NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test 2018
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into Diplomate of National Board through CET for the academic session 2018.
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree / Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent / provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship / likely to complete on or before 31st August, 2018 may apply for DNB-CET examination through online application.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session ) will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and / or being successful in the DNB-CET, the results / candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and / or are deemed to be cancelled as and when the ineligibility is detected.
- Requests for appearing in DNB CET ( 2018 July Admission Session ) from candidates completing internship after 31st August, 2018 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
- Candidates already pursuing DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET till such time they have completed the entire duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after December 2014 session are not eligible to appear in DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session ). This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Appearing in DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session ) does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institute.
- Registration with M.C.I. / State Medical Council / is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling and at the test centre on the examination day.
- A Candidate can register for DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session ) only once. Registration for CET, more than once shall constitute unfair means and lead to disqualification and / or penal action.
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test Seats 2018
Reservation of Seats
- At the time of counseling, Reservations as per rules at particular institution / medical college shall be provided for Scheduled Castes ( SC ), Schedule Tribes ( ST ), Persons With Disabilities ( PWD ), Other Backward Classes ( OBC ).
- The following documents are required for reservation
- Candidates opting for reserved seats under any category are required to furnish certificate issued by competent authority in respect of SC / ST.
- The prescribed format of Certificate for candidates in respect of OBC.
- For PWD seats, the qualified locomotor disabled candidates should get themselves certified at one of the Disability Assessment Boards, constituted at the four metro-cities, before their scheduled date of counseling.
- NBE does not own or control any of its accredited hospitals. NBE neither employs a candidate nor makes any payment / stipend to the candidate. Reservation status of DNB seats at a particular institution / medical college is provided by the respective institution only based on the roster maintained by the concerned institution. NBE does not own, possess or fund any seat. Reserved seats will be allotted to the concerned category candidates only. Candidates of reserved category can opt for either reserved seats earmarked for them or unreserved seats in order of their merit.
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test Pattern 2018
- The exam shall be conducted on a single day in a single session.
- Allocation of time for the DNB-CET 2018 shall be as follows
|Activities||Session ( 2:00 PM 5:30 PM )|
|Allow Candidates to enter the examination centre and commence Biometric Registration||12:00PM|
|Entry closes at Examination Center||01:30 PM|
|Grant access for Candidate Login||01:45 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||01:50 PM|
|Exam Start Time||02:00 PM|
|Exam End Time||05:30PM|
- DNB-CET shall be multiple choice questions exam delivered on computer based plateform ( CBT ). The question paper shall comprise of PART-A and PART-B each having 150 MCQs with a total duration of 3 1/2 hours.
- The question paper shall consist of 300 MCQs with single correct response.
- Negative Marking : There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for un attempted questions.
- Allocation of Marks for each MCQ is following
- Correct Response – 4 Marks
- Incorrect Response – 1 Mark shall be deducted
- Unattempted Question – Zero
- During the examination candidates are given an option to mark any question, whether attempted or not, for review which means that candidate has been given an option to go through these questions again before the examination time ends. Candidates may note that such questions which are marked for review shall be evaluated as per the marking scheme indicated above.
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test 2018 Application Form
How to apply
- The online submission of application form for DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session ) is available via www.nbe.edu.in from 11th May, 2018 to 31st May, 2018.
- Online submission of application form begins on 11th May, 2018 from 3:00 PM onwards. The last date for submission of application form is 31st May, 2018 ( 11:55 PM )
- Candidate may note that there is no option for submitting the form other than the online mode, offline applications or printed copies will not be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions given and overview of the application before proceeding to fill up the online application form
- Candidates are advised to refer NBE website regarding details for online submission of application form.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations.
- Candidates must preserve a hard copy of application form for future reference
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test 2018 Admit Card
- The examination shall be conducted on 29th June, 2018.
- At the time of submission of online application form, candidate will be required to choose the city in which he / she wants to take the test. The choice of city will depend on availability of the test centres in a particular city and the allotment shall be done on first come first serve basis.
- During the submission of online application form, candidate will be able to see only those cities where testing seats are available. While the city will be chosen by the candidate himself / herself at the time of online submission of application form, allotment of test centre / venue in the chosen city shall be done by NBE.
- In case testing seat is not available in the State in which you prefer to appear in DNB-CET June 2018, you can choose the option OTHERS from the list of States at the time of selection of the State during online submission of application form
- NBE will make all efforts to ensure that the candidate is allotted a testing centre in the State of correspondence address of the candidate. In case testing seat is not available in the concerned State due to logistic, administrative and other reasons, testing centre in a nearby State shall be allocated. Such candidates shall be informed about their testing city by 15th June, 2018.
- Candidates will be informed regarding their test venue approximately 7 days before the examination day.
- Requests for change of testing centre / city shall not be entertained. Candidates are advised not to canvass for the same.
- At the end of online submission of application form, the candidate will get a computer generated acknowledgement at the registered email id of the candidate. Admit card will be issued to the candidate once testing venue has been allotted to the candidate by NBE in the city chosen by the candidate during online submission of online application form. Candidates are likely to get their admit card on their registered email ID approximately 7 days before the examination day.
- Candidates will be informed through SMS alerts and Public Notice regarding availability of the admit card on their registered email ID. Candidates are required to download their admit card from their registered email ID and affix their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by Post. The photograph should have the following specifications
- Size of photograph : minimum 35×45 mm with at least 75% coverage of face & head of the candidate.
- A caption indicating the name of the candidate and date of capturing the photograph should be there at the bottom of the photograph.
- Background of the Photograph : white
- The photograph needs to display full front view of the face. Look directly into the camera with a neutral expression.
- Avoid photograph with reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes.
- The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi Resolutions.
- The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains.
- Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents: ( Unfair means case shall be registered against the candidates submitting false / forged documents )
- Printed copy of the Admit Card with Photo of the candidate pasted on it; &
- Photocopy of Permanent /Provisional SMC / MCI registration, to be retained by the test centre &
- Any one of the authorized photo IDs ( must be original, valid and non expired )
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card ( with photograph )
- Candidates my kindly note that they have to report by the time as indicated in the admit card. Candidates reporting late or beyond the prescribed time shall not be allowed to appear in the exam under any circumstances. Candidates are advised to acquaint themselves with the test centre location one day prior to the testing day and ensure that they report to the test centre within the prescribed time.
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test 2018 Selection Process
- Selection will be based on performance in Centralized Entrance Test 2018.
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test Centres 2018
The list of various tentative cities where DNB CET 2018 shall be conducted is as follows
|S No||City||S No||City||S No||City|
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test 2018 Results
- Candidates who obtain a minimum percentile as per category below shall be declared as “Qualified” in DNB CET ( 2018 July Admission Session ).
- General – 50th Percentile
- SC / ST / OBC – 40th Percentile
- PWD – 45th Percentile
Validity of CET Result
- The validity of the result of the DNB-CET shall be only for the current admission session i.e. ( 2018 July Admission Session ) only and cannot be carried forward for the next session of CET.
Declaration of Result
- The results for DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session)shall be declared by 31st July, 2018. The mark sheet-cum-result certificate for the DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session ) examination can be downloaded from NBE website after the declaration of result.
- There is no provision for re-checking / re-totaling / re-evaluation of the question paper, answers, score and no query in this regard shall be entertained.
- In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same marks, the merit position shall be determined using following tie breaker criteria in descending order
- Candidate with lesser number of incorrect response in over all paper shall be place at higher merit position.
- Candidate with higher score in Part B of the question paper shall be placed at higher merit position.
- Failing which, date of birth of the candidate will be taken into consideration. Older candidate will be placed at a better merit position.
NBE DNB Centralized Entrance Test 2018 Important Dates
|1||Availability of Information Bulletin||11th May, 2018 onwards|
|2||Online submission of application form for DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session )||11th - 31st May, 2018|
|3||Examination Dates for DNB-CET ( 2018 July Admission Session )||29th June, 2018|
|4||Declaration of Results||By 31st July, 2018|
|5||Cut off date for completing internship||31st August, 2018|
National Board of Examinations
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar
Ring Road, New Delhi-110 029.
Website : natboard.edu.in.