KBAT Entrance Exam 2015
Karnataka Biotechnology & Information Technology Services ( KBITS ),
3rd Floor, UNI Building,
Thimmaiah Road, Miller Tank Bed Area,
Bangalore – 560 052,
Phone No. : +91 – 80 22377309,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.btfskarnataka.org.
Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test for Admission of students to Biotechnology Finishing Schools ( BTFS ) for post graduate Diploma in specialized biotechnology related job oriented courses.
Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test applications are invited for Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test 2015 admission into post – graduate diploma in specialized areas of biotechnology for the academic session 2015 – 2016. Admissions of KBAT 2015 will be through an online entrance test followed by an KBAT Interview. At the time of Interview of KBAT, candidate should carry three passport size photos, original and photocopy of degree certificates.
Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test Date 2015
|KBAT 2015 Online Exam Date : 05th August, 2015; onwards.|
KBAT 2015 Course Fee Structure
- Fees for the 12 months’ program shall not exceed 50,000/- per student.
- A sum of 10,000 ( non – refundable ) to be paid directly to the chosen BTFS host institution for confirming the allotted seat immediately after selection.
Eligibility Criteria for KBAT 2015
Candidates must have a minimum of 50% in Masters degree from Universities of the state or any other University recognized as equivalent in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or any other life science related courses; B.E. / B.Tech. – Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Agriculture, Veterinary, MBBS and BDS are also eligible to apply. Candidates who have appeared for the M.Sc / B.E. final exams can also apply.
In certain exceptional cases ( PTC – MMAS – Sirsi ) B.Sc degree holders are eligible.
Upon selection, a provisional degree certificate should be submitted to the respective colleges within two weeks of course commencement.
KBAT 2015 Online Registration
1) Payment towards Registration to KBAT to be done at the nearest Canara Bank branch across India to the following :
Amount : 400
Account No. : 2827201001221
Name of the Account : KBITS BTFS – KBAT
Type of the Account : Current Account
IFSC Code : IFSC – CNRB0000681
Branch : Shanthi Nagar, Bangalore – 560027
2) Payment to be made either in NEFT / by cash.
3) Transaction ID / Number is mandatory for getting registered to KBAT. Please collect the Transaction Id from bank after making the payment and only use the Id given by bank.
4) Valid email ID is a mandatory field in the registration form.
Instructions for KBAT Online Registration 2015
- Please fill in right data in the form. Don’t make any spelling mistakes or errors.
- Your photo file should be less than 250kb in JPEG format only.
- Make sure that you have already made the payment towards registration before going for online registration process since its payment details will be required during registration.
- Please enter exact Transaction Number since your registration will be confirmed based on valid payment transaction Id.
- Enter user name & password of your choice for login at the beginning of registration form.
- After Registration click on the confirmation link sent to your email Id for completing Registration process. If it is not in Inbox, please check Spam folder.
KBAT 2015 Fee Structure
- Fees for the 12 months program shall not exceed 50,000/- per student.
- A sum of 10,000 ( non – refundable ) to be paid for confirming the allotted seat and 40,000 to be paid directly to the BTFS host institution.
KBAT 2015 Selection Process
Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test The process consists of two steps. The first step is to achieve success in an online exam (KBAT) and the second step is to perform well in a live interview in Bangalore.
KBAT ( Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test 2015 ) is an all India on-line examination administered and conducted by KBITS ( Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services ) to admit students to the BTFS ( Biotechnology Finishing School ) program launched by the Government of Karnataka. Students interested in admission to BTFS program must register to take up KBAT online exam on or before 25th July, 2015. KBAT aims to test the fundamental concepts in Biology, in particular, cell and molecular biology as well as general biology; general aptitude and proficiency in English. The exam will be set online so that it can be taken anywhere with a good internet facility. KBAT consists of 100 multiple choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes in a highly disciplined manner. The short listed candidates are expected to attend a personal interview tentatively on 25th & 26th August, 2015 in Bangalore.
Personal Interview :
|Course Duration||Course Name||Course Duration||Course Name||Course Duration||Course Name|
|3 Year||Higher Diploma in JD & Manufacturing||12 Week||JD: Computer aided||20 Week||Rough Diamound Asortment|
|8 Week||Higher JD: Computer - aided||8 Week||Jewellery Casting||12 Week||Polished Diamond Grading|
|4 Week||Jewellery Repairing / Stone Setting / Refining||48 Week||Diploma in Diamond Processing||4 Week||Diamond Grading ( International system )|
|8 Week||Planning & Marketing ( computer aided )||16 Week||Bruting/Polishing||16 Week||Diploma in Gemmology|
|8 Week||Gemstone ( Navratna ) Identification||12 Week||Colour Gemstone cutting & Polishing.||36 Week||Diploma in Gemmology|
|24 Week||Diploma in Jewellery Casting Techniques||36 Week||Diploma in Gem Diamond Identification & Grading|
Final Score for each student = 40% of KBAT Marks + 60 % Interview Marks Final merit list is generated. Seats are allotted based on merit and choice of the course, the student would have mentioned in the registration form.
KBAT 2015 Important Dates
|SI.No.||Name of the Specialty||College|
|**Dr.B.R.K.R, Hyderabad.||**Dr.N.R.S, Vijayawada.||S.V.A.C Tirupati.|
|2.||Salya, Salakya and Prasuti Tantra ( Salya - 3 + Salakya - 3 + Prasuti Tantra - 4 )||10||-||-|
|3.||Dravyaguna / Dravyaguna Vigyan||6||-||6|
|5.||Ayurveda Samhitha ||-||-||-|
|7.||Salya Tantra - Ksharavam Anushastra Karma||-||6|