IIT Joint Admission Test 2019
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into Indian Institute of Technology through Joint Admission Test for the academic session 2019.
Joint Admission Test to M.Sc. ( JAM ) – 2019
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Eligibility
The candidates those wish to appear in IIT JAM 2019 entrance exam should fulfill JAM Eligibility Criteria given below.
- Nationality: Candidates belongs to Indian national and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: No age restriction to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have the Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate passed the qualifying exam with aggregate marks or CGPA / CPI ( without rounding-off ) with at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General / OBC ( NCL ) category candidates ( 50% or 5.0 for SC / ST and PwD category candidates ).
- Appearing Candidates: Final year studying candidates are eligible to apply.
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Exam Pattern
- IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 will be different as per the courses opted by the students.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held in computer-based mode.
- Session: The exam will be organized into two sessions, i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections: In the examinations, the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) Multiple Select Questions ( MSQ ), and Numerical Answer Type ( NAT ) questions.
- No. of Papers: Total seven papers will be organized for JAM exam.
- Duration: The exam duration will be three hours.
- Medium: The medium of the exam will be English only.
- Number of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ )||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions ( MSQ )||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type ( NAT )||30|
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Application Form
How to apply
- Application form will be available at the website www.iitd.ac.in.
- Candidates will be able to fill & submit the application only through online mode.
- The IIT JAM 2019 Registration will be started from the 01st September, 2018.
- Candidates can fill the IIT JAM 2019 application form till the 10th October, 2018.
- Candidates should upload their scanned images of photograph, signature & SC / ST / PwD certificates ( if applicable ).
- The authority will be provide JAM Application Correction facility in the month of October 2018.
- Take a printout copy of the application for further references.
- No hard copy of application & documents will be sent through offline mode to the organizing Institution.
- The fee can be paid through Net-banking / debit card / credit card. The application fee details are given below
- Female ( All Categories ) / SC / ST / PwD – 750 for one test paper & 1050 for two test papers
- All Others – 1000 for one test paper & 2100 for two test papers
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Admit Card
- IIT JAM Admit Card 2019 will be released from the 04th January, 2019.
- Aspirants will get the admit card through online mode only. It will not be sent by post/email.
- For downloading IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card candidates have to enter their Enrollment ID/Email ID, password, security code, etc.
- Candidates are advised to keep their login credentials safe as without it candidates cannot get their admit card.
- If candidates have forgotten their enrollment ID or password, they can recover it through “Forget Enrollment ID or Password” option.
- Candidates must preserve the IIT JAM Hall Ticket 2019 as it has to be produced at the time of admission.
- Admit card will contain candidate’s & exam relate details such as the following
- Name of Candidate’s
- Registration Number
- Name ( s ) & Code ( s ) of Test paper ( s )
- Name & Address of Test Center
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Selection Process
- Candidates, those qualify the examination ( whose names appear in the merit list ), they will be eligible to appear in IIT JAM Counselling Procedure.
- Candidates have to fill the admission form available in the first week of April, 2019 through online mode.
- On the basis of qualified test papers, candidates should apply for one or more academic courses.
- In the admission form, candidates have to fill a choice of courses in order of preference, educational qualifications, the percentage of marks / CGPA, category, PwD status, etc.
- Candidates have to pay 600 as an admission fee. The first admission list will be released in the fourth week of May, 2019.
- Admission offers will be sent to candidates by their respective institutes.
- Acceptance form must be submitted and advance seat booking fee of 10000 ( General / OBC-NCL candidates ) and 5000 ( SC / ST / PWD ) must be paid thereafter.
- Second admission list will be published on the website if seats remain vacant. After seat allotment, candidates have to visit the allotted college to complete admission. The fee paid will be adjusted with the institute fee after admission.
- IIT JAM 2019 Third and final admission list will be prepared if seats still remain vacant.
- Qualified candidates who are not allotted a seat in the 1st and 2nd admission round will remain on the waiting list.
- Any one who does not accept the acceptance offer from the institute will be removed from the admission process.
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Exam Centres
- The exam centres of JAM 2019 mentioned in the options are divided as per the eight IIT Zones where the exams will be conducted.
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus will be divided as per the subjects & sections. It will be comprised of following subject’s topics & chapters, i.e. Biotechnology ( BT ), Biological Sciences ( BL ), Chemistry ( CY ), Geology ( GC ), Mathematics ( MA ), Mathematical Statistics ( MS ) & Physics ( PH ). The IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus will be prepared by the Institution from 10+2+3 level.
- Biological Sciences ( BL ): General Biology, Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology, Mathematical Sciences.
- Biotechnology ( BT ): The Biotechnology test paper comprises of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The syllabus will be of graduation level.
- Chemistry ( CY ): Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry.
- Geology ( GG ): The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology.
- Mathematics ( MA ): Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis,
- Mathematical Statistics ( MS ): The Mathematical Statistics ( MS ) test paper comprises of Mathematics and Statistics. Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses.
- Physics ( PH ): Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, Simple Oscillators.
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Results
- Candidates will check their results only through online mode from the official website. The IIT JAM 2019 Resultwill be declared on 20th March, 2019.
- Candidates should download their IIT JAM 2019 scorecard in the last week of March, 2019. The organizing Institution will not send any hard copy of the score card through offline mode.
- No score card will be sent to candidates through offline mode.
- All India Rank ( AIR ) will be assigned as per the marks obtained in the examination.
- On the basis of performance in IIT JAM 2019, for each test paper, separate merit list will be prepared for GEN / OBC / SC / ST / PWD candidates.
- Merit list will be based on the number of seats available in each subject and AIR of every candidate.
- Qualified candidates can download their scorecard from 07th April, 2019 to 31st July, 2019.
- The scorecard will contain AIR and marks obtained in the particular subject.
IIT Joint Admission Test 2019 Important Dates
|1||IIT JAM 2018 Application Form Release on||01st September, 2018|
|2||Last date to submit application form||10th October, 2018|
|3||IIT Mock Test||10th January, 2019|
|4||IIT JAM Admit card||04th January, 2019|
|5||IIT JAM 2019 Exam Date||10th February, 2019|
|6||IIT JAM 2019 Result Declaration||20th March, 2019|
|7||IIT JAM 2019 Score Card Release||Last week of March, 2019|
|8||Admission Form Availability||01st week of April, 2019|
|9||Last date of verification of defective documents||08th May, 2019|
|10||01st admission list released||31st May, 2019|
|11||02nd admission list released||16th June, 2019|
|12||Declaration of First Admission List||30th June, 2019|
|13||Admission process will close on||05th July, 2019|
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110 016, INDIA
Phone : 011 2659 7135
Website : www.iitd.ac.in.