sc. ATM ( Fashion & Apparel Design ) – 20 Seats
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT Exam Pattern 2019
WAT / CAT will consist of 100 Marks objective type test items to be responded to by the candidates in the allocated duration of three hours. The test will have the following components
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test.
- General Awareness Test.
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test. ( including short essay )
- The medium of the test shall be English only.
- The sample Question Paper is given at the prospectus’.
- No negative marking will be done.
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT Application Form 2019
Army Institute of Fashion and Design admission application form is available in the official website www.aifdonline.in.
How to apply
- Application forms can be downloaded from the official college website. Duly filled – in application form, along with the Demand Draft of the application fee and the required documents, need to reach the college office on or before the last date for submission of application.
- Application fee is [rupee] 550/- and must be paid through a Demand Draft in favour of ARMY INSTITUTE OF FASHION & DESIGN, payable at Bangalore. Money order / Cheque / Postal order will not be accepted.
Note : Kindly mention the student’s name on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
List of documents to be attached along with the application form :
- Admit Card and Attendance Card.
- Proof of age as per Std X / XII or Equivalent Examination Mark – sheet / Transfer Certificate.
- Statement of Marks of qualifying examination with aggregate marks.
- Statement of Marks of higher degrees / examinations.
- Appropriate certificates in respect of various categories to avail priority of admission which are as under:
- Certificate No 1 – for children of serving Army Personnel having 10 years continuous service in the Army, Retired / Released / Discharged after 10 Years of service / killed in action / died during service / disabled in action / medically boarded out with pension.
- Certificate No 2 – for step children of Army Personnel who were born from wedlock where at least one parent belonged to the Army / adopted children of Army Personnel who have been adopted at least 5 Years prior to commencement of course.
- Certificate No 3 – for children of Army Medical Corps / AD Corps Officers serving in AIR Force / Navy Medical Establishment / MNS / APS and TA Personnel.
- The application must be send by post to the following Correspondence Address :
Army Institute of Fashion and Design ( AIFD ),
Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur PO,
Bangalore – 560 077.
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT Exam Centres 2019
The following are the examination cities along with city code
- Pune ( 01 )
- Bangalore ( 02 )
- Delhi ( 03 )
- Kolkata ( 04 )
- Lucknow ( 05 )
- Guwahati ( 06 )
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT Selection Procedure 2019
BSc : Selection is on the basis of Written Admission Test ( WAT ) conducted by college
MSc : Selection is based on the Performance in Common Admission Test ( CAT ) conducted by the college
Army Institute of Fashion and Design WAT / CAT Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for receipt of Application||25th March, 2019|
|2||Last date for receipt of Application with late fees of [rupee] 100/-||31st March, 2019|
|3||Admit Card||31st March, 2019|
|4||Written Admission Test ( WAT ) for UG course||28th April, 2019|
|5||Declaration of Results||8th May, 2019|
|6||Last date for receipt of Application||30th June, 2019|
|7||Last date for receipt of Application with late fees of [rupee] 100/-||5th July, 2019|
|8||Admit Card||5th July, 2019 onwards|
|9||Creative Aptitude Test ( CAT ) & Interview for PG course||20th July, 2019|
|10||Declaration of Results||30th July, 2019|
Army Institute of Fashion & Design ( AIFD ),
Kothanur PO, Bangalore – 560 077,
Phone No. : 080 6066 9001,
Mobile : +91 8792669001 / +91 8792669002 / +91 0903531600,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.aifdonline.in.