University of Calicut Phd Exam Details :: Calicut University Phd 2016 Syllabus
Calicut University Phd Entrance Exam 2016
University of Calicut Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the admission to the Ph.D. Program under the streams (1) Full – Time and (2) Part – Time in the following streams for the academic year 2016.
- Faculties of Science
- Language & Literature
- Commerce & Management Studies
- Journalism and Fine Arts
University of Calicut PhD Entrance Exam Date 2016
|University of Calicut PhD 2016 Exam Date : 17th December, 2015 ( Thursday );|
Calicut University PhD 2016 Eligibility for Admission
For admission to the Ph.D. Program in a related subject in the faculty, applicants fulfilling the following criteria shall be treated as eligible
- Persons having passed Post Graduate Degree ( Master Degree ) Examination with at least 50% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average ( GPA ) of this University or an equivalent degree recognized by University of Calicut. Relaxation for minimum marks are applicable to reserve category students.
Persons working in National Laboratories – Institutes / Universities / Government / Private Organization nominated / sponsored by the respective employer. These persons should have a Post Graduate Degree with 50% marks, and holding a permanent position there.
- Above – mentioned rules will also be applicable to the foreign candidates who have obtained a Masters Degree from the statutory Indian Universities or equivalent degree from abroad.
- Teachers of the Colleges, aided or government, affiliated to the University, Secondary and Higher Secondary Teachers. For teachers of this University and working in Aided colleges affiliated to this University, 1.a, shall be relaxed.
- Application for research in inter – disciplinary areas and from applicants belonging to a faculty or subject other than the faculty or subject in which the research is proposed to be done and from the international candidates ( Those who have not obtained the Master’s degree from Indian Universities ) shall be considered on the basis of the proven ability and aptitude of the researcher for such kind of research. Such proposal shall be examined by the Guide and the Head, place of research and place before the Research Admission Committee for recommending for admission. The admission will be confirmed after the Research Admission Committee, approves the topic.
- Percentage of marks for foreign candidates ( Those who have not obtained Master’s degree from Indian Universities ) will be 50% or equivalent GPA.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST category and those having 40% or more physical disability, require only a pass in the qualifying PG degree examination.
Calicut University PhD 2016 Entrance Test
- Research Departments may conduct the entrance test
- All the candidates getting a minimum of 50% marks in the entrance test are qualified to apply for registration to Ph.D Programme. A minimum of 35% marks in the entrance test is required in the case of
SC/ST candidates to the seats reserved for them ( subject to availability of seats ).
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Teachers of Affiliated, Aided and Govt. colleges under the University of Calicut, and teachers with FDP / QIP, etc., fellowships, and teachers of the University Departments are exempted from the entrance test.
- Candidates having research fellowships from Central or State funding agencies are also exempted from the entrance test. Qualified in GATE ( valid score* ) / GPAT ( valid score* ) / JRF / SRF examination of the apex bodies such as CSIR / UGC / ICAR / ICMR / DBT and DST inspire fellowship only. * the cut off score will be decided by the concerned Department Council.
- M. Phil. Degree holders, i.e regular M.Phil Degree ( with equivalency ) with compulsory Course Work and Methodology in the relevant area of Ph.D research. The relevant area shall be ascertained by the Doctoral Committee.
- Foreign nationals who are otherwise eligible for admission.
- Full-time fellows, who have been selected on the basis of a written test and interview, working in a research project under the investigation of a research guide of the University.
- NET qualified candidates.
Calicut University PhD Hall Ticket 2016
The online Registration I.D.No. is mandatory for downloading hall tickets for the entrance examinations. This I.D.No should also be kept and mentioned by the candidate in all future communications. The candidates can download hall tickets for the entrance examination from www.cuonline.ac.in. 3 days before the date of entrance examination. No individual communication regarding entrance exam will be sent to the candidates and the candidates shall go through the University Websites and the University Press release for the latest informaton.
Calicut University PhD 2016 Application Procedure
Applications can be submitted on line from 28th November, 2015 to 11th December, 2015 midnight. Please see the link ‘fee remittance’ in the Admission Website ( www.cuonline.ac.in ) or the link ‘instant web payment system’ in the Official Website of the University ( www.universityofcalicut.info ) for remitting fee and submitting online application. The application and entrance examination fee of 550/- ( SC / ST 220/- ) shall be remitted to Calicut University Fund ( Select the purpose ‘ Application and entrance examination fee for Ph.D admission 2016’ ) by e-payment ( SBT online / SBT e-chalan / Friends / Akshaya e-chalan ).
The print out of the application duly attested by a gazetted officer along with e-challan receipt of 550/- ( 220/- for SC / ST candidates) towards application and Entrance Examination fee ( SC / ST candidates shall also attach a copy of the community certificate along with application ) should reach the Head of the University Teaching Departments concerned on or before 15th December, 2015 5.00 PM. However, in the case of those subjects, which have not been offered in the Teaching Departments of this University, such applications should be submitted to the following address on or before 15th December, 2015 5.00 PM.
Directorate of Admission,
University of Calicut
University of Calicut PhD 2016 Important Dates