Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics ( IUCAA ) NCRA Admission Test ( INAT – 2018 )
Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics invites admission application for IUCAA – NCRA Admission Test ( INAT ) leading to admission in PhD programs for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
IUCAA – NCRA Admission Test Eligibility 2018
- The academic year at IUCAA begins in August every year. Students, who expect to complete their M.Sc. ( in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics ) or Integreted M.Sc. or B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. degree ( any branch ) by August are eligible to apply. In addition, talented final year B.Sc., 1st year M.Sc. ( in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics ), 2nd / 3rd year Integreted M.Sc. and 2nd / 3rd year B.E. / B.Tech. ( any branch ) students can also apply to be PRE-SELECTED for research scholarship ( to do Ph.D. ) at IUCAA.
- We are looking for highly motivated students with consistently good academic record. Students who have already completed the above degrees can also apply. Selection to research scholarship is through a written test and interviews.
- There is no M.Sc. or B.Sc. programme at IUCAA. However, the University of Pune does offer optional courses in astronomy and astrophysics under their M.Sc. programme in physics. These courses are often taught by IUCAA faculty.
IUCAA – NCRA Admission Test Application Form 2018
IUCAA – NCRA Admission Test application form is available in the official website www.iucaa.in.
- The application procedure is completely online.
- Offline applications are not accepted. No fees is charged for applying.
- Screening committees involving IUCAA and NCRA faculty members evaluate the applications and shortlist students for the written test.
- All such shortlisted students are informed by email.
- Interviews are conducted immediately after the written test and during the next couple of days, depending on the total number of students to be interviewed.
IUCAA – NCRA Admission Test Selection Procedure 2018
- We are looking for highly motivated students with a consistently good academic record. While we strongly encourage students from engineering backgrounds to apply for INAT – 2018, we emphasize that we are looking for students who are interested in carrying out doctoral research in Physics, or Astronomy and Astrophysics. We hence expect prospective candidates to have a good understanding of basic Physics.
- Based on the applications and referee assessments, a subset of the candidates will be short – listed and invited to take the written test, to be held in Pune on 13th December, 2018
- Candidates with 55% or more marks in the qualifying exam may walk – in for the written test by producing a valid photo identification and a copy of their most recent marksheet. All candidates should report at the Chandrasekhar Auditorium, IUCAA, together with the necessary documents for verification ( the ones mentioned above, for all walk – in candidates, and the Admit letter, for all invited candidates )
- Registration for the test will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 9:00 a.m. A seat in the test is not guaranteed unless registration is completed by the candidate during this period. The final selection to the research scholarship will be based on the results of the written test ( on 13th December, 2018 ) and two interviews ( on 13th December, 2018 and / or Friday, 14th December, 2018 ), both to be held in Pune
- Note that, for both IUCAA and NCRA – TIFR, the selection through INAT is in addition to the selection through the Joint Entrance Screening Test ( JEST )
IUCAA – NCRA Admission Test Important Dates 2018
|1||Application deadline||21st September, 2018|
|2||Last date for online submission of Assessment forms||25th September, 2018|
|3||Written test||13th December, 2018|
|4||Interviews on||13th December, 2018 and / or 14th December, 2018|
Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics,
Post Bag 4,
Savitribai Phule Pune University Campus,
Pune 411 007, India.,
Telephone No. : +91 20 2560 4100,
Fax : +91 20 2560 4699,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.iucaa.in.