Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)Exams Date »
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2021
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Gate invites form candidates following PG courses for the acadmic session 2021
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE PG courses offered 2021
- M. Sc. / M.A. / MCA
- M.E. / M.Tech ( Post-B.Sc. )
- M.E. / M.Tech. or Dual Degree ( after Diploma or 10+2 )
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE Eligibility 2021
- M. Sc. / M.A. / MCA : Currently in the final year or already completed
- M.E. / M.Tech ( Post-B.Sc. ) : Currently in the 2nd /3rd / 4th year or already completed
- M.E. / M.Tech. or Dual Degree : ( after Diploma or 10+2 ) : Currently in the 4th / 5th year or already completed
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE Exam Pattern 2021
- Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) : carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to select (mark) the correct answer.
- Negative Marking for Wrong Answers : For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1 /3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2 /3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) : Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. For these questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered by the candidate using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor (keyboard of the computer will be disabled ). No choices will be shown for these type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 or -10 (an integer only ). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 ( one decimal ) or 10.01 ( two decimals ) or -10.001 ( three decimals ). These questions will be mentioned with, up to which decimal places, the candidates need to present the answer. Also, for some NAT type problems an appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not unduly penalized due to the usual round-off errors. Wherever required and possible, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE Application Form 2021
- Application form details will be available of the website : www.gate.iitm.ac.in
- Personal information ( name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc. ) Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department / Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his / her study. GATE 2021 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix / title such as Mr / Shri / Dr / Mrs / Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication ( including PIN code )
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper ( subject )
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format ( Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute ( in the format specified in
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate ( if applicable ) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate ( if applicable ) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate ( if applicable ) in pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document ( ID ) ( The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall )
- Net-banking / debit card / credit card details for fee payment
- Application fees will be payment for candidates₹ 500
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE Admit Card 2021
- The Admit Card for GATE 2021 will be available ONLY on GOAPS website. A candidate has to download his / her Admit Card from this website. The Admit Card would be available for download, tentatively from 4th January, 2021. Note that the Admit Cards will NOT be sent to the candidates by post / e-mail.
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document ( NO photocopy / scanned copy / NOT an expired document), which was specified during the filling up of the online application ( for example : Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License )
- The Admit Card is valid if and ONLY if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A 4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably a color printer. Both, the GATE 2021 Admit Card and the Original ID proof are essential for entry into the examination hall.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE Exam Centres 2021
- IISc Bangalore Bengaluru – 560 012 : Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Ballari ( Bellary ), Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru North, Bengaluru South, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi ( Hubli ), Hyderabad, Kalaburagi ( Gulbarga ), Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru ( Mysore ), Palakkad, Payyanur, PortBlair, Shivamogga ( Shimoga ), Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara
- IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400 076 : Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, ankavli, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara
- IIT Delhi, HauzKhas, New Delhi – 110 016 : Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh, Bikaner, Faridabad-Palwal, Greater NOIDA, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Rohtak, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur-Chittorgarh, Ujjain
- IIT Guwahati Guwahati – 781 039 : gate-jam Agartala, Arrah, Asansol-Durgapur, Bokaro Steel City, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur
- IIT Kanpur Kanpur – 208 016 : Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi
- IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur – 721 302 : Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada (AP), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Srikakulam, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram
- IIT Madras Chennai – 600 036 : Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla – Chirala, Chengannur, Chennai South, Chennai West, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kodad, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thoothukudi (Tuticorin), Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal
- IIT Roorkee Roorkee – 247 667 : Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi ( HP ), Bathinda, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani- Bhimtal, Hamirpur ( HP ), Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, NOIDA, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla, Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar
- International GATE, IIT Madras : Addis Ababa ( Ethiopia ), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka ( Bangladesh ), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu ( Nepal ), Singapore
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE Results 2021
- GATE 2021 results will be announced on the March, 2021 and will be available on the GOAPS Website. GATE 2021 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE Important Dates 2021
|1.||GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ) Website Opens||1st September, 2018|
|2.||Closing Date for Submission of ( Online ) Application ( through Website )||21st September, 2018|
|3.||Extended Closing Date for Submission of ( Online ) Application (through Website )||1st October, 2018|
|4.||Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City ( an additional fee will be applicable )||16th November, 2018|
|5.||Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal ( for printing )||4th January, 2019|
|6.||GATE 2019 Examination Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 Noon ( Tentative ) Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM ( Tentative )||2nd February, 2019
3rd February, 2019
9th February, 2019
10th February, 2019
|7.||Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||16th March, 2019|
Indian Institute of Technology,
Guwahati 781039, Assam,
Phone : 0361-258-6500,
Website : www.gate.iitm.ac.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.