JIPMER Entrance Exam 2017
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research for admission to DM & MCh Courses for the Session January, 2017.
1. JIPMER D.M. Courses
- Cardiac Anaesthesia
- Clinical Immunology
- Clinical Pharmacolog
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Gastroenterology
2. JIPMER M.Ch. Courses
- Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery (CTVS)
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
JIPMER 2017 Eligibility
|D.M. Subject||Eligibility||M.Ch. Subject||Eligibility|
|Cardiac Anaesthesia||MD / DNB ( Anesthesiology ) Degree of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India||CardioThoracic & Vascular Surgery|
|M.S. / DNB Degree in General Surgery of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India|
|Cardiology||M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics / Pulmonary Medicine of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India||Surgical Oncology||M.S./ DNB Degree in General Surgery / Obstetrics & Gynecology / Otolaryngology ( E.N.T ) / Orthopedic Surgery of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
|M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute/University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India|
|Medical Oncology||M.D. / DNB Degree in Medicine / Pediatrics / Radiotherapy of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
Pediatric Critical Care
|M.D. / DNB Degree in Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
|Medical Gastroenterology||M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
b. JIPMER D.M. / M.Ch Seats for 2017 Session
|DM ( Name of the Specialty )||General Seats||M Ch ( Name of the Specialty )||General Seats|
|Cardiology||2||Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery (CTVS)||2|
|Clinical Pharmacology||1||Surgical Gastroenterology||1|
c. JIPMER D.M. / M.Ch Selection Methods :
Computer Based Test / online examination will consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in the concerned specialty and related fields.
- There shall be only one paper of 90 minutes duration consisting of 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
- All questions will be of one best / correct response type having four alternatives.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and negative mark will be given.
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded Four Marks.
- ZERO mark will be given for the questions not answered.
- Negative marks will be given for incorrect response. For every incorrect response, ONE mark will be deducted.
- The response of the candidate for a question(s), on click of “submit button” before closing of Examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate or in other words, “If a question is answered and marked for review, your answer for that question will be considered in the evaluation”
JIPMER 2017 Application Form
- The JIPMER Prospectus and Instructions can be downloaded from the JIPMER Website http://jipmer.edu.in.
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on – line ONLY.
- Log on to link in the Home page http://jipmer.edu.in. and navigate to the link “Apply on-line for DM / M.Ch admission – January 2017 Session”.
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
- The candidate should acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on – line.
- Mode of payments are a) Net Banking, b) Credit Card, c) Debit Card
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using ANY ONE of the following mode of payment. NO OTHER MODE OF PAYMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED. a) Net Banking b) Credit Card c) Debit Card
Fees for Applying for either DM/M.Ch
- General ( UR ) / OCI – Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OBC – Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC / ST – Rs.1,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OPH – Exempted From Application Fees.
Fees for Applying for DM/M.Ch
- General ( UR ) / OCI – Rs.2,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OBC – Rs.2,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC / ST – Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OPH – Exempted From Application Fees
JIPMER DM / MCh 2017 Exam Centers
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. JIPMER, depending upon local conditions, reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
- If seats for Entrance Exam are unavailable in the chosen 2 exam cities, nearby (exam) cities will be considered for venues.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website/ text message.
JIPMER DM / MCh 2017 Hall Ticket
Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 03rd May, 2017 ( Wednesday ) 11.00 AM onwards.( Tentative )
The Hall Ticket will contain
- Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application
- Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
NO change in the category / age / name / DOB ( Date of Birth ) will be entertained after submission of application. The candidates in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date.
Request for rectification / change of any other details in the hall ticket shall NOT be considered under any circumstance. Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he/she produce the hall ticket from the JIPMER website at the exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
Candidates are advised to preserve their Hall Ticket, which is mandatory for admission.
JIPMER DM / MCh 2017 Result
The list of candidates who qualify for counseling / certificate verification to the D.M / M.Ch / Fellowshipcourse ( Discipline wise ) would be declared tentatively On or before 31st May, 2017 ( Monday ). The Percentile Scores of individual candidate will be made available on JIPMER Website www.jipmer.edu.in.
Requests for re-evaluation / re-checking will not be entertained under any circumstances. Based on the result of the Competitive Entrance Examination, the merit lists will be prepared based on Percentile Scores in each discipline (specialty) wise.
In each discipline ( specialty ) the total no. of candidate to be called for counseling/certificate verification will be 3 times the no.of seats available in each category.
Individual letters will NOT be sent to the SELECTED CANDIDATES and to those who are placed in the waiting list. Please check the website for the lists. Candidates and parents are advised to browse the website periodically for updated information. They will be required to attend Counseling / Certificate Verification at the Institute at their own cost on the notified date
Important Dates for JIPMER DM / MCh Course 2017
|1||On-line Registration from||13th March, 2017 ( Monday ) 11.00 AM|
|2||On-line Registration closes on||19th April, 2017 ( Wednesday ) 05.00 PM|
|3||Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu.in ( The Hall Tickets will be made available through Internet download ONLY and NOT by Post )||03rd May, 2017 ( Wednesday ) 11.00 AM TO
D.M/M.Ch Course - 21st May, 2017 ( Sunday ) 01.00 PM
|4||Date & Time of Entrance Examination ( Online Mode Only )||21st May, 2017 ( Sunday )
D.M/M.Ch Course :- 03.00 P.M to 04.30 P.M
|5||Expected date of publication of Merit List||On or Before 31st May, 2017 ( Wednesday )|
|6||Certificate Verification & Payment of Admission Fees||09th June, 2017 ( Friday )|
|7||Medical Examination, Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation||22nd June, 2017 ( Thursday )|
|8||Commencement of Course||03rd July, 2017 ( Monday ) 9.00 AM|
|9||Close of Admissions for DM.M.Ch / Fellowship JULY 2017 Session||31st July, 2017 ( Monday ) 12.30 PM|