Dibrugarh University BEd 2018 Entrance Exam
Dibrugarh University conducts a Common Entrance Test Dibrugarh University BEd CET 2018 to provisionally selected candidates for admission into the B.Ed. Course offered in different colleges and the Department of Education under Dibrugarh University for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
The 2 year B.Ed. Program of Dibrugarh University is recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education ( NCTE ). At present the B.Ed. Program is offered by the following institutions affiliated to ( recognizd by ) Dibrugarh University
- Department of Education, Dibrugarh University
- Government Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat ( IASE )
- Lakhimpur Post Graduate Training College, Lakhimpur
- College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia
- KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat
- College of Teacher Education, Golaghat
- Namrup College of Teacher Education, Namrup
- Dhemaji Post Graduate Training College, Dhemaji
- Bihpuria Post Graduate Training College, Bihpuria
- Digboi B.Ed. College, Digboi
- Parijat Academy Teacher Education Institution, Dibrugarh
- College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana
- Sibsagar College of Teachers’ Education, Joyasagar
- DIET, Lakhimpur, Azad
- North Eastern Institute of Management Science, Jorhat
The recognition of the colleges is subject to change as per National Council for Teacher Education ( NCTE ) directives.
Duration of the course
- Two Years ( August, 2018 to July, 2020 ) / Four Semesters
Dibrugarh University BEd 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate with at least 50% marks ( in Aggregate ) either in the Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities; OR Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology of Dibrugarh University, or any other University recognized by Dibrugarh University with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Candidate must clear the B.Ed. Common Entrance Test conducted by the University for that academic session.
- In the eligibility criteria, a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks shall be provided to the candidates
- belonging to the SC / ST / OBC / MOBC / PWD categories.
- having a minimum of 5 ( five ) years teaching experience in a school recognized at least up to the 10th standard by the Board of Secondary Education, Assam.
- A candidate can avail the benefit of relaxation of marks only in any one of the above categories.
A candidate securing 50% marks or more in the Honours / Major subject but less than 50 % in aggregate in all the courses / papers of the Bachelor’s degree will not be eligible for admission to B.Ed. programme, as the requirement is 50% marks in the aggregate.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2018 Number of seats
Reservation of seats
- There will be statutory reservation under various categories as follows
- SC – 7%
- ST ( P ) – 10%
- ST ( H ) – 5%
- OBC / MOBC – 15%
- PWD – 3% ( candidates who are very negligibly disabled by visual deficiency and the like, shall not be eligible for consideration under this reserved category )
- Candidates who have appeared in the Degree final examinations are eligible for appearing in the B. Ed CET, 2018. However, admission of such candidates shall be considered, as per norms, only if the degree results are declared by 25th July, 2018.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2018 Exam Pattern
The Entrance Test shall carry a total of 70 marks consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) on the following areas
- General English ( 15 )
- General Knowledge ( 20 )
- Test of Reasoning ( 15 )
- Numerical ability ( 10 )
- Teaching Aptitude ( 10 )
Dibrugarh University BEd test will be of 1 hour 30 minutes duration from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Dibrugarh University BEd 2018 Application Form
How to apply
- Application form will be available at the website www.dibru.ac.in.
- Last date for submission of application is 10th June, 2018.
- Application for B.Ed. CET 2018 will be through online mode only. No other means of application will be accepted.
- The candidate shall be required to register in the website by entering Full Name, Username, Password and a Mobile Number to login. The candidate will get an “Activation Code” in the Mobile Number which is to be entered for Activation.
- After Activation, the candidate shall be required to log in with his / her user name and password and shall be required to fill up the Online Application Form with correct and appropriate information.
- The applicant can save and review the information entered before submission, which can be edited on subsequent login. However, after submission, editing of information shall not be possible.
- On submission of the Online Application Form by an applicant, an Admit Card with a Unique Roll Number shall be generated against each successful submission of the Application. The Candidate shall have to take a print out of the Admit Card and bring the same to the Examination Hall on the Date of the Test for verification.
- The applicant shall have to pay the B.Ed. CET Fee of 700/- only through the online payment gateway by using Debit ( ATM ) Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking during the submission of form.
- No other mode of payment is acceptable.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2018 Exam Centres
The Dibrugarh University 2018 BEd Common Entrance Test will be conducted in the following centres
|Name of the Centre||Centre Code|
|Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh||1801|
|Govt. Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat||1802|
|KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat||1803|
|College of Teacher Education, Golaghat||1804|
|Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, North Lakhimpur||1805|
|Dhemaji P.G.T. College, Dhemaji||1806|
|College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia||1807|
|College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana||1808|
|Sibsagar College of Teacher Education, Sivasagar||1809|
Dibrugarh University BEd 2018 Selection process
Selection for admission into the B.Ed. Programme in any institution under Dibrugarh University will be based on the following
- A Common Entrance Test ( CET ) to be conducted centrally, which will carry a maximum of 70 marks.
- The career performance will carry a maximum of 30 marks, on the basis of the percentage secured in the HSLC, HS, the First Degree and / or Master’s Degree Examination.
- 10% of the percentage of marks secured in H.S.L.C., H.S., Bachelor’s Degree and / or Master’s Degree Examination shall be considered as career performance in each examination. For example If a student gets 53% in the first Degree Examination ( Major / Aggregate ), his / her career performance marks in that examination will be 5.3.
The candidates, who cleared the B.Ed. CET, 2018, shall have to apply for admission into the institution of their choice. The concerned institutions will select the candidates for admission on the basis of their marks in the CET and Career Performance. The marks on the career performance will be awarded by the respective institutions.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2018 Important Dates
|1||Online Application portal activates on||07th May, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Submission of the online Application||10th June, 2018|
|3||Date of the B.Ed. CET, 2018||24th June, 2018|
|4||Date for Declaration of the Result||10th July, 2018|
|5||Completion of Admission Process||31st July, 2018|
|6||Commencement of Classes||01st August, 2018|
Department of Education,
Dibrugarh – 786 004,
Website : www.dibru.ac.in