JUET Entrance Exam 2017
University of Jammu invites application for admission to the following UG, PG & PG Diploma Programs for the Academic Session 2017 – 2018.
The admission to various academic programmes of the University of Jammu / Offsite Campuses / Affiliated Colleges for the Academic Session 2017 – 2018 shall be made on the basis of academic Merit and Jammu University Entrance Test ( JUET ).
JUET Entrance Test shall be held for admission in the following subjects
- PG Programs : Biochemistry ( Self-Financing ), Biotechnology ( NRI / Self-Financing ), Botany, Buddhist Studies, Chemistry, Commerce ( M.Com ), Computer Science & IT ( MCA ), Dogri, Economics, Economics ( Specialization in Public Policy ), Education, Electronics, English, Environmental Sciences, Food Science & Technology, Geography, Applied Geology, Geology (Hydrology & Soil Dynamics), Hindi, History, Home Science ( Human Dev. ), Human Genetics ( Self-Financing Course ), Information Technology ( M.Sc IT ), Kashmiri, Law ( LL.B – 3 Years Professional ), M.Ed., M.Lib.I.Sc, M.P.Ed, Mathematics, Microbiology (Self-Financing Course), Music, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Punjabi, Remote Sensing & GIS ( Self-Financing Course ), Rural Development, Sanskrit, Sericulture, Sociology, Statistics, Urdu, Zoology.
- PG Diploma Programs : Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management ( PGDBM ), Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications ( PGDCA ), Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Rights & Duties Education, Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management. PG Diploma in Banking & Risk Management, PG Diploma in Accounting & Finance, PG Diploma in Bioinformatics.
- UG Programs : B. Com ( Honours ), B.A. English ( Honours ), B.B.A. (Hotel Management), B.Lib.I.Sc., B.P.Ed, Law ( B.A. LLB – 5 years ).
University of Jammu JUET 2017 Exam Pattern
There shall be two set of question papers, one set for PG and the other set for UG Courses comprising of 150 objective type questions of one mark each and the duration for the Entrance Test shall be 2 ½ hours. The contents of the question paper and weightage shall be :
- General English – 40 questions
- General Knowledge – 40 questions
- Reasoning – 40 questions
- Numerical Ability – 30 questions
For every wrong answer there shall be negative marking of 0.25 marks. The candidate securing less than 30% marks for general category and 25% for SC / ST category shall not be eligible for admission. The following weightage shall be given to the candidates:
- Academic Merit of the qualifying examination 75%
- Entrance Test 25%
There shall be two question papers for JUET 2017, one for the candidates appearing after 12th class and other for the candidates appearing after graduation.
The level of numerical ability shall be of 10th standard only for both the question papers. The level of test for other components shall be of 12th standard in case of candidates appearing after 12th class and graduation standard for the candidates appearing after graduation.
University of Jammu JUET 2017 Exam Center
*Subject to the minimum 100 applicant at each centre. If the applicants are less than 100, them only one cantre will be established having maximum applicants.
Note : The Examination centre once opted by the candidate shall not be changed at the later stage.
University of Jammu JUET 2017 Application Form
- The candidates will be required to apply online exclusively through the website www.juet.in.
- Once the JUET Entrance application form is submitted online, the system will generate a challan form preprinted with the candidate’s details. The candidates are required to pay the requisite fee at any of the designated Branch* of the Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd. nearest of him / her through offline mode.
- The applicants are requested to positively collect hardcopy of JUET 2016 Brochure from the J&K Bank Ltd. at the time of payment of requisite fee. On payment of the requisite fee through computer generated challan, the process for the online application will be completed.
- Application fee for the Jammu University Entrance Test ( JUET ) to be charged from each candidate is 700/- for General Category and 600/- for SC / ST /ST ( Leh & Kargil ). The candidate desirous to be considered under self-Fiancing seats has to pay additional 600/- alongwith the requisite Entrance Fee.
- Mode of Payment : Through Jammu & Kashmir Bank Challan.
University of Jammu JUET 2017 Important Dates
|1||Date of Notification for Jammu University Entrance Test ( JUET )||30th April, 2017|
|2||Commencement of online submission of JUET 2016 application form on the website: www.juet.in and acceptance of fee at the designated Branches* of the J&K Banks||15th May, 2017|
|3||Last date for online submission of JUET application form on the website : www.juet.in||29th May, 2017|
|4||Last date of online submission of JUET application form ( With late fee of 110/- )||02nd June, 2017|
|5||Last date for acceptance of fee at the designated counters* of the J&K Banks||03rd June, 2017|
|6||Downloading of JUET Admit Cards on the University Website : www.juet.in||08th June, 2017 to 19th June, 2017|
|7||Date of Jammu University Entrance Test ( JUET 2017 )||20th June, 2017|
|8||Publication of Answer Key for JUET 2017||21st June, 2017|
|9||Last date for entertaining any complaint pertaining to question paper / Answer Key of JUET 2017||24th June, 2017|
|10||Date of declaration of JUET 2017 result||29th June, 2017|
University of Jammu,
Phone / Fax : 0191-2456892,
EPABX : 2301, 2305, 2109,
Website : www.jammuuniversity.in