JGEEBILS Entrance Examination 2017
The JGEEBILS is a shared entrance test for several institutions doing research in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences. The test is coordinated by NCBS / TIFR.
The Tata Institute of Fundamental Reaserch invites applications for admission to the following courses :
- PhD ( All Institutes )
- Integrated MSc – PhD ( DBS, NCBS and IISER Pune, Kolkata )
- M.Sc. by Research ( DBS )
- Integrated PhD
- MSc Neuroscience ( NBRC )
JGEEBILS 2017 Eligibility
- PhD programme : Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include M.Sc. (Ag), B.Tech, B.E., B.V.Sc. B. Pharma ( 4 yrs course ), MBBS., BDS. M. Pharma. Students with training in Physics or Chemistry are encouraged to apply to the programmes.
- Integrated Ph.D / M.Sc. by Research Programme : Bachelors in any Basic Science.
- M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation : Indian nationals who have a Bachelors degree in any discipline ( with a minimum of 50% in core subjects ), and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation. Graduate nationals of Central, South and South east Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply.
Students who expect to complete their degrees by July 2018 are eligible to apply.
JEEBILS 2017 Online Application Form
Students can apply online for hall tickets to participate in the tests. Please follow the appropriate link on this website for completing the application form. Please read the instructions carefully before you start filling up the online application form.
Students from remote areas who do not have access to internet may apply manually. They may send a request for an application form ( without DD ) along with a self-addressed stamped ( 10 ) envelope ( size 25cm x 17 cm ) superscribed “GS 2017 to the following address :
National Centre for Biological Sciences,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
GKVK, Bellary Road,
Bangalore – 560 065.
The completed application form should be sent along with DD and two passport size photographs ( one pasted on the application and one stapled to it ).
Students may appear for the written test in multiple subjects if timings do not clash. Please send a separate application ( including Demand Draft ) for each subject. In case of online applicants, students will have to re-register with a different email id.
Students who wish to apply online and make payment by Demand Draft may send the Demand Draft with their name, reference code and telephone number written behind it. Alternately, students can make online payment by Debit / Credit Card.
Application Fee & Payment :
JGEEBILS Application Fee ( Non – Refundable ) : Male applicants – 600/- for applications submitted online and 650/- for applications sent manually by post. Female applicants – 100/- for applications submitted online as well as for applications sent manually by post
Application fee can be paid online by Debit / Credit Card or through Demand Draft. After successful payment transaction, please login to your account on our website by using your reference code as your user id and check the payment status of your application. Normally, online payments are received within 2 working days and an auto email is sent by the system acknowledging the payment. If your transaction has been successful and your account has been debited and you do not receive the acknowledgement email within 7 days and your payment status is not updated in your account, you may write to the email ids as given in the “contact us” section.
Demand Draft : DD should be drawn on State Bank of India in favour of National Centre for Biological Science payable at Bangalore.
Please Note :
- Instructions for downloading / printing of hall tickets will be intimated by email only after receipt of application fee / approval of fee waiver.
- DDs with wrong denomination are invalid and will not be returned and the hall ticket will not be issued.
JGEEBILS 2017 Examination Centres
|Ahmedabad||St Xavier's College|
Near Gujarat University, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009.
Directions: The college is located off-Gujarat University Road ( facing the entrance of L.D. Engineering College ).
|Guwahati||Lecture Hall Complex (in front of Academic Complex)|
Indian Institute of Technology
|Kolkata 03||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1,
Salt Lake, Sector 1, E B Block, Labony, Kolkata 700 064. (W.B)
|Bangalore||Examination Hall, University of Agricultural Sciences|
GKVK, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560065.
Directions: Mekhri Circle > Proceed 9 km North > After L&T on left turn into UAS-GKVK > After 2.5 km > College of Agricultural building.
|Haldwani||Indira Priyadarshini Govt. Girls P.G. College of Commerce|
Haldwani (Nainital), Uttarakhand
|Madurai||The Madura College
Vidyanagar, T.P.K. Road, Madurai 625011.
Directions: The college is located just 1 km from Periyar Bus Stand / 1.5 km from Madurai Railway Junction.
|Bhubaneshwar||Yet to finalise the new venue for the examination.||Hyderabad||University of Hyderabad|
College of Integrated Studies, South Campus, University of Hyderabad, Prof. C.R Road Road, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500046.
|Mangalore||Government College (University College), U.P Malya Road
Hampanakatta, Mangalore 575001, Dakshina Kannada, Karanataka.
|Chandigarh||Department of Physics, Centre for Advanced Study in Physics|
Near P.U. Sports Ground, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh 160014.
|Indore||School of Physics, Vigyan Bhavan, Takshashila Campus|
Khandwa Road, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (MP) 452001
|Mumbai||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005.
Directions: From CST, bus route nos. 3, 6, 11, 125 comes to Colaba which terminate at Navy Nagar Bus Depot. From Churchgate, bus route no. 137 comes to Navy Nagar Bus depot.
|Chennai||Indian Institute of Technology|
Class Room Complex (CRC)
|Jaipur||India International School|
Kshipra Path, Opp. V.T. Road, Mansarovar, Jaipur 302020.
|Nagpur||Shri Ramdeo Baba Kamla Nehru Engineering College
G-Block (First Year Block), Gittikhadan, Katol Road, Nagpur 440013.G-Block (First Year Block), Gittikhadan, Katol Road,
|Cochin||School of Engineering|
Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT)
Trikkakkara Campus, Cochin 682036.
Directions: CUSAT is in the Ernakulam-Aluva bus route, 10 km from Ernakulam and 10 km from Aluva. There are number of private and transport buses through this route, almost one bus for every 10-15 minutes. Autorickshaw will charge about 140/- from Ernakulam and Aluva.
|Jammu & Kashmir||Exam Hall, Near J & K Bank Limited,|
University Campus, Jammu University
New University Campus, Jammu 180004.
|Patna||Dr.D.Y. Patil Pushapalata Patil Internationl School, Jaganpura
Road, Brahmpur New Bypass, Kankarbagh, Patna 800027.
|Delhi 01||Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College|
University of Delhi
Delhi 110 007.
|Kanpur||Lecture Hall Complex, Indian Institute of Technology|
PO: IIT, Kanpur, Kanpur 208016.
|Pune||Loyola High School & Junior College
Pashan Road, Pune 411 008
|Delhi 02||Kendriya Vidhyalaya, Pragati Vihar|
|Kolkata 01||South Calcutta Girls’ College,|
72, Sarat Bose Road, Garcha, Bhowanipore
|Varanasi||New Lecture Theatre Complex, Institute of Science (Behind DST-CIMS Building)
Banaras Hindu University
|Delhi 03||Kendriya Vidyalaya, NMR, J.N.U. Old Campus,|
Baba Gang Nath Marg, Near Ber Sarai,
New Delhi 110067
|Kolkata 02||Department of Mathematics, Basanti Devi College|
147 B, Rash Behari Avenue, Kolkata 700029 (W.B.).
|Visakhapatnam||GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University
Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam 530 045.
JEEBILS 2017 Selection Procedure for Biology
- All applicants are required to appear for the written test conducted at different centers nationally. The test will cover basic topics in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology.
- There is a separate written test for the MSc Wildlife Biology and Conservation covering topics on general knowledge, analytical and quantitative skills, wildlife biology and an essay on a conservation issue.
- Those who qualify on this test will be sent forms for the next phase of the selection procedure. Performance in the written test, together with the information requested in the additional application material will be used to short list candidates for interviews.
- The NCBS and DBS admission process for PhD / IntPhD programs are common up to the Entrance Test. Separate interviews will be held at Bangalore and Mumbai.
- The DBS conducts a single interview in Mumbai in Feb / March 2018 NCBS interviews are in two stages held over a three day period. These are typically scheduled in May / June 2018.
- Details about the interview procedure would be provided to candidates who are shortlised from the entrance exam.
JEEBILS 2017 Important Dates 2017
|1||Last Date for Submission of Application Form||12th October, 2017|
|2||Date of Entrance Examination||10th December, 2017 ( Sunday )|
National Centre for Biological Sciences,
TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road,
Bengaluru – 560 065,
Phone No. : 080 – 23666021,
Website : www.ncbs.res.in