IIA Bangalore Entrance Exam 2018
IIA conducts the following two graduate programmes leading to Ph.D. degrees : (i) Ph.D., jointly with Pondicherry Central University, ( M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. ) and (ii) Integrated M.Tech. – Ph.D., jointly with University of Calcutta ( B.E. / B.Tech ). Applications are invited from highly motivated students who expect to complete their degrees by June 2018 with a consistently good academic record.
IIA Screening Test ( IIAST ) for admission to Academic Programmes is normally held every year in the month of December at centres distributed over different parts of India. This year the test will be held on Saturday, 09th December, 2017. The online application will open on September 21, 2017. Candidates short listed based on their performance in the IIAST will be called for personal interview in IIA, Bangalore. Personal interviews for the Ph.D. programme will be held in the first week of January 2018, and that for the M.Tech-Ph.D. programme ( conducted jointly with University of Calcutta ) will be held during May 2018.
Instructions for Application to the Academic Program 2018
Applications are invited from students who expect to complete M.Sc. ( Physics ) / Integrated M.Sc. ( Physics ) / B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. degree by June 2018 or already completed, with 60% marks from Standard X onwards. All applicants must fill the online application form. No hard copy applications will be entertained.
In addition to the above, the other minimum eligibility criteria to apply are, All India rank in GATE ( OR ) JEST exam should be in the range 1 – 250 ( OR ) qualification in UGC-CSIR-NET ( JRF ) exam ( OR ) currently valid KVPY / INSPIRE fellowship.
Incomplete applications (without scanned copy of stamp / passport size photograph of the student, X, XII, UG, PG mark sheets, GATE / UGC-CSIR-NET ( JRF ) / JEST / KVPY / INSPIRE result ) will be rejected.
The qualifying degree requirements of the various programmes are listed Here. The candidate can apply to one programme only. Age Limit: Maximum 25 years as on 01st January, 2018.
Our selection procedure consists of screening test followed by an interview for the short-listed candidates.
IIA Bangalore Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form
Indian Institute of Astrophysics applications are invited from motivated and qualiﬁed students for the above programs. Please visit http://www.iiap.res.in
When filling out the application form, please:
- Upload your recent photograph.
- Mention the names of the educational institutions where you studied or studying, and their affiliated universities.
- Give details of your marks or grade point average (GPA) in all the examinations written so far. In case of GPA, normalize to 100%; for example if your GPA is out of 10, multiply by 10.
- If you are currently studying in a degree programme, mention the expected month and year of its completion, and enter the marks received up to the last examination with declared results.
- Attach the scanned copies of your mark sheets and certificates along with this application form (preview page). We prefer that you upload the scanned copies. In case of extreme difficulty send the scanned copies (before the deadline) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If called for interview, you will be asked to bring the originals of the relevant documents for verification .
- Recommendation letters – Mention the names and contact addresses of two referees. They must be familiar with your academic abilities and should be able to objectively assess your suitability for a research career. Please let them know that if you are selected for the interview, we will contact them independently and request them to submit the online Confidential Assessment Form. Suitable referees are:
- A lecturer or a professor who had recently taught you a science or engineering course for at least one semester.
- An academic or technical person with whom you have carried out a scientific / technical project for a period of minimum three months.
When attending IIAST, please:
- Carry your photo-ID card ( eg : College ID, Students card, Passport ) at the time of admission test. Candidates without a suitable photo-id will not be permitted to write the exam.
- Reach the examination hall before 9 am.
- Note that you will only be allowed to use pencils during the exams.
If your score in IIAST meet or exceed our cut-off mark, you will be required to attend an interview at IIA, Bangalore. You will be provided the second class train fare / bus fare by the shortest route for this trip.
For Detailed information regarding course etc. visit http://www.iiap.res.in/opportunities/graduate .
IIA Bangalore 2018 Exam Centers
- Mumbai and New Delhi.
IIA Bangalore Important Dates 2018
|Last date to apply online||22nd October, 2017 - Sunday 05:30 PM|
|Date of examination||9th December, 2017 - Saturday|
|Examination results will be posted around||18th December, 2017|
|The interview for PhD will be held in||January 2018|
|The interview for M. Tech PhD will be held in||May 2018|
|Short Listed candidates will be interviewed at||IIA Banglore|
Contact Details :
Board of Graduate Studies,
Indian Institute of Astrophysics,
Bangalore – 34,
Telephone No. : 91 ( 80 ) 2553 0672,
Fax No. : 91 ( 80 ) 2553 4043
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://www.iiap.res.in