Mohanlal Sukhadia University PhD Entrance Exam 2017
Mohanlal Sukhadia University applications are invited to PhD Program in the faculties of Science / Commerce / Management / Social Science / Humanities / Law / Earth Sciences and Education. Admission to the PhD program will be made through Research Entrance Test – RET 2017 and interview as per PhD regulations of the university based on UGC regulation 2016.
Areas of Research :
|Faculty of Science||Faculty of Social Sciences||Faculty of Humanities|
|Computer Science||Political Science||English|
|Mathematics & Statitics||Psychology||Philosophy|
|Botany||Public Administration||Jainology & Prakrit|
|Pharmacy||Faculty of Earth Sciences||Faculty of Education|
|Faculty of Commerce||Geography||Faculty of Law|
|Business Administration||Environmental Science||Law|
|Banking & Business Economics||Faculty of Management Studies|
Mohanlal Sukhadia University PhD 2017 Eligibility
- Post Graduate degree in the relevant subject with minimum 55% marks from a recognized University or should have qualified in an examination conducted nu professional bodies leading to CA, CS, ICWA, PGDM approved by AICTE, New Deli.
- A relaxation of 5% marks at the PG level will be given to SC / ST/ OBC ( Non Creamy layer ) and physically handicapped students.
- Exemption : No candidates shall be exempted from the Research Entrance Test irrespective of their qualifying in UGC / CSIR NET ( JRF ), etc.
Mohanlal Sukhadia University PhD Entrance Exam Scheme 2017
The MSU PhD examination will consist of two papers. Examination for both the papers will be held on 12th November, 2017 (Sunday).
Paper I :
(a) For all subjects except subjects under Faculty of Science
The questions shall be of general nature, intended to assess the research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. A total of 50 multiple choice questions ( MCQ ) will be set. There will be no negative marking.
(b) For all subjects under Faculty of Science;
Paper I shall contain two parts
- Part A : General Science; Part “A” of Paper-I shall contain 40 General Science questions including computer awareness. These questions shall he common to all Science subject areas. Topics will be the same as that normally covered in secondary school as well as recent developments in Science which a student of Science is expected lo know, A candidate shall be required to answer a maximum of 25 questions from PART-A. In case a candidate answers more than 25 questions, only first 25 questions answered will be taken Up for evaluation.
- Part “B” of the Paper-1 shall contain 25 questions to test reasoning utility, comprehension and divergent thinking to assess the research aptitude of the candidate.
Paper- II :
This paper will be separate for each subject anti will consist of 50 MCQ. There will be no negative marking. The syllabus for this paper will be the same as that of UGC / CSIR NET examination.
- Syllabus and sample papers are available on the UCC website and also on the University web site www.mlsu.ac.in and www.dpsmlsu.org
- Candidates who have applied for the test will be required to download their admit card from the University web site form December, 2017
- Paper – II will be evaluated only for those candidates who are able to secure the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-1 as per the table given below :
Category A Minimum Qualifying Marks:
|General / OBC||50||50||100|
|PH / SC / ST / OBC ( Non-creamy layer )||45||45||90|
Mohanlal Sukhadia University PhD 2017 Application Form
MLSU PhD application form and other details can be downloaded from the university website www.dpsmlsu.org from 1st September, 2017 and should be submitted to the office of the following address on or before 26th September, 2017 on payment 1000/- ( 500/- for SC / ST / Physically Handicapped candidates ) through Demand Draft in favour of “Dean, Post-Graduate Studies, MLSU, Udaipur”.
Further notification / instructions etc. to the candidates related to Ph.D. admission, interview, joining course work and all other related to Ph.D programme etc. will be issued electronically only through the website ( www.dpsmlsu.org ) as all candidates applied / admitted to the Ph.D. programme are advise to check website regularly. University shall not be responsible for lapses o the part of the candidate resulting form mission to note website notifications.
Mohanlal Sukhadia University PhD 2017 Important dates
- Application form Start form – 01st September, 2017
- Last date for submission on application form – 26th September, 2017
- Date of Examination – 12th November, 2017 ( Sunday )
Mohanlal Sukhadia PhD 2017 Exam Schedule
- MLSU PhD 2017 Paper I : 01.00 P.M to 02.00 P.M
- MLSU PhD 2017 Paper II : 02.00 P.M to 03.00 P.M
Mohanlal Sukhadia University,
Udaipur – 313 039,
Telephone No. : +91 294 2471969 / 2471794,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.dpsmlsu.org.