National Board of DNB PD CET Examination 2016
National Board of Examination application are invites for admission to the Post Graduate DNB ( Secondary ) for the academic session January, 2016.
NBE DNB PDCET 2016 Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Govt of India i.e. have passed / Passing the final examinations for Post graduate diploma on or before 31st May, 2016 can apply for the Post diploma CET examination in the same Broad specialty. Candidate should have completed his / her 2 years of post diploma training by 31st May, 2016.
- Submission of proof of having passed / Passing the Post graduate diploma st final examination on or before the 31st May 2016 is an essential prerequisite. In case the candidate does not submit requisite proof of passing his / her post graduate diploma final examination, the candidate shall not be allowed to appear in PDCET July 2016 admission session.
- A self attested copy of Post Graduate diploma qualification has to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org OR National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110029 latest by 6 June, 2016 failing which the candidature will not be considered for PDCET.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of PDCET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and / or being successful in the PDCET, the result / candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and / or are deemed to be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in PDCET from candidates, who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification after 31st May, 2016 shall be summarily rejected. Candidate who are qualifying their PG Diploma exit examination or and getting their results after 31st May, 2016 or likely to qualify after 31st May, 2016 need not apply in the PDCET exam as they shall be ineligible to appear in the PDCET.
- Candidates already pursuing a MD / MS / DNB course are not eligible to appear for PDCET till such time they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB ( Post Diploma ) course in or after January, 2015 session are not eligible to appear in DNB – PDCET July 2016 admission session. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Registration and / or appearance in PDCET do not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institute.
- Registration with M.C.I. / State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling
NBE DNB PDCET 2016 Scheme of Examination :
1. PDCET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post diploma DNB 2 years post graduate courses. The next sessionof entrance examination shall be held on 28th June, 2016 and conducted as computer-based exam only.
2. Appearance in the Post Diploma CET is an essential pre – requisite for entry to the DNB Broad Specialties ( Secondary Seats ) July, 2016 admission session.
3. All the candidate who appear in the above examination will be given a merit position ( rank ) in descending order of the marks obtained by them. The merit list shall be published specialty wise ( merit list for DGO, DMRD, DMRT, DORTHO, DOMS, DLO, DA, DVD, DPM, DCH, DNM, DTCD, DPMR DCP, DIHTM and Emergency Medicine etc. shall be published separately ).
4. Candidates successful in the Post Diploma CET shall be asked to participate in a Centralized counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB secondary seat at NBE accredited Institutions / hospitals / medical colleges in order of their Specialty specific merit and shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution / hospital / medical college of their choice as per seat availability at their merit.
5. The list of Broad Specialties in which Post diploma candidates can pursue the postgraduate DNB degree programme is mentioned at Annexure B.
6. The exam comprises 300 multiple choice, single correct response questions of 1 mark each in English language only as per the following indicative scheme :
|S.No.||Specialty||No. of Questions|
|1||Human Biology ( Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry )||50|
|2||Applied Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology||50|
|3||Medicine and Allied Sciences||50|
|4||Surgery and Allied Sciences||50|
|5||Obstetircs & Gynaecology||50|
|6||Community Medicine including Basic Statistics & Research Methodology||50|
The standard of the examinations shall be at the level of Final MBBS ( Exit Examination )
The above scheme is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter / vary / amend the same.
7. Candidates successful in PDCET shall participate in Centralized merit based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions / hospitals / medical colleges in order of their specialty specific merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution / hospital / medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
8. The provisional list of seats available at NBE accredited institutes where candidate can pursue Post Diploma courses can be seen at Annexure – D.
9. The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
10. Negative Marking : There shall be no negative marking.
11. Allocation of time for the PDCET shall be as follows :
|1||Candidate Entry Time at Reporting Counter||9:00 AM|
|2||Reporting Counter Entry Closes||9:30 AM|
|3||Check-in Procedure||9:00 AM to 10:00 AM|
|4||Test Start Time ( Including 15 minutes tutorial )||10:00 AM|
|5||Test End Time||1:15 PM|
NBE DNB PDCET 2016 Exam Centres :
1. The list of various cities where Examination Centres are located is as under:
2. The candidate shall appear at the centre as shown on his / her Admit Card at his / her own cost.
3. Test Centre Location: Exact address and location of the test centres is available at NBE website. Location map of the test centers are also available at the website. Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the test centre locations and ensure that they report for the exam as per scheduled time only. Maps and directions to each centre are available on website www.natboard.edu.in. Candidates are required to plan their travel accordingly.
4. Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the location of examination centre and plan travel time accordingly. Candidates have to reach the test centres on or before the reporting time. Candidates may note that late entry to the examination premises is not permitted under any circumstances. NBE shall not be responsible for any delayed arrival of the candidate at the centre due to any reason.
5. All candidates at the centre shall be frisked by security guards and biometric information shall be captured.
6. Identity checks will be made upon arrival at the test centre to ensure that there are no unauthorized candidates appearing for the exam. Candidates are required to cooperate with the security checks.
7. Please note that only the registered candidates will be allowed at the test centre.
8. Friends or relatives accompanying the candidates will not be allowed entry in the examination centre under any circumstances and will not be allowed to contact the candidate while the examination process is ongoing.
NBE DNB PDCET 2016 Important Dates :
|1||Availability of Information Bulletin||26th April, 2016 onwards|
|2||Online Registration & Scheduling for DNB -PDCET||26th April, 2016 to 31st May, 2016|
|3||PDCET Examination date||28th June, 2016|
|4||Declaration of Results||By 31st July, 2016|
|5||Cut off date for completing Post Diploma Qualification*||31st May, 2016|
Contact Details :
National Board of Examinations
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg ( Ring Road )
Telephone No : 1800 11 1700 (Toll Free) or 0124-6771700
Website : www.pdcet.natboard.edu.in