IIFT PhD Entrance Exam 2018
The Indian Institute of Foriegn Trade invites applications for admission to PhD Program in full time & part time mode for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
IIFT PhD Field of Study
- General Management & Strategy
- Economics & Trade Policy
- IT Innovation & Tech. Management
- Operation & Supply Chain
IIFT PhD 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for applying in IIFT’s Ph.D. programme are the following :
A. Indian Scholars
- Master’s degree / M.Phil degree in any discipline( including IIFT MPIB ) from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus in aggregate. OR
- Diploma courses which are considered equivalent to Master’s Degree ( e.g., PGDIM from IIMs ) with 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus, recognized by AICTE / UGC would be considered. In such cases candidates would be required to produce the necessary certificate(s) from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ) / differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission ( UGC ) from time to time.
B. Overseas Scholars
Overseas candidates those who are having Master’s / M.Phil Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus in aggregate can apply only for IIFT’s full time Ph.D. programme.
Minimum knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
IIFT PhD Exam Centres 2018
- The IIFT Phd entrance examination will take place both at Kolkata and New Delhi campuses of the Institute.
- However, Stage III evaluation process for a candidate, qualifying the entrance examination, will only be conducted at the New Delhi campus of the Institute.
- Candidate should select Centre opted for IIFT PhD Entrance Examination in the IIFT PhD Application form.
IIFT PhD Application Form 2018
IIFT PhD Application Form and Brochure for the Ph.D. Programme can be downloaded from the website www.iift.edu. Candidates applying for both Full Time and Part Time Ph.D. Programme need to fill in the Application Form and submit the same to the Institute along with a Demand Draft of 2,500/- ( 1,250/- in respect of SC / ST candidates and US$120/ 8,500/- for Foreign Nationals ) in favour of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade payable at New Delhi so as to reach latest by 27th April, 2018 at the following address :
Dr. Basanta K. Sahu ( Faculty Economics Area ),
Ph.D. Programme Director,
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110016.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
On the cover of the application envelope, indicate ‘Application for Ph.D. 2018 Programme’.
IIFT PhD 2018 Important Dates
|1||Last date for submission of applications and Statement of Purpose||27th April, 2018|
|2||Notification of eligible candidates for Written Entrance Examination||11th May, 2018|
|3||Date of Written Entrance Examination ( Examination will be held at both IIFT Delhi and Kolkata Campus )||27th May, 2018|
|4||Declaration of Result of Written Entrance Examination||8th June, 2018|
|5||Personal Interview and Write up at IIFT Campus in New Delhi||First week of July, 2018|
|6||Declaration of Final Results||Fourth week of July, 2018|
|7||Commencement of the Programme||Second week of August, 2018|
IIFT Contact Details
IIFT Bhawan, B-21 Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110016,
Telephone : 011-39147200 – 205 ( PBX ),
Fax : 91-011-39147301,
Website : www.iift.edu