Dibrugarh University P.G. Diploma Course in Tea Technology and Plantation Management ( PGDTTPM ) 2017 – 18
Dibrugarh University in consultation with the Tea Industries has been conducting a Post Graduate Diploma Course in Tea Technology and Plantation Management ( PGDTTPM ) from the session 2007-2008. The course is of 2 ( two ) semesters with a total duration of 1 ( one ) year.
Dibrugarh University PGDTTPM Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates having Bachelor degree in any stream including Agriculture, Engineering / Technology, Business Administration and Computer Application from any recognised University securing at least 40% in Major or 45% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates appearing / due to appear in the final year of their respective qualifying examinations in April / May 2015 are also eligible to apply but their eligibility for admission shall be considered only when they obtain the minimum qualifying marks and produce original mark sheet of the final year at the time of admission.
Dibrugarh University PG Admission Selection Process 2017
Selection of candidates for admission will be made on merit and an entrance test followed by an interview and group discussion. The question paper shall be of 50 marks, one and half hour duration and will consist of multiple choice type questions ( 40 ) on general awareness, quantitative aptitude, test of reasoning and basic knowledge on tea and related industry plus English writing ( 10 ). There shall be no negative marking. There shall be 50 marks for interview / group discussion ( 40 ), career and extra-curricular activities ( 10 ).
Dibrugarh University PGDTTPM Test Centre
The venue for the Entrance Test will be the Centre for Juridical Studies, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh-786004.
Dibrugarh University PGDTTPM Seats
Intake capacity :
The intake capacity of the course is 20 seats ( 16 open, 2 endowment and 2 in the sponsored categories respectively ). In case, no sponsored candidate is available then the seats reserved for this category ( i.e. 2 seats ) shall be filled up from the endowment category.
Dibrugarh University PGDTTPM Fee structure 2017
|Category||Open seats||Endowment seats||Sponsored seats|
|No. of Seats||16 ( Sixteen )||2 ( Two )||2 ( Two )*|
|One time fee||Nil||35,000/-||45,000/-|
|Course fee per Semester||25,000/- plus Admission and annual fees||25,000/- plus Admission and annual fees||25,000/- plus Admission and annual fees|
*Sponsored candidates have the option to get admission to any of the two semesters i.e. in First Semester ( Certificate course in Tea Technology ) or in Second Semester ( Certificate course in Tea Plantation Management ). Provided further that such sponsored candidates shall have the option to complete both the certificate courses/semesters within a span of five years and to qualify for the Post Graduate Diploma in Tea Technology and Plantation Management ( PGDTTPM ).
How to apply for Dibrugarh University PGDM Admission 2017
The intending candidates need to apply online through the “Online Application Submission” portal of Dibrugarh University which is available at www.dibru.online. The application fee of 300/- needs to be paid at the time of applying online through Debit / Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking. On successful submission of the Application, an Acknowledgement Receipt will be generated. Candidates are advised to download and print the Acknowledgement Receipt along with the submitted Application Form and Admit Card for future reference. The step by step instruction of the Application Process is available on the homepage of the “Online Application Submission” portal.
Dibrugarh University PGDM Important Dates 2017
|Issue of Forms||5th June, 2017 onwards|
|Last Date of Issue & Submission of Forms||26th July, 2017|
|Entrance Test||29th July, 2017|
|Announcement of Results of Entrance Test||1st August, 2017|
|Interview and Group Discussion||4th August, 2017|
|Declaration of Results and Merit List||8th August, 2017|
|Date of Admission||11th August, 2017|
|Commencement of Classes||16th August, 2017|
- The list of the selected candidates to be selected for admission will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test, interview / group discussion and career will be notified in the Notice Board and Website of the University on 8th August, 2017. No personal intimation to individual candidates will be sent.
- The selected candidates must take admission on the same day i.e.11th August, 2017 by depositing necessary fees etc.
- Original testimonials and certificates must be produced at the time of interview.
Dibrugarh University Contact Details :
Mr. B.C. Bora
Deputy Registrar ( Academic ),
Dibrugarh 786004, Assam,
Phone No. : 0373 – 2370336 (O), 99547 25765 (M).
Prof. P.K. Borua
Director in – charge,
Centre for Tea and Agro Studies,
Phone No. : 0373 – 2371040 (O), 9954778001, 9435033279(M).