Dibrugarh University BEd 2017 Entrance Exam
Dibrugarh University conducts a Common Entrance Test Dibrugarh University BEd CET 2017 to provisionally selected candidates for admission into the B.Ed. Course offered in different colleges and the Department of Education under Dibrugarh University for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
The 2 year B.Ed. Program of Dibrugarh University is recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education ( NCTE ). At present the B.Ed. Program is offered by the following institutions affiliated to ( recognizd by ) Dibrugarh University :
- Department of Education, Dibrugarh University
- Government Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat (IASE )
- Lakhimpur Post Graduate Training College, Lakhimpur
- College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia
- KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat
- College of Teacher Education, Golaghat
- Namrup College of Teacher Education, Namrup
- Dhemaji Post Graduate Training College, Dhemaji
- Bihpuria Post Graduate Training College, Bihpuria
- Digboi B.Ed. College, Digboi
- Parijat Academy Teacher Education Institution, Dibrugarh
- College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana
- Sibsagar College of Teachers’ Education, Joyasagar
- DIET, Lakhimpur, Azad
Note : The recognition of the colleges is subject to change as per National Council for Teacher Education ( NCTE ) directives.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for admission to B.Ed Program of Dibrugarh University shall be as follows :
- Candidates with at least 50% marks (in Aggregate )*, in the Bachelor’s degree and / or in the Master’s degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities / Commerce OR Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology of Dibrugarh University or from any other recognized University with Science and Mathematics securing at least 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the program.
**A candidate securing 50% marks or more in the Honours / Major subject but less than 50 % in aggregate in all the courses / papers of the Bachelor’s degree will not be eligible for admission to B.Ed. program, as the requirement is 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Candidate must clear the B.Ed. Common Entrance Test conducted by the University for that academic session.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2017 Application Form
For submission of the Online Application Form, intending candidates are advised to follow the following instructions:
- The candidate shall be required to register in the portal www.dibru.online by entering Full Name, Username, Password and a Mobile Number to login. The candidate will get an “Activation Code” in the Mobile Number which is to be entered for Activation.
- After Activation, the candidate shall be required to log in with his/ her user name and password and shall be required to fill up the Online Application Form with correct and appropriate information.
- The applicant shall have to pay the B.Ed. CET Fee of . 600/- only through the online payment gateway by using Debit ( ATM ) Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking during the submission of form. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
- The applicant can save and review the information entered before submission, which can be edited on subsequent login. However, after submission, editing of information shall not be possible.
- On submission of the Online Application Form by an applicant, an Admit Card with a Unique Roll Number shall be generated against each successful submission of the Application. The Candidate shall have to take a print out of the Admit Card and bring to the Examination Hall on the Date of the Test for verification.
- The Submission of Online Application Forms shall be automatically closed after the last date.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2017 Application Form Submission
The Applications sent by post shall have to reach at the following address latest by 05th June, 2017 to the following address :
Office of the Deputy Registrar ( Academic ) & Member Secretary,
B.Ed. CET Cell, 2017,
PIN : 786004.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2017 Selection Procedure
Dibrugarh University Selection for admission into the B.Ed. Program in any institution under Dibrugarh University will be based on the following :
- A Common Entrance Test ( CET ) to be conducted centrally, which will carry a maximum of 70 marks.
- The career performance will carry a maximum of 30 marks, on the basis of the percentage secured in the HSLC, HS, the First Degree and / or Master’s Degree Examination.
- 10% of the percentage of marks secured in H.S.L.C., H.S., Bachelor’s Degree and / or Master’s Degree Examination shall be considered as career performance in each examination. For example : If a student gets 53% in the first Degree Examination ( Major / Aggregate ), his / her career performance marks in that examination will be 5.3.
Note : The candidates, who clear the BEd CET 2017, shall have to apply for admission into the institution of their choice. The concerned institutions will select the candidates for admission on the basis of their marks on the CET and Career Performance. The marks on the career performance will be awarded by the respective institutions.
B.Ed. Common Entrance Test ( CET )
A Common Entrance Test will be conducted by Dibrugarh University to provisionally select candidates for admission into the B.Ed. Programme offered by the affiliated colleges and the Department of Education of Dibrugarh University.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2017 Exam Pattern
Dibrugarh University BEd Entrance Test shall carry a total of 70 marks consisting of multiple choice questions divided into following areas :
- General English (15)*
- General Knowledge (20)
- Test of Reasoning (15)
- Numerical ability (10)
- Teaching Aptitude (10)
Dibrugarh University BEd test will be of 1 hour 30 minutes duration from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
*The General English component of the paper will include both Grammar & Comprehension to test general awareness of the candidate on the subject.
Dibrugarh University BEd 2017 Exam Centres
The Dibrugarh University 2017 BEd Common Entrance Test will be conducted in the following centres :
|Name of the Centre||Centre Code|
|Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh||1701|
|Govt. Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat||1702|
|KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat||1703|
|College of Teacher Education, Golaghat||1704|
|Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, North Lakhimpur||1705|
|Dhemaji P.G.T. College, Dhemaji||1706|
|College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia||1707|
|College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana||1708|
|Sibsagar College of Teacher Education, Sivasagar||1709|
Dibrugarh University BEd 2017 Important Dates
|Date of Availability of the CET Application Forms from||18th May, .2017|
|Last Date for Submission of the CET Application Forms||05th June, 2017|
|Date of the B.Ed. CET, Entrance Exam 2017||18th June, 2017|
|Date for Declaration of CET Result||07th July, 2017|
|Last Date for Completion of Admission Process||31st July, 2017|
|Commencement of Classes||1st August, 2017|
Department of Education,
Dibrugarh – 786 004,
Website : www.dibru.ac.in