Osmania University Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test – APSET Entrance Exam 2013
Osmania University APSET Entrance Exam 2013
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test ( APSET ) Conducted by Osmania University.
Osmania University invites application from eligible candidates to appear for the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test ( AP SET ), 2013 for recruitment as Assistant Professors / Lecturers in various Universities / Degree Colleges / Institutions of Higher Education in Andhra Pradesh. The Test will be held on 22nd September, 2013 ( Sunday ) for 24 subjects approved by University Grants Commission falling under Humanities, Social Sciences and Sciences in 12 Centers in the State.
Osmania University APSET Exam Date 2013
|Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Date : 22nd September, 2013 ( Sunday ) – from 9.30 A.M. to 4.00 P.M.|
Osmania University APSET 2013 Eligibility
1. Only those candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG degree in related subjects are eligible to appear APSET. Others need not apply.
2. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without grace or rounding off ) in the Master’s degree ( for OC & BC ) and 50% marks ( without grace or rounding off for Scheduled ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) / Physically Challenged ( PH / VH ) category candidates are eligible for this examination.
3. Candidates who have appeared (or) will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree examination and whose result is still awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination (or) equivalent with atleast 55% marks ( 50% in case of SC / ST / PH / VH candidates ). Such candidates must obtain their P.G. degree mark sheet within one year from the date of SET with the required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
4. Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the APSET Examination.
5. Candidates have to appear for APSET in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC – NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
6. The candidates who qualify in the test are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professors / Lecturers in various universities and degree colleges of higher education in Andhra Pradesh. They will be given a pass – certificate and the validity period of certificate is forever.
7. Candidates other than general category are required to mention of their social status ( BC / SC / ST / VH ) in the online application form. The candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In case their ineligibility is detected by the Agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
8. Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents ( PG qualification certificates, caste certificates and certificates related to PH / VH ) as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the test. If in the event of the candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason, the award may be withdrawn by APSET.
9. Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the university has finally accepted his / her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions.
10. The candidates will not be given any mark sheet from the APSET office whether they have qualified or not qualified. No revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificates to the qualified candidates only after careful verification of the concerned certificates of the candidate.
11. The same photograph of the candidate which is printed on the hall ticket will also be printed on the certificate to be issued by the Office of the APSET 2013.
Osmania University APSET 2013 Age Limit :
- No upper age limit.
Osmania University Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2013 Number of Chances :
- A candidate can avail any number of chances.
Exemption ( Eligibility for Lectureship )
1. APSET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in universities / colleges / institutions. However, the candidates, who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission ( Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree ) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of APSET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in universities / colleges / institutions.
2. For APSET Candidates : The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test ( APSET ) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For APSET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer only in the universities / colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their APSET 2013.
Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Scheme
The APSET will be conducted in objective mode. The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of multiple choice questions and will be held on the day of examination in two separate sessions as under :
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||60 out of which 50 questions are to be attempted||50x2=100||1¼ Hours ( 09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M. )|
|First||II||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50x2=100||1¼ Hours ( 10.45 A.M. to 12.00 Noon )|
|Second||III||75 questions all of which are compulsory||75x2=150||2½ Hours ( 01.30 P.M. to 04.00 P.M. )|
Paper – I : General paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude :
This paper shall be of general nature intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will be primarily designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. There will be sixty (60) multiple – choice questions of two marks each of out of which the candidate will be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate will be evaluated.
Paper – II : Subject Paper :
This paper consists of multiple- choice questions based on the subject selected by the candidates. The paper will consists of fifty (50) multiple choice questions. The candidates will have to answer all the questions. The candidates will have to mark their response for each question on the computer coded optical mark reader ( OMR ) answer sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Paper – III : Subject Paper ( in depth questions ) :
This paper consists of multiple choice questions based on the syllabus of the subject selected by the candidates. The paper will consist of seventy – five (75) multiple – choice questions. The candidates will be required to answer all the questions and have to mark their response for each question on the computer coded optical mark reader ( OMR ) answer sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Paper – III of all the subjects covers all the specializations of that subject in which SET is conducted. For example Paper – III of Chemical Sciences covers all specializations such as Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Marine Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, & Bioinorganic Chemistry.
Similarly, Paper – III of Earth Sciences covers such as Geology, Applied Geology, MS Geology, Geophysics, Meteorology, Marine Geology, Petroleum Geology, GeoInformatics, Applied Geochemistry & Oceanography.
Paper – III of Life Sciences covers all specializations such as Botany, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology, Zoology, Fishery Science, Animal Biology & Marine Biology.
Paper – III of Mathematical Sciences covers all specializations such as Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics & Applied Statistics.
Paper – III of Physical Sciences covers all specializations such as Atomic & Molecular Physics, Classical Dynamics, Condensed Matter Physics, Electromagnetics, Experimental Design, Electronics, Nuclear Physics, Space Physics, Particle Physics, Quantum Physics & Thermodynamics.
A candidate who does not appear for Paper-I and Paper-II will not be permitted for Paper – III.
There will be No negative Marking
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of Result :
This will comprise of following steps :
Step – I : Minimum marks to be obtained in APSET for considering a candidate for the eligibility for lectureship :
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III :
|Category||Minimum marks ( % ) to be obtained|
|Paper - I||Paper - II||Paper - III|
|General||40 ( 40% )||40 ( 40% )||75 ( 50% )|
|BC||35 ( 35% )||35 ( 35% )||67.5 ( 45% ) rounded off to 68|
|SC / ST / PH / VH ||35 ( 35% )||35 ( 35% )||60 ( 40% )|
Step – II : Amongst those candidates who have cleared step-I, a merit list will be prepared subjectwise and category – wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Step – III : Top 15% candidates ( for each subject and category ), from the merit list mentioned under step – II, will be declared APSET qualified for eligibility for lectureship.
It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by the Moderation Committee of APSET is final and binding.
The candidates will be allowed to carry a carbon printout of the OMR Response Sheets and Test Booklets with them on conclusion of examination.
Osmania University APSET 2013 Syllabus
As per the UGC guidelines the CSIR / UGC NET Syllabus 2013 has been adopted for the conduct of APSET for all the 27 subjects for which accreditation is given by UGC.
Question paper for Paper – I is common for all subjects in which SET is conducted and it will be bi – lingual ( English and Telugu ). Paper – ll and Paper – III of certain subjects will also be bi – lingual and details are furnished below. The syllabus for Paper – l, Paper-ll and Paper – III will not be sent to the candidates by the university. The candidates can download the syllabus of their subjects from the university.
|General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitute ( Paper - I )||Download|
|04||Computer Science & Applications||Download|
|10||Journalism & Mass Communication||Download|
|25||Libray and Information Science||Download|
Osmania University APSET Entrance Exam Centres 2013
|Centre Code||Examination Centre|
Note : No request for change of center will be entertained under any circumstances.
Osmania University APSET 2013 Application Form
Steps for Submission of Osmania University APSET Online Application Form :
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on www.apset.org. Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
- Candidate seeking admission to the APSET must apply online by providing his / her name and other details for registration ( i.e.www.apset.org and www.osmania.ac.in ).
- Before applying online, the candidate must possess the following (i) scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG (.jpeg) format of less than 300 kb, ii) scanned the signature of the candidate in JPEG (.jpeg) format of less than 10 kb.
- The candidates are required to download the Bank Challan form the APSET website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of State Bank of Hyderabad along with the bank charges ( commission ) of 20/-.
- Two days after the payment of fee at SBH Bank through printed bank challan, the candidate is required to check the status of fee payment at APSET website ( www.apset.org ) and if the status is ‘OK’, the candidate should provide the required information to complete the registration process. Once, the registration is successfully completed, the candidate will able to take the printout of online application form on a A-4 size paper.
- The candidates must affix their recent identical passport size photograph at the place indicated on the printout of Online Application Form and must sign across the photograph after it is affixed so that a part of the signature spreads over the Application Form beyond the photograph. Besides, it should be duly attested by the Head of the University Department / Principal of the Colleges / Gazzetted Officer.
- BC / SC / ST / PH / VH candidates must enclose the attested copy of the certificate for the same.
- The printout of online application form along with required documents must reach the Office of APSET by person or through speed / registered post or courier on or before 10th August, 2013.
- The envelope containing the Application Form should be superscribed “AP State Eligibility Test 2013”.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. APSET office will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of Online Application during last days.
Osmania University APSET 2013 Hall Ticket
- Examination Hall Ticket will be provided online to all candidates 10 days prior to the date of the examination. Candidates have to click the link “Download Examination Hall Ticket”. Provide Registration Number and print the online Examination Hall Ticket.
- Candidates have to download and get a printout of the Examination Hall Ticket. It will not be sent to the candidates by post.
- Candidate must carry the Examination Hall Ticket and also one additional photo identity such as a Driving License, Voter ID, College/University Identity Card, PAN Card, etc, to the examination center on the day of the examination.
- If your Examination Hall Ticket does not display the image of your photograph, you have to paste the photo at the appropriate place and get it attested from a competent authority.
- The candidate is not allowed in to the examination hall without the Examination Hall Ticket.
- Please confirm that your Name, Subject, Centre, etc, shown in the Examination Hall Ticket are correct. If there is any error in the Examination Hall Ticket please contact SET office immediately and submit a written application. Otherwise SET Office will not be responsible for making necessary corrections and will not be responsible for providing benefits or for loss arising out of these to the candidates.
Osmania University APSET 2013 Registration Fee
- OC : 700/-
- BC : 500/-
- SC / ST / PH / VH : 250/-
The Registration fee / late fee has to be paid through bank challan only, which is provided along with the online application form in the APSET website. Candidates are to be required to take the printout of the prescribed bank challan from the APSET website and after the payment of fee it has to be enclosed with the printed filled in online application form.
Osmania University APSET 2013 Important Dates
|submission of APSET Online Applications ||05th July, 2013 to 26th July, 2013|
|With late fee of 100||27th July, 2013 to 31st July, 2013|
|With late fee of 200||01th August, 2013 to 05th August, 2013|
|Date of APSET Examination||22nd September, 2013 ( Sunday ) from 9.30 A.M. to 4.00 P.M.|
|Last Date for Submission of printed APSET Online Application||10th August, 2013 Upto 5.00 P.M.|
Note : Visually Challenged Candidates shall be provided thirty minutes extra time separately for paper – l and paper – ll. For paper-lll, forty five minutes extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided with a scribe who should be a graduate in a subject other than candidate’s subject.
Osmania University APSET 2013 Results
Member Secretary, APSET 2013,
IInd, Floor, Block – II,
Osmania University Campus,
Hyderabad – 500007 AP India,
Tele Phone No : +91-40-27097733,
Fax : +91-40-27097711,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.apset.org, www.osmania.ac.in.
OU APCET 2013 Exam Date
Osmania University Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2013 Exam will be conducted on 22nd September, 2013 ( Sunday )
OU APCET 2013 Result Date
Osmania University APSET Results Date : OU APSET Results 2013 is likely to be declared in the month of October 2013.
Please keep watching this page, to check your Osmania University APSET Results 2013…
Osmania University APSET Entrance Exam 2013 – Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Date – Osmania University APSET Application Form 2013 – Osmania University APSET Exam Centres 2013 – Osmania University APSEt Entrance Exam Pattern 2013 – Osmania University Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2013
Exams Date Related : Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Date, Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Schedule, Osmania University APSET 2013 Notification, Osmania University Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test – APSET Entrance Exam 2013, OU APSET 2013 Eligibility Conditions, Osmania University APSET 2013 Age Limit, OU APSET 2013 Examination Day, Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Timing, OU APSET 2013 Online Application Form Last Date, Osmania University APSET 2013 Apply Online, Osmania University APSET 2013 Syllabus Download, OU APSET Entrance Exam Pattern 2013, Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Duration, Osmania University APSET 2013 Question Pattern, Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Scheme, OU APSET Entrance Exam Centres 2013, Osmania University APSET 2013 Exam Centres in Hyderabad, OU APSET 2013 Online Registration Form, Osmania University APSET 2013 Results Date, Osmania University State Eligibility Test 2013 Hall Ticket, Important Dates for Osmania University APSET 2013, Osmania University State Eligibility Test Centres 2013 ,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for osmania university andhra pradesh state eligibility test – apset entrance exam 2013 by amala