Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme 2018
Applications are invited from unmarried male Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ( Hereinafter referred to as PCM ) subjects and fulfill the eligibility conditions prescribed in the subsequent paragraphs, for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army.
Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme 2018 Eligibility
A candidate must be unmarried male and must either be :
(i) A citizen of India, or
(ii) A subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) A subject of Nepal, or
(iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt of India.
Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be shortlisted provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt before declaration of result by SSB / joining training.
Note : Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
A candidate must not be below 161/2 years and above 191/2 years on the first day of the month in which the course is due to commence i.e. the candidate should not be born before 1st July, 1999 and not after 1st July, 2002 ( both days inclusive ).
- Candidate should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation or an equivalent certificate will be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted.
- Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry. Eligibility condition for calculating PCM percentage of various state / central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
- The candidates must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease / disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or under weight.
- The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Candidate should not have been debarred from appearing in any examination by UPSC. Candidate should not have been arrested / convicted by a criminal court or involved in any court case.
Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme 2018 Seats
The Indian Army TES Scheme has 90 Seats ( Vacancies are provisional and can be changed depending on the training capacity at the training Academy for this course. The vacancies are subject to increase / decrease keeping the organizational requirement at the point of time. )
Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme 2018 Application Form
How to Apply
Application Form will be available from the official website of joinindianarmy.nic.in. Application will only be accepted online.
Candidates must enter their particulars in the online application. Terms and conditions linked to the form must be read, prior to submitting the form.
A candidate is permitted to make changes to data filled incorrectly in online application till the closing of online applications. No changes to online application will be permitted thereafter.
After successfully submitting the form the candidate will receive a confirmation in the form of a dialog box of having submitted the application Print out of the application with a Roll number will be available to the candidate 30 mins after the closing of online applications. Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with Roll Number generated by the system. One copy of the print out application duly self attested by the candidate will be carried to the selection centre for the SSB interview.
Following documents will also be carried along with the Application Form
- Class 10th certificate / mark sheet in original showing DOB.
- Class 12th certificate / mark sheet in original.
- ID proof in original.
The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. There is no need to send any hard copy of application printout to Directorate General of Recruiting.
- Two self attested photocopies of the certificates mentioned at ser (c) above will be submitted at the time of SSB interview and originals will be returned after verification at the SSB itself.
- 20 copies of self attested PP size photograph will also be carried alongwith the Application Form.
- Candidates must submit only one application; Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.
- No changes to details submitted in online application can be made after closure of application. No representation in this regard shall be entertained. Any change in your postal address after submission of application must be communicated by post duly quoting your Roll No, name and course opted for.
- In case, the candidate is employed he will inform where and also give undertaking that he has informed the employer in writing that he is applying for commission in the Army.
Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme 2018 Selection Process
Shortlisting of Applications
Integrated HQ of MoD ( Army ) reserves the right to shortlist applications based on cut off percentage applied as decided. After shortlisting of candidates, the Centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate online. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates on a first come first serve basis.
Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will undergo SSB at one of the Selection Centres i.e, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru ( Karnataka ) or Kapurthala ( Punjab ) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres on candidate’s registered e-mail ID and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, Integrated Headquarters of MoD ( Army ) and No request for changes are entertained in this regard.
Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available at the official website of Directorate General of Recruiting joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
In the eventuality of being recommended by SSB, candidate should have no objection for undergoing medical examination by board of Male / Female doctors.
Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
The finally selected candidates will execute all the Bonds / Certificates as prescribed for the Cadets of NDA entry under AI 53/78.
Candidate will not have any objection in the event of final selection, on allotment of any Arm/Service in the interest of organisation.
- No claim or compensation will be made by the candidate if at any stage of selection the candidate’s ineligibility is detected and candidature is cancelled as a result thereof.
- Candidate will be debarred from future attempts and cancellation from the present course if at any stage of selection he is found to be indulging in any violation of local orders concerning discipline aspects.
Guidelines for Physical Standards for Admission to The 10+2 ( TES ) Entry Permanent Commission
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared ‘FIT’ by the Medical board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone.
However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board ( SMB ) will be intimated by the president of SMB. The procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ) will also be intimated to the candidates. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to appeal against decision of AMB.
Candidates must also note that Review Medical Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is NOT a right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services.
Note : A number of qualified candidates are rejected subsequently on medical grounds. Candidates are, therefore, advised in their own interest to get themselves medically examined before submitting their applications to avoid disappointment at the final stage. Candidates are also advised to address minor defects / ailments in order to speed up finalisation of medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB. Some of the commonly encountered minor ailments are wax in ears, Deviated Nasal Septum, overweight/underweight, piles, gynecomastia, tonsillitis and varicocele.
- The candidate needs to apply ‘online’ on Directorate General of Recruiting Website joinindianarmy.nic.in. The application will be screened at Directorate General of Recruiting, Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Army) and the candidate thereafter will be detailed for SSB.
- For SSB interview, print out of online application must be accompanied by original documents along with two sets of self attested photocopies i.e. 10th class certificate issued by the Board concerned ( CBSE / State Boards / ICSE ) in which date of birth is reflected for proof of date of birth ( Admit card / Mark sheet / Transfer / Leaving Certificate etc. are not acceptable for proof of date of birth ) and 10+2 certificate and mark sheet for proof of education. Revised mark sheets issued by a Board / University after last date of submitting online application will not be accepted for this course.
- While filling up the application form, candidates are required to indicate exact PCM percentage of Class 12th upto two decimals and are not to be rounding off. Any false entry of PCM percentage, detected at any stage of selection process will be outrightly rejected.
- Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence ( Army ) reserves the right to short list applications and to fix cut off percentage of PCM marks without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. All incomplete online applications will be rejected outright. No intimation will be given to the candidate in writing or verbally.
- Shortlisted candidates will be detailed to undergo SSB interview from Jul 2018 onwards.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of test conducted at SSB.
- Candidate withdrawn from NDA, OTA, IMA, Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy on disciplinary grounds is not eligible to apply.
- Final merit list will be displayed at the notice board of Directorate General of Recruiting, Rtg A ( Officers Selection ), West Block-Ill, R.K Puram, New Delhi PIN-110066 as well as Directorate General of Recruiting website joinindianarmy.nic.in before induction for pre-commissioning training.
Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme 2018 Important Dates
|1||Starting date of Indian Army TES Online Application Form||16th May, 2018
at 1200 Hrs
|2||Last Date of Submission of Application Form||14th June, 2018
at 1200 Hrs