Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST-)Exams Date »
Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST 2019
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for Joint Entrance Screening Test 2019 to get admissions into following institutes.
- Bose Institute
- IISER BHOPAL
- IISER KOLKATA
- IISER MOHALI
- IISER PUNE
- IISER THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
- IISER TIRUPATHI
- UGC-DAE CSR
Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST 2019 Eligibility
PhD in Physics
- M.Sc. in Physics ( all participating Institutes ).
Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics, as listed below.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be cnsidered at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered atIPR.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech Eng. Phys.will be considered at TIFR.
- M.E. / M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc ( Physics / Mathematics ), B.E / B.Tech / M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- B. Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B. Sc. ( Physics ) will be considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
- B.Sc ( Physics ) or B.E. / B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc. ( Physics ) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
- B. Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc. / B.E. / B.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc. ( Physics / Applied Physics ) / Post-B.Sc. ( Hons ) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram.
- B. Sc. ( Physics ) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
M. Sc. Programme at HRI.
- B. Sc. ( Physics ) or B.E. / B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017.
- The Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST 2019 Application Form
How to apply
- JEST application form will be available at the website www.jest.org.in.
- Application form is to be submitted online only.
- To apply online, applicants must create an account using a valid email-id.
- This account will remain valid from the time of account creation till one month after the date of declaration of results, for that year.
- Email-ids are linked to the created account as well as to the application, and will be used for all communications with the applicants.
- Therefore, the email-id should be active and must not be changed during this period.
- To submit application online, applicants must login to the created account and complete the application form.
- After submission, an unique submission number will be sent to candidate’s email-id.
- Save all the emails sent to candidate and the unique submission number must be quoted by the applicant for any communication with the JEST authority.
- An Application Fee of [rupee]300 ( [rupee]150 for SC / ST, Female applicants ONLY ) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using Debit / Credit cards and Net-banking.
- Payment by any other mode will NOT be accepted.
- Check the Available Payment Options and Transaction Charges
- Application Fee is waived for FEMALE applicants belonging to SC / ST.
- They need not pay the application fee.
- Go through the refund policy ( new tab ) before paying the application fee.
- Payment of the fee will imply candidate’s agreement to the stated refund policies.
- On successful submission of ON-LINE application form candidate will receive an E-mail with following information from JEST Website.
- Application data after final submission containing Unique Submission Number and filled in data.
- candidates are request to save this e-mail for further correspondence with the JEST authority.
- If candidate do not receive the above-mentioned e-mail after submission of application form and the successful e-payment of the application fee, contact JEST authority.
Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card will be available in the JEST webpage after 20th January, 2019.
- Bring a printout of the downloaded admit card and one of candidate’s photo-ids for entry into the examination centre. Admit cards will NOT be sent by post / email.
Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST 2019 Exam Centres
Entrance Examination will be conducted on following cities.
- Mangalore ( Centre is subject availability. Second option will be allotted if centre is not available )
Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST 2019 Important Dates
|1||Last date for submitting online applications and payments||15th December, 2019|
|2||JEST 2019 Exam Date||17th February, 2019 ( Sunday )|
Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS)
Sector-III, Block JD, Salt Lake,
Kolkata – 700 098, West Bengal
Website : www.jest.org.in.