Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship – GSET 2012
GSET 2012 for Lectureship
Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship Date : 2nd Week of October, 2012
Eligibility Criteria for GSET for Lectureship 2012 :
- The candidate must have Master’s degree from an institution recognized by the University Grants Commission – UGC with minimum 55% ( without grace marks or rounding off ) for General & OBC candidates; 50% ( without grace marks or rounding off ) for SC / ST / PH / VH candidates and Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination were completed by 19th September, 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ).
- The Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this GSET Test 2012.
Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format duly certified by the Head of Department / Institute over his / her signature and rubber stamp ( with address and name ) from where the candidate is appearing in the final year of Master’s Degree Examination.
However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks ( 50% in case of SC / ST / PH / VH category candidates ) These candidates must submit their P.G. Marksheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the Gujarat SET Examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master’s Degree cannot appear for this Gujarat State Eligibility Test.
- Candidates have to appear for GSET for Lectureship in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- There is no upper age limit.
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc. by Research are not eligible to appear for the GSET Lectureship Exam.
- Candidates other than General Category are required to submit an attested copy of their OBC ( caste and latest Non – Creamy Layer certificate ) / SC / ST / PH / VH certificate alongwith the Online Printout of their GSET Application Forms 2012.
Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the GSET Test. In the event of any ineligibility detected by the agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates may note that the verification of GSET Eligibility conditions with reference to the documents as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the GSET Test. If in the event of you being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason ( including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc. ), the award may be withdrawn by Gujarat SET.
- Any qualified / not – qualified candidate will not get any marksheet from GSET agency. Also no revaluations of papers are allowed for GSET Examination.The GSET agency will issue certificates to the qualifying candidates only.
Exemption ( Eligibility for GSET Lectureship ) :
- Exemption from GSET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and State Government from time to time.
- NET / SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in compliance of the “University Grants Commission ( minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree ), Regulation 2009, shall be exempt from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.” The candidates who have passed the UGC / CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For GSET Candidates : The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the universities / colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Examination Structure & Scheme for GSET 2012 :
The GSET Examination 2012 will consist of Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III. The Gujarat SET Examination for all the three papers will be held on one day, in two separate sessions.
- Paper – I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty. In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper – II shall consist of questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each of these papers will consist of a Test Booklet containing 50 compulsory objective type questions of two marks each.
- Paper – I and Paper – II will be of 75 minutes duration each and each will carry maximum of 100 marks. The candidate will have to mark their response for each item on the answer sheet provided separately. A combined answer sheet for Paper – I and Paper – II will be provided before the starting of Paper – I. Paper – I and Paper – II will be conducted in the first session and the answer sheet will be collected after the time given for Paper – II is over.
- Answers marked on the Test Booklet will not be evaluated.
- No Negative Marking in Paper – I & Paper – II.
- Paper – III will consist of only descriptive questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Paper – III will be held in the second session of 150 minutes duration and will carry a maximum of 200 marks. The candidate will be required to attempt questions in the Test Booklet itself.The candidate will be required to attempt questions in the space provided in the Test Booklet. The structure of Paper – III has been revised.
Revised Structure of Paper – III
The University Grants Commission has restructured the format of Paper – III for all forthcoming NET / SET examinations. The syllabi of all subjects, however, remain unchanged. Now, Paper – III consists of four sections, in all containing 19 questions for the candidates to attempt.
Section – I :
Essay writing two questions with internal choice on general themes and contemporary, theoretical or of disciplinary relevance may be given. The candidate is expected to write up to 500 words for each question of 20 marks ( 2 Q X 20 M = 40 Marks ). In case the questions are based on electives, the choices should have questions from each elective; otherwise all choices should be of general nature, common to all candidates. In case of science subjects like Computer Science and Applications, Environmental Sciences, Electronic Science etc., two questions carrying 20 marks each may be given in place of essay type questions. The questions in this section should be numbered as 1 and 2.
Section – II
Three extended answer based questions to test the analytical ability of the candidate are to be asked on the major specializations / electives. Questions will be asked on all major specializations / electives and the candidates may be asked to choose one specialization / elective and answer the three questions. There is to be no internal choice. Each question will be answered in up to 300 words and shall carry 15 marks each ( 3 Q X 15 M = 45 Marks ). Where there is no specialization / elective, 3 questions may be set across the syllabus. The questions in this section should be numbered from 3 to 5.
Section – III
Nine questions may be asked across the syllabus. The questions will be definitional or seeking particular information and are to be answered in up to 50 words each. For science subjects as mentioned in Section – I, short numerical / computational problems may be considered. Each question will carry 10 marks ( 9 Q X 10M = 90 Marks ). There should be no internal choice. The questions in this section should be numbered from 6 to 14.
Section – IV
It requires the candidates to answer questions from a given text of around 200 – 300 words taken from the works of a known thinker / author. Five carefully considered specific questions are to be asked on the given text, requiring an answer in up to 30 words each. This section carries 5 questions of 5 marks each ( 5 Q X 5 M = 25 Marks ). In the case of science subjects, a theoretical / numerical problem may be set. These questions are meant to test critical thinking, ability to comprehend and apply knowledge one possesses. Questions in this section should be numbered as 15 to 19.
Structure of Revised format for Paper – III
|I||Essay||Ability to dwell on a theme at an optimum level||2||500||1000||2||20||40|
|II||Three analytical / evaluative questions||Ability to reason and hold and argument on the given topic||3||300||900||3||15||45|
|III||Nine definitional /|
short answer questions
|Ability to understand and express the same||9||50||450||9||10||90|
|IV||Text based questions||Critical thinking, ability to comprehend and formulate the concepts||5||30||150||5||5||25|
- Candidates are required to appear in all three papers. A candidate who does not appear in Paper – I and II will not be permitted to appear in Paper – III. Paper – III will be evaluated only for those candidates who are able to secure the minimum qualifying marks in Paper – I and Paper – II, as per the table given in the following :
|CATEGORY||MINIMUM QUALIFYING MARKS|
|PAPER – I||PAPER – II||PAPER – I + PAPER – II||PAPER– III|
|GENERAL||40||40||100 ( 50% )||100 ( 50% )|
|OBC / PH / VH||35||35||90 ( 45% )||90 ( 45% )|
|SC / ST||35||35||80 ( 40% )||80 ( 40% )|
Time of the Examination :
|I||09.30 a.m. to 10.45 a.m.||In the First Session|
|II||11.00 a.m. to 12.15 p.m.|
|III||02.00 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.||In the Second Session|
Application Form for GSET 2012 :
The candidates must read the eligibility criteria for GSET 2012 carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the GSET Lectureship Test before filling the online application of GSET for Lectureship and submitting the printout of GSET Online Application Forms. Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at GSET website www.gujaratset.ac.in and also to be shortly published in the Local Newspapers and Employment News.
First draw the Demand Draft, drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at Vadodara in the name of “The Member Secretary, Gujarat State Eligibility Test”, of amount of 800/- For GENERAL / OBC ( Non Creamy Layer ) candidates & 700/- ( For SC / ST / VH / PH ) candidates. Please carry all the detailed information of your DD with you when you start filling the GSET 2012 Online Form.
It is extremely important to fill the details of Demand Draft like, DD Number, DD Date and Bank Name in the GSET Lectureship Application form which is compulsory for form submission.
Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Pay order, Cheque, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test Examination Fee 2012 :
General / Other Backward Classes ( OBC Non – creamy layer ) Candidates : 800/-
SC / ST / PH / VH candidates : 700/-
Gujarat SET Mode of Payment 2012 :
The GSET Examination Fees can be paid only by a Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at Vadodara in the name of “The Member Secretary, Gujarat State Eligibility Test”.
Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, Pay order, Cheque, IPO etc. will be rejected.
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
The candidate has to attach the Demand Draft with the printout of GSET Online Application Form which he / she has to submit to the Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara. Keep one xerox copy of Demand Draft with you for future reference.
Gujarat SET for Lectureship Examination Hall Ticket 2012 :
GSET Examination Hall Ticket 2012 will be provided online to all candidates 10 days prior to the date of the examination of Gujarat SET. Candidate have to click the link “Download Examination Hall Ticket” on the page entitled “Online Registration for Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship”. Provide Registration Number and Date of Birth and print the Online Examination Hall ticket.
Candidates have to download and get a printout of Examination Hall Ticket of GSET. It will not be sent to the candidates by Post.
Candidate must carry Gujarat SET Examination Hall Ticket and also one additional photo identity such as a driving license, voter ID, college / university identity card, PAN card etc. to the examination center of Gujarat SET on the Day of the GSET Examination for Lectureship.
If your GSET Examination Hall Ticket does not display image of your photograph, you have to paste the photo at appropriate place and get it attested from the competent authority.
The candidate is not allowed in the GSET Examination Hall without the Examination Hall Ticket.
Please confirm that your name, subject, centre, category, Physically or Visually handicapped shown in the Examination Hall Ticket are correct. If there is any error in the Examination Hall Ticket please contact GSET office ( 0265 – 2786337 ) immediately and submit written application to GSET Office otherwise SET Office will not be responsible for making necessary corrections and will not be responsible for providing benefits or for loss arising out of these to the candidates.
Examination Centres of GSET 2012 :
|Centre Code||Centre Name|
Exams Date Related : GSET Exam Date 2012, GSET Entrance Exam 2012, Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2012, Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship – GSET 2012, Gujarat State Level Eligibility Test Date 2012, GSET Exam Schedule 2012, Gujarat SET Exam Date 2012, GSET Lectureship Exam 2012, SLET Exam Date Gujarat 2012, Gujarat SET Exam 2012 Notification, Gujarat Lectureship Entrance Exam 2012, Gujarat State Level Eligibility Test 2012, GSET Application Form 2012, Gujarat State Level Eligibility Test Application Form 2012, GSET Application Form Last Date 2012, Gujarat SLET Online Application Form 2012, GSET Application Form Submission 2012, Gujarat Eligibility Test Application Availability 2012, GSET Eligibility 2012, Gujarat SLET Eligibility 2012, Gujarat Eligibility Test Qualification 2012, Gujarat Lectureship Exam Eligibility 2012, Gujarat Eligibility Test Eligibility 2012, GSET Exam Pattern 2012, Gujarat State Eligibility Test Pattern 2012, GSET Exam Scheme 2012, Gujarat State Eligibility Test Syllabus 2012, Gujarat SLET Exam Centre 2012, GSET Exam Center 2012, Gujarat State Eligibility Test Centre 2012, Gujarat SLET Results 2012, GSET Results 2012,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for gujarat state eligibility test for lectureship – gset 2012 by poornima