Kerala Medical Superspeciality Entrance Exam 2016
Applications are invited for the Kerala Superspeciality Entrance Examination for admission to Medical Post Graduate Super Speciality Courses, Kerala in the Medical Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam.
Kerala Medical Superspeciality Admission for the following Specialities :
|Sl.No.||Name of Courses||Medical College||Total|
|5||D.M. Pulmonary Medicine||1||1|
|6||M.Ch. Paediatric Surgery||6||1||4||11|
|7||M.Ch. Plastic Surgery||2||1||2||5|
|8||M.Ch. Genito Urinary Surgery||6||2||3||4||15|
|9||M.Ch. Thoracic Surgery||4||1||2||7|
|10||M.Ch. Neuro Surgery||6||2||2||1||2||13|
|11||M.Ch. Gastroenterology Surgery||1||1|
TVM – Thiruvananthapuram, ALP – Alappuzha, KTM – Kottaym, TCR – Thrissur, KKD – Kozhikode.
Kerala PG Superspeciality Eligibility 2016
- Applicants should be an Indian citizen.
- Have passed the MBBS degree / PG degree ( MD / MS / Dip NB recognised ) from any of the Medical Colleges within India.
Basic Academic Qualifications :
- MBBS Degree.
- Appropriate postgraduate degree ( MD / MS ) of the universities in Kerala or any other university recognized by Kerala University of Health Sciences ( KUHS ) as equivalent thereto or appropriate Diplomate of National Board ( Dip.N.B ) Appropriate Post Graduate qualification required for applying to each of the Super Speciality Courses will be MD / MS / Dip. N.B. in the subjects noted below :
|S.No||Courses||Subjects in which P.G. Qualification is necessary|
|1||M. Ch. Pediatric Surgery||General Surgery|
|2||M. Ch. Plastic Surgery||General Surgery|
|3||M. Ch. Genito Urinary Surgery||General Surgery|
|4||M. Ch. Thoracic Surgery||General Surgery|
|5||M. Ch. Neuro Surgery||General Surgery|
|6||M. Ch. Gastroenterology Surgery||General Surgery|
|7||D. M. Cardiology||General Medicine / Pediatrics|
|8||D.M. Gastroenterology||General Medicine / Pediatrics|
|9||D. M. Neurology||General Medicine / Paediatrics|
|10||D. M. Nephrology||General Medicine / Pediatrics|
|11||D.M. Pulmonary Medicine||General Medicine / Respiratory Medicine / Paediatrics|
Note 1 : Candidates who have appeared or are appearing for the MD / MS examination can also apply and they should produce the PG Degree certificate at the time of counseling.
Registration : Candidates should have got their MBBS and PG Degrees registered ermanently with State Medical Council [ T. C. Medical Council ] and it should be submitted at the time of counseling.
Age : No upper age limit
All candidates, including service quota candidates, shall have to qualify the Entrance Examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala by securing minimum of 50% marks for either Paper I or Paper II ( 40% marks for either Paper I or Paper II for SEBC and SC / ST candidates ). SEBC, SC / ST candidates are eligible for relaxation of marks for qualifying the Entrance Examination only. There is no reservation of seats for SEBC and SC / ST candidates.
Duration of the Kerala PG Medical Superspeciality Course
- Duration of the course shall be 3 years from the date of commencement of the course.
- All candidates shall complete 3 years from their date of joining the course.
- The date of commencement of the course will be 1st August, 2016 or as decided by Government of India / Medical Council of India / Supreme Court of India.
- All candidates are required to obtain a minimum of 80% attendance each year before Promotion to the next year.
- Extension for the leave taken in an year may be done in the same year itself.
- Final attendance will be calculated taking the average for the three years.
Distribution of Kerala PG Seats
1. Distribution of available seat with different categories is given below :
|S.No.||Name of Courses||Total||General||MESQ||HSQ||IMSQ|
|5||D.M. Pulmonary Medicine||1**||1|
|6||M.Ch. Paediatric Surgery||11||5||1||4||1|
|7||M.Ch. Plastic Surgery||5||4||1|
|8||M.Ch. Genito Urinary Surgery||15||10||4||1|
|9||M.Ch. Thoracic Surgery||7||6||1|
|10||M.Ch. Neuro Surgery||13||12||1|
|11||M.Ch. Gastroenterology Surgery||1||1|
2. Out of 100 seats available under various specialties 4 seats will be set apart for faculty in the concerned specialties under the Medical Education service, 24 seats for those serving under Health Service Department and 4 seats under Insurance Medical Service The rest of the seats (68) will be distributed under General merit.
3. ** This year the turn is for MESQ.
Kerala PG Superspeciality Syllabus 2016
Kerala PG Superspeciality entrance examination will consist of Two Papers, each of one and half hours duration and containing 90 Objective Type [ Multiple Choice ] questions. Appearance in both Paper I and Paper II of the Entrance examination is compulsory for admission to the course.
Kerala PG Medical Syllabus of Paper – I will be different for the candidate appearing for Medical Superspeciality and for those appearing for Surgical Superspecialities.
The question pattern of Paper – I for Medical Super Specialties will cover the questions on the following subjects at the Post Graduate level.
|4||Pathology including Haematology||5|
The question pattern of Paper – I for Surgical Super Specialties will cover the questions on the following subjects at the Post Graduate level.
Paper – II will cover the questions in the Super Speciality subjects of the course, which will also be at the Post Graduate level.
Kerala Superspeciality Application Form 2016
Kerala PG Superspeciality 2016 Application Procedure
The Kerala Superspeciality application procedure is common for all candidates applying for the course. Candidates seeking admission to the course can apply in the online application form provided in the website “www.cee-kerala.org” of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations [ CEE ] and then remit the required fee at a designated bank.
Kerala PG Medical Superspeciality application fee is 1000/- for SC / ST candidates and 2500/- for all other candidates. The Prospectus can be downloaded from this website. The application forms and the prospectus will not be available from the Medical Colleges and from the office of the CEE. Service candidate seeking admission in General Merit Quota also, should remit extra 1500/-. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded at any cost.
Kerala Superspeciality 2016 Important Dates
|The Kerala Super Speciality Application available from||9th June, 2016|
|Last Date of Submission of Kerala Super Speciality Application Form||20th June, 2016 3:00 PM|
|Kerala Super Speciality Entrance Exam||9th July, 2016 & 10th July. 2016|
Kerala Superspeciality Entrance Exam Schedule :
|Date & Time||Name of Paper|
|9th July, 2016 ( Saturday )|
|9:30 AM to 11:00 AM||Paper I – General Paper ( Medical )|
|Paper I – General Paper ( Surgical )|
|11:30 AM to 1:00 PM||Paper II – Neonatology|
|Paper II – Paediatric Surgery|
|2:00 PM to 3:30 PM||Paper II – Pulmonary Medicine|
|Paper II – Thoracic Surgery|
|4:00 PM to 5:30 PM||Paper II – Neurology|
|Paper II – Neuro Surgery|
|10th July, 2016 ( Sunday )|
|9:30 AM to 11:00 AM||Paper II – Cardiology|
|Paper II – Plastic Surgery|
|11:30 AM to 1:00 PM||Paper II – Gastroenterology|
|Paper II – Gastroenterology Surgery|
|2:30 PM to 4:00 PM||Paper II – Nephrology|
|Paper II – Genito Urinary Surgery|
Government of Kerala,
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
Housing Board Buildings, Santhinagar,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001,
Phone No. : 0471 – 2332120,
Fax : 0471 – 2337228,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.cee-kerala.org