GSET 2014 for Lectureship
The Member Secratary,
Gujarat State Eligibility Test ( Gujarat SET ),
B – Bloc, “Chameli Baug”, Nr. University Guest House,
Prof. C.C. Mehta Road, Vadodara – 390 002,
Phone No. : +91 0265 2786337.
Website : www.gujaratset.ac.in.
The Gujarat SET Agency, The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara announces holding of the 10th Gujarat State Eligibility Test ( GSET ) on 19th October, 2014 ( Sunday ) for determining the Eligibility for Lectureship in universities and colleges of Gujarat State. Gujarat SET Agency will conduct GSET in 20 subjects.
GSET Entrance Exam Date 2014
|Gujarat SET 2014 Lectureship Exam Date : 19th October, 2014|
GSET 2014 Lectureship Eligibility Criteria
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year of a UGC specified Master’s degree.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( General ) ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) belonging to non – creamy layer / Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Physically Handicapped ( PH ) / Visually Handicapped ( VH ) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree examination or whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks ( 50% marks in case of Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) belonging to non-creamy layer / SC / ST / PH / VH category candidates ). These candidates must obtain their P.G. degree / marksheet within two years from the date of SET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks ( i.e., from 55% to 50% ) for appearing in the SET Examination.
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master’s Degree cannot appear for this test.
- Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- There is no upper age limit.
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc. ( By Research ) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH / VH / OBC ( Cast Certificate along with latest Non – Creamy Layer certificate ) category are required to submit an attested copy of their Certificate along with the Online Printout of their Application Forms. Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates / documents in support of their eligibility along with printout of their Application Form. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility detected by the agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post – graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ), New Delhi. ( www.aiuweb.org )
- Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the Test. If in the event of you being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason ( including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc. ), the award may be withdrawn by Gujarat SET Agency.
- Any qualified / not – qualified candidate will not get any marksheet from SET agency. The SET agency will issue certificates to the qualifying candidates only.
GSET 2014 Exemption Eligibility
- Exemption from SET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and State Government from time to time.
- NET / SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in compliance of the “University Grants Commission ( minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree ), Regulation 2009, shall be exempt from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.” The candidates who have passed the UGC / CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates : The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test ( SET ) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.
GSET 2014 Exam Scheme and Structure
GSET 2014 Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 19th October, 2014 ( Sunday ) in two separate sessions as under :
|M.Sc. ( Molecular & Human Genetics )||2 Years||M.D. or M.S. Pathology / Anatomy / Pediatrics & Ob. & Gyn., Masters degree in Microbiology.|
|M.Sc. ( Epidemiology )||2 Years ( one year exemption for M.B.B.S. graduates.)||Bachelor’s Degree in any branch of Health sciences recognised by respective councils.|
|Master in Public Health||2 Years||Bachelor’s Degree in any branch of Health sciences recognised by respective councils ( preferably an undergraduate degree in biological, clinical and social sciences including B.Sc. ( life sciences, nursing, pharmacology, dietetics ), B.A. (Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Journalism ), MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BDS, MSW, LL.B or students from any other discipline with evidence of work in the field of public health.)|
|M.Sc. ( Anatomy )||2 Years||B.Sc. ( Botany, Zoology ) B.Sc. DMLT|
|M.Sc. ( Physiology )||2 Years post - graduate degree course||Any of the following bachelor degree passing with not less than II class : BHMS / BAMS / B.Vsc / B.Sc graduates of biological Sciences / B.Sc.Zoology / Microbiology / Botany / Physiology.|
|M.Sc. ( Microbiology )||3 Years||B.Sc. ( Microbiology, Botany, Zoology ) B.Sc. DMLT.|
|PG Diploma in Medico Legal Systems|
|Bachelor’s Degree in any branch from the college recognized by respective councils|
i. Paper – I Shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty ( 60 ) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty ( 50 ). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
ii. Paper – II Shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
iii. Paper – III Will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
iv. Syllabus of GSET Test : All questions of Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus ( including all electives, without options ). Syllabi for all Gujarat SET ( GSET ) subjects can be downloaded from the Gujarat SET Website www.gujaratset.ac.in. Gujarat SET Agency will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
v. For Science Subjects i.e. Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences & Life Sciences, the syllabus is same as of the CSIR – NET. However, the examination Pattern will be same as of the UGC – NET, described above.
vi. All old examination’ s Questions Papers for Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III for all the subjects are available in our website.
vii. No Negative Marking.
viii. Candidates are required to appear in all three papers. A candidate who does not appear in Paper – I and II will not be permitted to appear in Paper – III.
ix. The questions in all three papers will appear both in Gujarati and English versions ( Except for languages and science subjects ). In case of any discrepancy in Gujarati and English version of questions in Paper – I, II and III, the English Version should be taken as final.
x. The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III on the ICR answer sheet provided separately.
xi. The detailed instructions for filling up the ICR Answer Sheet will be uploaded on GSET website www.gujaratset.ac.in. It may noted that instructions to candidates will not be sent to the candidate by post.
xii. For Visually Handicapped ( VH ) candidates, thirty ( 30 ) minutes’ extra time shall be provided separately for paper – I and Paper – II. For paper – III, forty five ( 45 ) minutes’ extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate. Those Physically Handicapped ( PH ) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand – writing can also avail these services by making prior request ( At least one week before the date of Gujarat SET Examination ) in writing to the Gujarat SET office, Vadodara. Extra time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Physically Handicapped ( PH ) candidates.
GSET 2014 Subjects List
|Advertisement ||Last week of May, 2015|
|Sale of Prospectus & Admission Forms||25th May, 2015 to 6th June, 2015 ( Between 10 am to 12 noon )|
|Last Date for receipt of Admission forms||8th June, 2015 till 4 pm|
|Dispatch of Admission Ticket||20th June, 2015 till 4 pm|
|Written Entrance Examination||27th June, 2015 ( at 10.00 am to 12.00 Noon )|
|Display of Results of Written test (in order of Merit)||06th July, 2015 4 pm.|
|List of Selected Candidates for Admission||06th July, 2015; 4 pm|
|Date for claiming seats through Admission||07th to 10th July, 2015 ( till12noon )|
|Display of 1st Waiting List||10th July, 2015 at 4.00 pm|
|Date for claiming seats through Admission||11th to 15th July, till 12.00 Noon|
|Display of 2nd Waiting List||15th July, 2015 at 4:00 AM|
|Date for claiming seats through Admission||16th to 20th July, 2015 till 12.00 Noon|
|Starting of Academic Session||20th July, 2015|
GSET 2014 Application Form
The candidates must read the ‘Eligibility Criteria’ carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before filling the online application and submitting the printout of Online Application Forms. Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at GSET.
Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online through a link “REGISTER ONLINE FOR GSET EXAM” available on the GSET website www.gujaratset.ac.in. No other means / mode of application will be accepted.
Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following :
- Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format and should not be more then 100kb.
- Copy of Bank Challan ( Fee Receipt )
- Personal Details, Educational Details etc.
The candidate is required to Generate the Computerised Bank Challan from the link available under “Online Registration for Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship” on GSET.
GSET 2014 Lectureship Exam Fee
- GSET 2014 Exam Fee for General / Other Backward Classes ( OBC Non – creamy layer ) Candidates 800/- + 25 ( Bank Fee ) = 825/-
- GSET 2014 Exam Fee for SC / ST / PH / VH candidates 700/- + 25 ( Bank Fee ) = 725/-
GSET Fee 2014 Mode of Payment
1. The candidate is expected to Generate Computerised Bank Challan Form in triplicate ( Bank Copy, GSET Copy & Candidate’s Copy ) as given in the Notification.
2. All the three copies of the Challan Form have to be submitted in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the Gujarat State and selected cities ( Mumbai and Delhi ) outside State of Gujarat, along with the necessary Examination fee and the Bank fee of 25/-.
3. Candidates can deposit the requisite fee in Corporation Bank only after after 24 hours of downloading the challan from GSET Website and Register online immediately after payment of the fee.
4. The bank will retain one copy and return two copies of the challan to the candidate.
5. The candidate has to attach the GSET copy of the challan with the printout of online Application Form which he / she has to submit to the Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara. Keep Candidate’s Copy with you for future reference.
6. Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected.
7. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
GSET 2014 Hall Ticket
1. GSET 2014 Examination Hall Ticket will be provided online to all candidates 10 ( i.e. 03rd October, 2014 ) days prior to the date of the examination. Candidate have to click the link “Download Examination Hall Ticket”. Provide Registration Number and Date of Birth and print the Online Examination Hall ticket.
2. Candidates have to download and get a printout of Examination Hall Ticket. It will not be sent to the candidates by Post.
3. Candidate must carry Examination Hall Ticket and also one additional photo identity such as a driving license, voter ID, college / university identity card, PAN card etc. to the examination center on the Day of the Examination.
4. If your Examination Hall Ticket does not display image of your photograph, you have to paste the photo at appropriate place and get it attested from the competent authority.
5. The candidate is not allowed in the Examination Hall without the Examination Hall Ticket.
6. Please confirm that your name, subject, Centre etc. shown in the Examination Hall Ticket are correct. If there is any error in the Examination Hall Ticket please contact SET office ( 0265 – 2786337 ) immediately and submit written application to SET Office otherwise SET Office will not be responsible for making necessary corrections and will not be responsible for providing benefits or for loss arising out of these to the candidates.
GSET 2014 Lectureship Exam Centres
|Sale of forms from Office Counter||May, 2015|
|Date of Patna University PGDBIN Online Submission of Forms||15th June, 2015|
|Physical submission of form / D.D.||15th June, 2015|
|Issue of PGDBIN Admit Card||June, 2015|
|Date and Time of Patna University PGDBIN Written Test||June, 2015|
|Publication of PGDBIN Result||July, 2015|
|Last Date of Enrolment||July, 2015|
|Commencement of Classes||July, 2015|
GSET 2014 Important Dates
|Sl.No.||Alagappa University M.Phil Programs||Discipline Eligibility|
|Faculty of Arts|
|3||Economics||M.Sc. Economics / Statistics / Mathematical Economics, M.A. Economics / Rural Economics / Rural Development|
|4||Library & Information Science||M.L.I.Sc.|
|Faculty of Education|
|6||Physical Education||M.P.Ed. / M.P.E|
|Faculty of Management|
|7||Commerce||M.Com. or related degree in Business Economics etc.|
|Faculty of Science
|8||Mathematics||M.Sc. Mathematics / M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
|9||Computer Science||MCA / M.Sc.( C.A ) / M.Sc. ( C.S )
|10||Botany||PG Degree in Botany
|11||Zoology||PG Degree in Zoology / Animal Science