GNDU Entrance Exam 2015
Guru Nanak Dev University,
Website : www.gndu.ac.in.
The UGC / CSIR / INSPIRE / Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees or candidates who are awarded fellowships directly by these or other funding agencies for the purpose of pursuing PhD can be enrolled any time during the session. NET / GATE qualified project fellows appointed against financed projects of at least two years duration can also be registered for PhD any time during the session.
Guru Nanak Dev University invites application for admission to the PhD Program for the year 2015 – 2016.
GNDU PhD 2015 Entrance Exam Date
|GNDU PhD 2015 Exam Date : 27th July, 2015; ( Monday ) 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM.|
List of the Departments for GNDU PhD Eligibility Test 2015
|Candidate Category||GATE 2013 Payment Mode||GATE 2013 Application Fee||Bank Charges||Total to be Paid|
|Male General / OBC - NC||Online Netbanking||1200||10||1210|
|Canara Bank Challan||1200||20||1220|
|Male SC / ST / PD||Online Netbanking||600||10||610|
|Canara Bank Challan||600||20||620|
|Female||No Application Fee|
Candidates who are NET / GATE / MPhil from GNDU / Direct Fellowship Awardees in these subjects and other subjects are exempted from test but will have to submit the application online stating the same in ‘other qualifications’. No test will be conducted for courses other than those given above.
GNDU PhD 2015 Eligibility
Masters degree of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, with at least 55% marks ( 50% marks for SC / ST candidates ), in the subject concerned or in an allied subject, or a Masters Degree with at least 55% marks ( 50% marks for SC / ST candidates ) which is recognised by the Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, as an equivalent qualification for admission to its PhD program.
GNDU PhD 2015 Eligibility Test
- GNDU PhD eligibility test will be conducted for the courses in which there are not sufficient number of NET and other qualified candidates to fill in seats for the PhD program, as per the prevailing ordinances of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, for its PhD programs.
- The minimum qualifying marks required to pass in the GNDU PhD eligibility test have been fixed as 55% marks ( 50% marks for SC / ST candidates ) in the aforesaid eligibility test for admission to PhD program. The Guru Nanak Dev University PhD eligibility test will be only a qualifying examination / step for participating in the counseling for admission, and the other conditions for PhD admission will be as per the prevailing ordinances of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, for its PhD programs. Mere qualifying in the GNDU PhD eligibility test does not ensure admission to PhD.
- The syllabus for the GNDU PhD eligibility test for admission to PhD program will be the same as prescribed for NET conducted by respective regulatory bodies. In case of subjects where NET is not conducted, the syllabus for the test will be notified by the concerned Head of the Department.
There will be two question papers :
- The first paper will be compulsory and common to all candidates. It will consist of 25 multiple choice questions of general awareness and mental ability, and will carry 25 marks.
- The second paper will be subject specific. The candidates will be required to attempt 50 objective type questions, each question carrying 1 mark, and 5 short answer type questions ( out of 15 ), each question carrying 5 marks.
GNDU 2015 Online Application Form
Guru Nanak Dev University PhD applications are available only on the university website http://www.gndu.ac.in.
Last date for GNDU application form to be submitted online only is 17 July, 2015.
GNDU PhD 2015 Counseling
Guru Nanak Dev University PhD counseling will be held on 03rd August, 2015 in the respective departments, except for Agriculture for which RDC will be notified separately.
NET / GATE / MPhil from GNDU / Direct Fellowship Awardees in following Subjects are Exempted from PhD Eligibility Test but will have to Apply Online :
|GATE 2013 Paper||GATE 2013 Section||GATE 2013 Section Title|
|XL : Life Sciences|
MPhil from other universities are not exempted from PhD eligibility test.
GNDU PhD 2015 Important Dates
- Date of Guru Nanak Dev University entrance exam is 27th July, 2015.
- Last date for GNDU application form to be submitted online only is 17th July, 2015.
- GNDU PhD Counseling date is 3rd August, 2015.