Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship – GSET 2013
GSET 2013 for Lectureship
The Member Secratary,
Gujarat State Eligibility Test ( Gujarat SET ),
B – Bloc, “Chameli Baug”, Nr. University Guest House,
Prof.C.C. Mehta Road, Vadodara – 390 002,
Phone No. : +91 0265 2786337.
Website : http://www.gujaratset.ac.in/.
The Gujarat SET Agency, The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara announces holding of the 9th Gujarat State Eligibility Test – GSET 2013 determining the Eligibility for Lectureship in universities and colleges of Gujarat State.
Gujarat SET Agency will conduct GSET 2013 in 19 subjects at 6 Centres in Gujarat.
The candidates who qualify the Gujarat State Eligibility Test for eligibility for Lectureship will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lecturers of the concerned Universities / Colleges / State Government of Gujarat State, as the case may be.
GSET 2013 Exam Date
|Gujarat SET 2013 Lectureship Exam Date : 22nd September, 2013|
GSET 2013 Lectureship Eligibility Criteria
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year of a UGC specified Master’ s degree.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( General / OBC ) ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences etc. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Physically Handicapped ( PH ) / Visually Handicapped ( VH ) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off ) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree examination or whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks ( 50% marks in case of SC / ST / PH / VH category candidates ). These candidates must obtain their PG degree / marksheet within two years from the date of SET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks ( i.e., from 55% to 50% ) for appearing in the SET Examination.
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master’s Degree cannot appear for this test.
- Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- There is no upper age limit.
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc.( by Research ) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH / VH / OBC ( latest Non – Creamy Layer certificate ) category are required to submit an attested copy of their Certificate alongwith the Online Printout of their Application Forms. Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates / documents in support of their eligibility along with printout of their Application Form. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility detected by the agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post – graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ), New Delhi. ( www.aiuweb.org. )
- Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the Test. If in the event of you being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason ( including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc. ), the award may be withdrawn by Gujarat SET Agency.
- Any qualified / not – qualified candidate will not get any marksheet from SET agency. The SET agency will issue certificates to the qualifying candidates only.
GSET 2013 Exemption Eligibility
- Exemption from SET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and State Government from time to time.
- NET / SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded PhD Degree in compliance of the “University Grants Commission ( minimum standards and procedure for award of PhD Degree ), Regulation 2009, shall be exempt from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.” The candidates who have passed the UGC / CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test ( SET ) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June, 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June, 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the universities / colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.
GSET 2013 Exam Scheme and Structure
The GSET Examination 2013 for Lectureship will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 22nd September, 2013 in two separate sessions as under :
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||9.30 AM to 10.45 AM|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||11.00 AM to 12.15 PM|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2.00 PM to 4.30 PM|
i. Paper – I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty ( 60 ) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty ( 50 ). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
ii. Paper – II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
iii. Paper – III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
iv. No Negative Marking for GSET 2013 Examination.
v. Candidates are required to appear in all three papers. A candidate who does not appear in Paper – I and Paper – II will not be permitted to appear in Paper – III.
vi. The questions in all three papers will appear both in Gujarati and English versions ( except for languages and science subjects ). In case of any discrepancy in Gujarati and English version of questions in Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III, the English Version should be taken as final.
vii. Minimum marks to be obtained in Gujarat SET ( GSET ) for considering a candidate for eligibility for lectureship. The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III as given below :
|Category||Minimum Marks ( % ) to be obtained|
|Paper - I||Paper - II||Paper - III|
|General||40 ( 40% )||40 ( 40% )||75 ( 50% )|
|OBC ( Non - creamy layer )||35 ( 35% )||35 ( 35% )||67.5 ( 45% ) rounded off to 68|
|SC / ST / PH / VH||35 ( 35% )||35 ( 35% )||60 ( 40% )|
viii. Step II : Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject – wise and category – wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
ix. Step III : Top 15% candidates ( for each subject and category ), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared Gujarat SET qualified for eligibility for lectureship.
x. It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by GSET is final and binding.
xi. There is no provision of re – evaluations of papers.
GSET 2013 Subjects List
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Medium ( i.e Language of Answer )|
|08||History||English & Gujarati|
|13||Education||English & Gujarati|
|19||Computer Science and Applications|
|21||Physical Education||English & Gujarati|
GSET 2013 Application Form
The candidates must read the eligibility criteria for GSET 2013 carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the GSET Lectureship Test before filling the online application of GSET for Lectureship and submitting the printout of GSET Online Application Forms.
Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online through a link “Online Registration” available on the GSET website : www.gujaratset.ac.in. No other means / mode of application will be accepted.
The candidate is required to download the Bank Challan Proforma from the link available on the page entitled “Online Registration for Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship” on GSET website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the State of Gujarat and selected cities ( Mumbai and Delhi ) outside State of Gujarat, along with the Bank fee of 25/-. To download Bank Challan click on the link “Bank Challan”.
Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
After depositing the fee and getting the counterfoil from the bank, candidate has to revisit the GSET website. On the page entitled “Online Registration for Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship” click the link “Apply Online” to fill up the Application Form Online.
GSET 2013 Lectureship Exam Fee
- GSET 2013 Exam Fee for General / Other Backward Classes ( OBC Non – creamy layer ) Candidates : 800/- + 25 ( Bank Fee ) = 825/-
- GSET 2013 Exam Fee for SC / ST / PH / VH candidates : 700/- + 25 ( Bank Fee ) = 725/-
GSET Fee 2013 Mode of Payment
1. The candidate is expected to download and fill the Bank Challan Form in triplicate ( Bank Copy, GSET Copy & Candidate’s Copy ) as given in the Notification.
2. All the three copies of the Challan Form have to be submitted in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the Gujarat State and selected cities ( Mumbai and Delhi ) outside State of Gujarat, along with the necessary Examination fee and the Bank fee of 25/-.
3. The bank will retain one copy and return two copies of the challan to the candidate.
4. The candidate has to attach the GSET copy of the challan with the printout of online Application Form which he / she has to submit to the Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara. Keep Candidate’s Copy with you for future reference.
5. Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected.
6. GSET 2013 Lectureship Exam Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
GSET 2013 Hall Ticket
1. GSET 2013 Examination Hall Ticket will be provided online to all candidates 10 days prior to the date of the examination ( i.e. 13th September, 2013 ). Candidate have to click the link “Download Examination Hall Ticket”. Provide Registration Number and Date of Birth and print the Online Examination Hall ticket.
2. Candidates have to download and get a printout of Examination Hall Ticket. It will not be sent to the candidates by Post.
3. Candidate must carry Examination Hall Ticket and also one additional photo identity such as a driving license, voter ID, college / university identity card, PAN card etc. to the examination center on the Day of the Examination.
4. If your Examination Hall Ticket does not display image of your photograph, you have to paste the photo at appropriate place and get it attested from the competent authority.
5. The candidate is not allowed in the GSET 2013 Examination Hall without the Examination Hall Ticket.
6. Please confirm that your name, subject, Centre etc. shown in the Examination Hall Ticket are correct. If there is any error in the Examination Hall Ticket please contact SET office ( 0265 – 2786337 ) immediately and submit written application to SET Office otherwise SET Office will not be responsible for making necessary corrections and will not be responsible for providing benefits or for loss arising out of these to the candidates.
GSET 2013 Lectureship Exam Centres
|GSET 2013 Exam Centre Code||GSET Lectureship Exam Centre Code|
GSET 2013 Important Dates
|Starting of Online Application Submission and Fee Collection||20th May, 2013|
|Last day for Fee Collection||2nd July, 2013|
|Last Date for Online Application Submission||3rd July, 2013 ( Midnight 12'o Clock )|
|Last Date for receiving the documents at Gujarat SET office, Vadodara||6th July, 2013|
|Gujarat SET Examination Date||22nd September, 2013|
GSET Entrance Exam 2013 – Gujarat SET 2013 Exam Date – GSET Application Form 2013 – Gujarat SET 2013 Eligibility – GSET Exam Pattern 2013 – Gujarat State Level Eligibility Test 2013.
Exams Date Related : GSET 2013 Lectureship Eligibility Exam, GSET 2013 Exam Date, GSET 2013 Exam Schedule, Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship – GSET 2013, GSET 2013 State Eligibility Test, GSET 2013 Eligibility Criteria, GSET 2013 Lectureship Qualifications, GSET 2013 Online Application Form, GSET 2013 Application Form Availability, GSET Lectureship 2013 Online Form Download, GSET 2013 Application Form Fee, Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2013 Hall Ticket, GSET 2013 Exam Pattern, GSET 2013 Exam Centres, GSET 2013 Important Dates, Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2013 Exam Date, When Gujarat SET 2013 Lectureship Exam, GSET Lectureship Exam 2013 Age Limit, Gujarat SET 2013 Eligibility Conditions, Gujarat Eligibility Test 2013 Online Application Closing Date, GSET 2013 Application Form Submission, GSET 2013 Lectureship Registration Form, GSET 2013 Online Registration Last Date, Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2013 Exam Scheme, GSET 2013 Test Centres, Gujarat SET 2013 Brochure,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for gujarat state eligibility test for lectureship – gset 2013 by suganya