HPU BEd Entrance Examination 2017
Himachal Pradesh University invites application for admission to B.Ed. Course for the academic Session 2017 – 2018.
HPU BEd Eligibility 2017
The candidates who are interested to apply for the entrance test in regular two years B.Ed. course in the Department of Education Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Govt. College of Teacher Education, Dharamshala and in any of the private / selffinancing Colleges of Education recognized by NCTE and affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University should fulfill the following criteria :
- The candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree ( Medical /Non Medical / Commerce / Arts ) and or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences/ Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto and 45% marks in case of SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped categories in the aforesaid Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree and 50% marks for Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University established by law in India are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The candidates who have appeared in BA / B.Sc. / B.Com. final year or Master’s Degree, Bachelor of Engineering/Technology or any other qualification equivalent thereto 11 examination and the result of the same has not yet been declared, can also apply for B.Ed. Entrance Test. However, the admission of such candidates will be depending upon the production of certificate of qualifying examination with required percentage of aggregate marks in the aforesaid examinations as per the eligibility clause of the prospectus. In case, a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility conditions, he / she will have no right for admission to the B.Ed. course.
- 85% seats are reserved for Bonafide / Domicile candidates of Himachal Pradesh and 15% to the candidates of other States. One supernumerary seat for Single Girl Child is reserved to the meritorious candidates of the Entrance Test in the Department. of Education H.P. University, Shimla only.
Age Limit : There is no upper age limit for candidates applying to the regular B.Ed. Course of two years. [ High Court orders in LPA No.: 104 of 2012 decided on August 27, 2012 ]
HPU BEd Entrance Test Application Form
1. Click on “Register Now” to create a new account. Once the new account is created online system will generate the unique application form number. Candidates are advised to note down the application form number for all future references.
2. After account creation, click login to complete the Entrance Examination application online. Online Entrance Application form has following subsequent information.
- Basic Details Form
- Upload Photo & Signature Form
- Fees Payment Form
- Payment Details Form
- Filled Form View Page Confirmation Button
- Filled Form Downloaded Page
3. Applicants are required to fill their information in above mentioned webpages. All mandatory fields are marked with red star.
4. Upload photo and signature. Photo and signature uploaded should be as per specifications and size listed in step (A).
5. To save the data, please click on ‘Continue and Save’ button at the bottom of each screen before proceeding further.
6. Steps for making Application Fees Payment
7. After depositing the fee in the bank, re login to your account, at least after 8 hours to enter payment details, i.e. e‐receipt / Journal number as provided by the bank at the time of depositing the fee, in Payment details page.
8. Click on ‘Save & Continue’ to see your filled application details on the computer, before proceeding further please make sure that all the fields are filled in correctly in the confirmation screen before clicking the Submit Button. Once the applicant click on the Submit button of his / her application page, he / she cannot Edit / Change the details entered.
9. After clicking on ‘Submit’ button new window will appear on the Screen displaying full details of the applicant and then entered in the application form. Take the print out of the same page and attach the copy of payment receipt along with the computer generated confirmation copy of the application form . The photocopies of the application form and the fee receipt be retained for future reference and then send it by registered / Speed Post or in person with the quote on the envelope “Application Form for B.Ed Entrance Test 2017” so as to reach on or before the prescribed date at following address :
The Assistant Registrar ( Entrance Tests ),
Room No. 10, Administrative Block,
H.P. University, Summer Hill,
Shimla – 171 005 ( H.P. )
Application Fee :
- For General / OBC & their Sub-Categories : 900/-
- For SC / ST & their Sub-Categories : 450/-
HPU BEd Entrance Exam 2017 Admit Card
will provide the facility of downloading the Admit Cards for appearing to B.Ed Entrance Test on the University Website www.hpuniv.in. The candidates are required to download the Admit cards from the website by following the instructions given therein. The candidate may please note that Admit cards will not be sent by post. The process for downloading the Admit Cards will start from May, 2017. The Admit cards uploaded on website will be provisional and does not entail the final eligibility of the candidate for admission to the course. The Admit Card will bear the Roll Number, Name, Father’s Name, Category, Photograph, Date, Time, Venue of Entrance Test.
The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card downloaded by him/her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should immediately inform in writing to the University alongwith the requisite fee of 100/- as mentioned under clause 5.2(iv) of the prospectus. In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, the University will take necessary action to make correction of factual error in the record later. No candidate will be allowed to sit in the test without having Admit Card and the University will not be responsible on this account. The candidates are advised to preserve their Admit cards in good condition till admission in the B.Ed. course is over.
HPU BEd Exam Centers 2017
The candidate should fill the name of one Examination Centre where he / she wants to appear in the Entrance Test.
The details of the Examination Centres are as under :
|Sr. No.||Name of Examination Centres|
|1||Amb ( Una )|
Note : Himachal Pradesh University Examination centre once opted by the candidate shall not be changed under any circumstances. However, University reserves the right to allot any centre in view of the exigencies.
HPU BEd 2017 Important Dates
|1||Issue of online application form||13th April, 2017|
|2||Last date for submission of application form||18th May, 2017|
|3||Date of entrance examniation||5th June, 2017|
Himachal Pradesh University
Gyan Path, Summer Hill,
Shimla – 171005
Website : www.hpuniv.in