NOU Entrance Test 2016
North Orissa University applications are invited from intending candidates for admission into one year M.Phil Course ( Semester Pattern ) in the following subjects for the academic session 2016 – 17.
NOU MPhil Courses 2016 :
Regular Courses :
Having 10 seats each including 4 seats under self financing mode.
Self Financing Courses ( SFC ) :
- Anthropology & Tribal Studies
- Wild Life and Biodiversity Conservation
- Library & Information Science
having 10 seats in each subject.
NOU ET M.Phil Eligibility 2016 :
Candidates with good academic career securing not less than 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) of marks or equivalent grade at Master’s Degree in the subject from any recognized university are eligible to apply for admission into the course provided they qualify an entrance test followed by an interview.
For M.Phil. in Computer Science, the qualifying degrees are Master’s Degree in Comp. Sc./ IT / Electronics / Computer Application (MCA)/ Mathematics / Statistics.
For M.Phil. in Biotechnology, the qualifying degrees are Master’s Degree in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Life Sciences/ Botany/ Zoology/ Marine Biology/ Biosciences/ Environmental Science/ Pharmaceutical Science.
Candidates qualifying UGC-CSIR-NET/GATE /SLET test and awardees of Teacher Fellowship (TF) from UGC are exempted from the entrance test.
NOU ET M.Phil Selection procedure 2016 :
Selection shall be made on the basis of merit determined as per the following criteria.
- Entrance test : 50 marks*
- Career : 40 marks
- Interview : 10 marks
*The test will be conducted for 50 marks.
NOU ET M.Phil Merit List 2016 :
A merit list for each subject shall be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the entrance test, career mark and interview mark. For the candidates who are exempted from the entrance test, full marks ( 60 marks ) will be awarded to them in lieu of the entrance test and interview.
In case of a tie, marks secured in entrance test, career mark, interview mark, in that order, will be taken into account to break the tie. The merit list shall be published by the Head of the Department of the Department concerned (for regular departments) and the Director, SFC ( for self-financing courses ).
NOU ET M.Phil Application Form 2016 :
Online Application Procedure :
- NOU ET M.Phil Candidate visit to the official website http://nou.nic.in for online application process.
Offline Application Procedure :
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Phil programmes are to apply in the prescribed form that can be downloaded from the University website www.nou.nic.in. The filed in application form along with an account payee Bank Draft of 500/- ( for PG ), 600/- ( for M.Tech. / M.Phil. ) in favour of Comptroller of Finance, North Orissa University, payable at Baripada shall reach the office of the Chairman, P.G. Council on or before 17th June, 2016.
NOU ET M.Phil Important Dates 2016 :
- Filling of Application form ( both Online & Offline ) : 16th May, 2016 to 17th June, 2016
- Last date of submission of application form : 17th June, 2016
- For all courses including SFC the date of Entrance: 29th June, 2016 to 04th July, 2016
- Date of Admission : 21st July, 2016
Contact details :
North Orissa University
Sriram Chandra Vihar, Takatpur,
Baripada – 757003, Odisha
Telephone No : 06792-255127(O)
Fax No : 06792-253908/255127
Website : www.nou.nic.in