IIT Joint Admission Test ( JAM ) 2019
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into IIT Kanpur through Joint Admission Test for the academic session 2019.
IIT Joint Admission Test ( JAM ) 2019 Eligibility
- The candidates who qualify in JAM 2019 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements ( ER ) for admissions in IITs.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA / CPI without rounding-off ( taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined ) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General / OBC ( NCL ) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC / ST and PwD category candidates.
- For Candidates with letter grades / CGPA ( instead of percentage of marks ), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute ( s ).
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications ( MEQ ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by 30th September, 2019.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a physical fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his / her chosen course of study, his / her admission is liable to be cancelled.
IIT Joint Admission Test ( JAM ) Pattern 2019
- The JAM 2019 Examination for all the seven test papers will be carried out as ONLINE Computer Based Test ( CBT ) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen.
- For all the seven test papers, the duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- The medium for all the test papers will be English only.
- There will be a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks.
- The entire paper will be divided into three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section will be of different types as given below
- Section–A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. Candidates can mark the answer by clicking the choice.
- Section–B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions ( MSQ ) carrying two marks each. Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice ( s ) that are correct out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit only if he / she selects all the correct answers only and no wrong answers. Candidates can mark the answer ( s ) by clicking the choice ( s ).
- Section–C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type ( NAT ) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these types of questions.
- In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero mark. In Section-A ( MCQ ), wrong answer will result innegative marks. For each wrong answer of 1 mark questions, 1 / 3 mark will be deducted and similarly for each wrong answer of 2 marks questions, 2 / 3 mark will be deducted. In Section-B ( MSQ ), there are no negative and no partial marking provisions. There is no negative marking in Section-C ( NAT ) as well.
- There is provision of using online virtual calculator and hence, the candidates should not bring any calculator with them.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic devices are strictly prohibited inside examination hall. Charts, graph sheets, and tables are also NOT allowed inside the examination hall.
- A scribble pad will be provided for rough work and this has to be returned back at the end of the examination.
- The candidates are required to select the answer for MCQ and MSQ type questions using the mouse. The answer for NAT questions can be entered using a virtual numeric keypad ( the keyboard of the computer will be disabled ). At the end of the 3 hours, the computer will automatically end the examination.
- Use of unfair means by a candidate in JAM 2019, whether detected at the time of examination, or at any other stage, will lead to the cancellation of his / her candidature as well as disqualification of the candidate from appearing in JAM in future. The candidates are advised to visit the JAM 2019 website for more details on the patterns of questions for JAM 2019, including examples of the questions. Candidates will also be able to take a mock examination through a ‘Mock Test’ link that will be made available on the website closer to the examination date.
IIT Joint Admission Test ( JAM ) 2019 Application Form
How to apply
- Candidates can apply for JAM 2019 only through JAM Online Application Processing System ( JOAPS ) link available at the website http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in.
- The facility for Online Registration and Application will be available through the website http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in from 05th September, 2018.
- A candidate has to first register on JOAPS website, by providing his / her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password.
- The candidate must give an E-mail address that he / she uses and checks frequently, as all communication to the candidate from JAM 2019 will be sent to this E-mail address.
- The candidate must not use somebody else’s E-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- Similarly, the candidate should provide his / her personal mobile number because most of the communication may also be sent via SMS.
- The password that the candidate provides should be chosen such that it cannot be guessed easily by others and this password must not be forgotten by the candidate as he / she will require it to login to the online application website.
- Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing candidate’s Enrolment ID will be sent to the E-mail address provided by the candidate.
- The Enrolment ID will also be sent to the mobile number provided by the candidate.
- The candidate needs to use this enrolment ID along with the password for all JAM 2019 related communications or website operations.
- Candidates are advised to keep the ID along with the password information safe and confidential.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of the following
- Female ( All Categories ) / SC / ST / PwD – 750 ( one test paper ) & 1050 ( two test papers )
- General and OBC – 1500 ( one test paper ) & 2100 ( two test paper )
- The candidate will be able to make the payment using his / her net-banking account, debit or credit card until 10th October, 2018.
- Additional bank charges may apply for the transaction depending on the payment option.
- This charge will be specified on the payment portal. Before proceeding for making any payment, the applicant should view his / her application by clicking the “Save and Preview” button.
- They should go through the application and ensure that there is no error in the application form and all the relevant and valid documents are uploaded.
- If there are any corrections, they can go back and do the correction.
- After this they should click on “Proceed for Payment” button. Once a candidate presses “Proceed for Payment” button, NO FURTHER CHANGES in the application form can be made and the candidate will be directed to the payment portal.
- On the fee payment portal, the fee amount and bank charges will be shown and the candidate has to confirm that the payment is for JAM 2019.
- Once confirmed and payment is successful, the candidate will be redirected back to the JAM Online Application Website, where it shows confirmation of the fee payment.
- If Candidate had selected only ONE Paper there will be an option to choose a second paper. If Candidate desire to do so, Candidate can proceed by paying the additional amount as indicated.
- If a candidate has difficulty making the payment ( due to internet connection or power failure, for example ) or is not sure whether payment has been processed or not, then he / she should login to JOAPS website after one-hour and check the status of the payment.
- If status is “Fee Pending / Not Paid” then initiate a fresh online payment through JOAPS fee payment portal.
- If it is not done the application will be rejected due to non-payment of the application fee in time.
- In case, the fee amount has been debited from your bank account, but JOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to Candidate’s account within seven working days.
IIT Joint Admission Test ( JAM ) 2019 Admit Card
- An Admit Card, bearing the Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Photograph, Signature and Name ( s ) and Code ( s ) of the Test Paper ( s ) applied along with the Name and Address of the Test Centre allotted, will be available for download from JAM 2019 website from 04th January, 2019 till Examination Date.
- Admit Cards will not be sent by post / E-mail.
- The Candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the Candidate should inform the Organizing Chairman, JAM 2019, IIT Kharagpur immediately.
- If a candidate is not able to download the Admit Card, then the Chairman JAM of the respective IISc / IITs, under which the first choice Test City / Town of the candidate falls, may be contacted through Phone / Fax / E-mail, giving the Online Enrolment ID, Name, E-mail ID, Mobile Number, Mailing Address and City Code of the desired Test Centre ( first choice ) to get information about the Registration Number and the Name of the Test Centre allotted.
- A printout of the downloaded Admit Card must be brought to the test centre along with the original and valid photo identification. Please note that you have to give the details of this ID proof while filling the online application. No candidate will be permitted to appear in JAM 2019 examination without a valid Admit Card, and a valid and original ID. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators / JAM officials for verification.
- The Admit Card of JAM 2019 must be carefully preserved by the Candidate and produced at the time of admission, if required by the Admitting Institute.
- The Organizing Institute may withdraw the permission granted to a candidate to appear in JAM 2019, if it is found that the candidate is not eligible to appear in the exam, even though an Admit Card has been issued and is produced by the candidate before the Presiding Officer of the Test Centre.
IIT Joint Admission Test ( JAM ) Centres 2019
Joint Admission Test will be conducted at the following centres
- IIT Kanpur Zone
- IIT Kharagpur Zone
IIT Joint Admission Test ( JAM ) 2019 Important Dates
|1||Commencement of ONLINE Registration and Application||05th September, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Online Application Submission and Uploading of Documents||10th October, 2018|
|3||Admit Card Download||04th January, 2019|
|4||Mock Test link||10th January, 2019|
|5||Date of JAM 2019 Examination||10th February, 2019|
|6||Announcement of the Results of JAM 2019||20th March, 2019|
|7||Submission of Application Form for Admission||11th - 24th April, 2018|
|8||Last Date for receipt of request for change of category in proper format / rectification of defective documents at IIT Kharagpur||To be announced later|
|9||Declaration of First Admission List||To be announced later|
|10||Declaration of Second Admission List||To be announced later|
|11||Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||To be announced later|
|12||Closure of Admissions through JAM 2019||To be announced later|
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur -208 016.
Website : www.iitk.ac.in.