University of Calcutta M Phil Entrance Examination 2017
University of Calcutta Admission Notice for M.Phil Course for the session 2017 – 2018.
University of Calcutta MPhil Reservation 2017
- For SC, ST, OBC – A, OBC – B and PWD candidate will be made as per University /Govt. rules.
- Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD within each respective category (SC/ST, OBC – A, OBC – B/unreserved of the concerned subject)
- 100 Point Roster of West Bengal Board of Higher Educational Institution will be followed in final selection.
University of Calcutta applications are invited for two years M.Phil. Course in :
- Bengali – 25
- Commerce – 19
- Education -12
- History – 13
- Hindi – 14
- Urdu – 04
- Sociology – 08
- English – 20
- Women Studies – 08
- Library & Information Science – 18
- Ancient Indian History & Culture – 13
- Sanskrit – 22
- Pali – 10
- Political Science – 06.
University of Calcutta MPhil 2017 Eligibility
Any candidate who has passed the M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent examination of the university with 55% marks in aggregate [SC/ST/PWD (minimum 40% disability) with 50% marks] students in the respective subject/subjects. Students who are taking M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent Part – II Examination and or Final Semester Examination in the above mentioned subjects may also apply provisionally and sit for the Admission Test but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtained the required marks mentioned above. Candidates who have qualified NET and or SET or any equivalent National Level Examination are exempted from the written test, but not from the interview/viva-voce. Candidates of any stream of M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS and other PG degrees from recognized universities are eligible to apply for the subject “Women Studies”
University of Calcutta MPhil Application Form 2017
The prescribed Application Form for admission to M. Phil courses for the session 2017 (January) –2018 (December) can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in. Downloaded application forms completed in all respect with the proof of payment of . 500/= for General and . 250/= for SC/ST/PWD category. Challans are to be procured from C.U. Cash Counter and endorsed by the concerned Office of the Secretary before depositing the application fees.
Submission of Forms
Completed Application Forms except Education, Sociology, Library & Information science and Women Studies will be received by the Office of the Secretary, UCAC, (College Street Campus, CU), Room No. 3G, Asutosh Building (Ground Floor) between 11 am and 3 pm on all working days by 25/11/2016 (the last date of submission) with all relevant documents – self Attested but original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of application form.Forms for Education, Sociology and Women Studies will be received by the concerned Department at the Alipur Campus, CU, 1 Reformatory Street, Kolkata – 700 027 within the date and time mentioned above .Forms for Library & Information Science will be received by the Office of the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor), College Street Campus, CU within the date and time mentioned above .
- . 4000/- to be paid by the selected candidates at the time of admission (except Library & Information Science).
- For Library & Information Science (a) . 625/- per month for non-sponsored students, (b) . 875/-per month for sponsored Indian students, (c) US $ 1000/- or its equivalent for foreign or NRI students to be paid at the time of admission. [Admission fees: . 500/- and Library fees . 400/- extra].Mode of payment will be informed later on.
- For further information, C.U. website ( www.caluniv.ac.in ) /Notice Board of the concerned Department are to be followed from time to time.
University of Calcutta MPhil Exam Date 2017
- Last date for submission on application form – 25th November, 2016