NSOU BEd Entrance Exam 2017
Netaji Subhas Open University invites applications for admission to the BEd SEDE ( Bachelor of Education, Special Education – Distance Education ) Program for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
NSOU BEd 2017 Eligibility
- Candidates should have at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree* and / or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities, 4 years Bachelor’s or 3 years Second Degree Bachelor’s Programme in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- *Bachelor’s Degree with Hons. may be determined either on the basis of Hons. Marks only or on the basis of Hons. marks and marks of the Pass Subjects taken together.
- Relaxation of marks for the Reserve Category candidates is admissible as per rules of Government of West Bengal.
- The reservation and relaxation for SC / ST / OBC / PWD and other categories shall be as per the rules of Government of West Bengal.
- However, weightage to be given to the candidates fulfilling any one of the following conditions
- Parent of a child with disability possessing Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Person with disability possessing Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Possession of any RCI approved Diploma / Degree ( With Valid CRR No. ).
Duration : Two Years and six months with Five Semesters.
Specialization in Disability Area : Mental Retardation ( M.R. ) / Hearing Impairment ( H.I. ) / Visually Impairment ( V.I. )
NSOU BEd 2017 Exam Pattern
NSOU Entrance Test will consist of a paper of 100 marks ( 200 MCQs with 0.50 marks in each ) . The duration of examination will be of 3 hours ( 12 noon to 3.00 PM ).
The subject matter and the pattern / typology of the questions will be as follows :
|Sl. No||Content||Marks||Typology of the questions|
|1.||PART - A : - G.K. and Teaching Aptitude ( Secondary standard )||25||MCQ|
|2.||PART - B : - Logical and Analytical Reasoning||25||MCQ|
|3.||PART- C : - Education and Disability Related Awareness|
1) Education : 25 Marks
Definition of Education, Education for All, Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, National Literacy Mission RTE Act, Educational opportunities through Vernacular, Education through Distance Mode, Difference between Correspondence Course and Open System of Education
2. Disability Related Awareness : 25 Marks
Concept of Special Education and Exceptional Children, Concept of M.R, H.I, V.I, L.I and L.D.,PWD Act, National Trust Act, RCI Act, UNCRPD, Govt. schemes and benefits available for the Person with Disabilities, Concept of Inclusive Education
Test will be conducted in both English and Bengali through OMR in order to ensure objectivity and accuracy in evaluation.
Admission will be strictly on the basis of merit.
Reservation for SC / ST / OBC / PH candidates will be according to existing State Govt. Rules.
NSOU BEd 2017 Exam Centres
Common Entrance Test will be held at the designated Venues (the number of venues depends upon the enrolled applicants). The Test will be held for the two zones viz. South Bengal and North Bengal. Test for the South Bengal zone will be held at Kolkata and North Bengal zone at Siliguri. Applicants can apply for any zone of their choice. However, the Merit List will be prepared Separately for the two zones considering the zone where from the applicants appeared at the Test. Therefore, Merit list prepared so, cannot be changed or altered anyway.
NSOU BEd 2017 Application form
NSOU Application Form available on the official website of www.wbnsou.ac.in
Entrance Test Fees : 500/- ( +Bank Charges )
NSOU BEd 2017 Important Dates
|1.||Publication of Advertisement in Newspaper||30th April, 2017|
|2.||Availability of On- line Application Forms at |
|4th May, 2017 From 10:00 AM onwards|
|3.||Last date of submission of on-line Application Forms||22nd May, 2017 till 12.00 |
|4.||Last date of submission of Entrance Test Fees to the Bank ( any branches of Allahabad Bank ) through Challan||24th May, 2017 ( During Bank Working Hours )|
|5.||Last date of on- line submission of the Bank Journal No.||25th May, 2017 till 12:00 Midnight|
|6.||On - line Admit Card generation||30th May, 2017 ( 12 noon |
on wards )
|7.||NSOU Common Entrance Examination||11th June, 2017 ( Sunday )|
|8.||Online Publication of NSOU Merit List||21st June, 2017 ( 3.00 p.m.|
on wards )
|9.||Central Counselling and Spot Admission at SoE, NSOU||11th July, 2017 to 14th July, 2017|
|10.||Commencement of PCP||On and From 23rd July, 2017|
Netaji Subhas Open University,
School of Education,
25/2 Ballygunge Circular Road,
Kolkata – 700019,
Phone Number : 03340047570 / 1,
Website : www.wbnsou.ac.in