Indian Institute of Science Bangalore 2019Exams Date »
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore 2019
Indian Institute of Science invites admission application for UG, PG and PG Research programs for the academic year 2019.
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore Courses Offered 2019
- BSc ( Research )
- Earth & Environmental Science
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Microelectronic Systems
- Signal Processing
- Systems Engineering
- Transportation & Infrastructure Engineering
- Climate Science
- Computational Data Science
- Earth Science
- Electronic Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Communication & Networks
- Nano Science & Engineering
- Product Design and Manufacturing
- Business Analytics
- Technology Management
PG Research programs
- Integrated PhD program
- Biological Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore Eligibility 2019
- Candidates should have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2018 or are expecting to complete it in 2019 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. In addition to it, the candidate should have scored at least 60% marks in the II PUC / 12th Standard examination.
- Candidate should passed Minimum second class in a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of Engineering / Technology with a valid GATE score and Master’s degree in Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Instrumentation, Electronics
- Otherwise, Master’s in Computer Application with a valid GATE score
- Candidate should passed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Design / Architecture with valid GATE / CEED scores
- Candidate should passed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent degree with a valid GATE / CAT / GMAT scores
Integrated PhD :
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Pharmacy / Veterinary Sciences / Agriculture as applicable to individual disciplines, under the 10+2+3 / 4 system, are eligible to apply to this program.
- Candidates with BE / B Tech degrees who qualify in the Mathematics / Mathematical Statistics paper in JAM are eligible to apply for the Mathematical Sciences.
- Candidates with BE / B Tech degrees who qualify in the Biotechnology paper in JAM are eligible to apply to the Biological Sciences.
- Candidates who seek admission to the Integrated Ph.D programmes at IISc should qualify in JAM 2019 and must submit the IISc online application during February / March 2019. The JAM result must be updated online in the Applicant’s Interface immediately after the JAM results are announced.
- Candidates who have cleared JEST 2019 and seek admission to the Integrated Ph.D programme in the Physical Sciences are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Qualification
- The minimum requirement for admission to the Integrated Ph.D program is a first class or equivalent Grade in the Bachelor’s degree ( as declared by the University ) as indicated against each department.
- The minimum requirement of a first class in the qualifying examination is relaxed to pass class for SC / ST candidates.
- Some departments have specific requirements of subjects at the Bachelor’s or 10+2 levels. Candidates have to ensure that they meet these requirements.
- Those in the final year of their qualifying examination and awaiting results are also eligible to apply. However, they should have completed all the requirements for the award of the qualifying degree, including all examinations, dissertation projects, viva-voce, etc., by the time of joining, i.e., by the end of July, 2019.
- Integrated Ph.D Programmes – The disciplines, minimum qualifications and areas of research are listed in the table given below. Candidates can choose to apply to a maximum of 2 disciplines.
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore Application Form 2019
- Indian Institute of Science admission application form will be available at website : www.iisc.ac.in.
- UG programs Application registration fee for General / OBC ₹ 500/-, for SC / ST / PwD ( person with disability ) ₹ 250/-.
- PG programs Application registration fee for General / OBC ₹ 800/-, for SC / ST / PwD ( person with disability ) ₹ 400/-, for ERP candidates ( all categories ) ₹ 2000/- and for Sponsored candidates from Defence, DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NAL, NTRO, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA PWD and CPRI ₹ 800/-.
- To fill the application form, The Candidate will need information about the following documents :
- Certificate / Mark sheets of: 10th Std, 12th Std / Diploma, UG Degree and / or PG Degree.
- Details ( Registration / Roll Numbers, Paper Code and Score etc.) of GATE / CSIR-UGC-NET for JRF / UGC-NET for JRF / ICMR JRF / DBT JRF / JEST / NBHM.
- Payment Option : Decide on the mode of payment you prefer towards the application fee. Mode of payment available are – Net banking, Visa Card / Master Card, Debit / Credit Cards. Application fee is ₹ 800/- for GN / OBC & ₹ 400/- for SC / ST / PwD candidates, bank charges extra.
- A scanned image of your passport size photograph ( to be uploaded ).
- A scanned image of your signature ( to be uploaded ).
- A scanned image of your caste certificate ( to be uploaded ).
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore Selection Procedure 2019
- Based on merit in KVPY / JEE Main / JEE Advanced / NEET – UG
- Based on valid GATE score
- Based on GATE / CEED score and the performance in Design Aptitude Test and interview
- Based on GATE / CAT / GMAT scores and performance in the group discussion and interview
- Based on the combined performance in the JAM and in the Interview.
- Physical Sciences : JEST scores will also be considered for Physical Sciences discipline.
- Chemical Sciences : Based only on the performance in the Interview
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore Important Dates 2019
|1||Release of application||1st week of February, 2019|
|2||Closing date of application||Last week of April, 2019|
|3||Last date to submit the scores of KVPY, IIT-JEE ( Main ) , IIT-JEE ( Advance ) & NEET exam||Within 1 week from the date of announcement of result|
|4||Reporting at IISc for admission||Last week of July, 2019|
|5||online submission of applications||1st week of February, 2019|
|6||Last date to submit the application||4th week of March, 2019|
|7||Last date for receipt of application for Sponsored / ERP candidates||Last week of March, 2019|
|8||Last date to submit the scores of Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF / UGC NET for JRF / ICMR-JRF / DBTJRF / JEST exams||Last week of April, 2019|
|9||Aptitude Test / Interview for M.Tech & M.Mgt||3rd week of April, 2019 ( for M.Mgt ) and 3rd week of May, 2019 ( for M.Tech )|
|10||Reporting at IISc||4th week of July, 2019|
|11||Commencement of classes||1st week of August, 2019|
|12||Website opens for online submission of applications||1st October, 2018|
|13||Last dates for online submission of applications||31st October, 2018|
|14||Interview Date||19th and 20th November, 2018|
|15||Date of Reporting at IISc||31st December, 2018|
|16||Commencement of Session||1st January, 2019|
Indian Institute of Science,
CV Raman Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012, India.,
Phone No. : +91-80-23600757,
Fax : +91 – 80 – 2360 0683,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.iisc.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.