JGEEBILS Entrance Examination 2016
National Centre for Biological Sciences,
TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road,
Bengaluru – 560 065.
Phone No. : 080 – 23666021,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.univ.tifr.res.in.
The JGEEBILS is a shared entrance test for several institutions doing research in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences. The test is coordinated by NCBS / TIFR.
the Tata Institute of Fundamental Reaserch invites applications for admission to the following courses :
- PhD ( All Institutes )
- Integrated MSc – PhD ( DBS, NCBS and IISER Pune, Kolkata )
- M.Sc. by Research ( DBS )
- Integrated PhD
- MSc Neuroscience ( NBRC )
JEEBILS Entrance Exam Date 2016
|NCBS / TIFR JGEEBILS 2016 Exam Date : 13th December, 2015 ( Sunday )|
JGEEBILS 2016 Eligibility
- JGEEBILS PhD Program : Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include M.Sc.( Ag ), B.Tech, B.E., B.V.Sc. B.Pharma ( 4 years course ), MBBS., BDS. M. Pharma. Students with training in Physics or Chemistry are encouraged to apply to the programs.
- Integrated Ph.D / M.Sc. by Research Program : Bachelors in any Basic Science.
- M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation: Indian nationals who have a Bachelors degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 50% in core subjects), less than 35 years of age as on July 1, 2015 and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation. Graduate nationals of Central, South and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply.
Students who expect to complete their degrees by July 2016 are eligible to apply.
JGEEBILS 2016 Examination Centres
|Category||B.Sc Nursing||BASLP||B.Sc AMS||Total|
|General ( UR )||22||3||39||64|
JEEBILS 2016 Online Application Form
Students can apply online for hall tickets to participate in the tests. Please follow the appropriate link on this website for completing the application form. Please read the instructions carefully before you start filling up the online application form.
Students from remote areas who do not have access to internet may apply manually. They may send a request for an application form ( without DD ) along with a self-addressed stamped ( 10 ) envelope ( size 25cm x 17 cm ) superscribed “GS 2016 to the following address :
National Centre for Biological Sciences,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
GKVK, Bellary Road,
Bangalore – 560 065.
The completed application form should be sent along with DD and two passport size photographs ( one pasted on the application and one stapled to it ).
Students may appear for the written test in multiple subjects if timings do not clash. Please send a separate application ( including Demand Draft ) for each subject. In case of online applicants, students will have to re-register with a different email id.
Students who wish to apply online and make payment by Demand Draft may send the Demand Draft with their name, reference code and telephone number written behind it. Alternately, students can make online payment by Debit / Credit Card.
JGEEBILS 2016 Application Fee & Payment
JGEEBILS Application Fee ( Non – Refundable ) : Male applicants – 500/- for applications submitted online and 550/- for applications sent manually by post. Female applicants – 100/- for applications submitted online as well as for applications sent manually by post ( Please see the walk-ins section on this website ).
Application fee can be paid online by Debit / Credit Card or through Demand Draft. After successful payment transaction, please login to your account on our website by using your reference code as your user id and check the payment status of your application. Normally, online payments are received within 2 working days and an auto email is sent by the system acknowledging the payment. If your transaction has been successful and your account has been debited and you do not receive the acknowledgement email within 7 days and your payment status is not updated in your account, you may write to the email ids as given in the “contact us” section.
Demand Draft : DD should be drawn on State Bank of India in favour of National Centre for Biological Science payable at Bangalore.
Please Note :
- Instructions for downloading / printing of hall tickets will be intimated by email only after receipt of application fee / approval of fee waiver.
- DDs with wrong denomination are invalid and will not be returned and the hall ticket will not be issued.
JEEBILS 2016 Important Dates
- Nationwide Entrance Examination : 13th December, 2015 ( Sunday )
- Last date for application : 10th October, 2015
- Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination : 15th January, 2016
JEEBILS 2016 Selection Procedure for Biology
All applicants are required to appear for the written test conducted at different centers nationally. The test will cover basic topics in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology.
There is a separate written test for the MSc Wildlife Biology and Conservation covering topics on general knowledge, analytical and quantitative skills, wildlife biology and an essay on a conservation issue.
Those who qualify on this test will be sent forms for the next phase of the selection procedure. Performance in the written test, together with the information requested in the additional application material will be used to short list candidates for interviews.
The NCBS and DBS admission process for PhD / IntPhD programs are common up to the Entrance Test. Separate interviews will be held at Bangalore and Mumbai.
The DBS conducts a single interview in Mumbai in Feb / March, 2016 NCBS interviews are in two stages held over a three day period. These are typically scheduled in May / June, 2016.
Details about the interview procedure would be provided to candidates who are shortlised from the entrance exam.
JGEEBILS 2016 Test Timings
13th December, 2015 ( Sunday )
Morning Session : 09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
- Computer & Systems Sciences
- Wildlife Biology and Conservation
Afternoon Session : 02:30 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.
- Biology ( PhD, Int.PhD and M.Sc by Research )
Students who appear for the tests in Physics or Chemistry and would like to be considered for a Biology Program should indicate this on their answer script. They are not required to appear for the Biology test as well although they can choose to do so. In the latter case, the candidates may get a hall ticket by following walk – in – procedure or by applying separately by online.