Panjab University Entrance Test for MEd 2017
Panjab University invites online application for the admission MEd Courses ( Regular & Special Education (MR) ) for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
Number of Seats in Panjab University MEd Course 2017
|Sr. No.||Courses||Name of the Department / College Offering the Course||No. of Seats|
|1||M. Ed. ( Regular )||Department of Education, P.U., Chandigarh.||Total - 105
Break - up
M.Ed. General ( 35 ),
M.Ed. Guidance and counselling ( 35 )
M.Ed. Educational Technology ( 35 )
|BCM College of Education, |
Sector 32/A, Urban Estate, Ludhiana
|Babe - Ke - College of Education, V.P.O. Daudhar, Teh. & Distt. Moga||35|
|D.A.V. College of Education, |
|D.A.V. College of Education, |
|Dasmesh Girls College of |
Education, P.O. Badal, Distt.
|Dev Samaj College of Education for Women, Ferozepur City. ||35|
|G.H.G. Harprakash College of Education for Women, Sidhwan Khurd ( Ludhiana ). ||35|
|G.H.G. Khalsa College of Education, Gurusar Sadhar, Distt. Ludhiana. ||35|
|Govt. College of Education, |
Sector 20, Chandigarh.
|Guru Gobind Singh College of Education (w), Giddarbaha ( Muktsar ). ||35|
|Guru Ram Dass B.Ed. College, Jalalabad (w), Distt. Ferozepur. ||35|
|Kenway College of Education, Hanumangarh Road, Near Radha Swami Dera, Azimgarh, Abohar, Distt. Ferozepur. ||35|
|Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial College of Education, Dhudike ( Moga ). ||35|
|Malwa Central College of |
Education for Women, Ludhiana.
|Moga College of Education for |
Girls, Ghall Kalan, Distt. Moga
|Partap College of Education, |
Hambran Road, Ludhiana.
|Rayat College of Education, |
Rail Majra ( Distt. Nawanshahr ).
|S.D.S. College of Education for Women, Lopon ( Moga ). ||35|
|Sadbhavna College of Educaton for Women, Raikot ( Ludhiana )||35|
Panjab University MEd 2017 Eligibility Conditions
A. M.Ed. ( Regular )
- Degree in Bachelor of Eduation / equivalent degree with 50% marks from a recognized University by AIU. OR B.A.B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed. OR B.El.Ed. OR D.El.Ed. with an undergraduate degree with 50% marks in each.
( 5% concession is admissible in eligibility marks to SC / ST / BC / PwD candidates )
B.M.Ed. Special Education ( MR )
Eligibility criteria for M.Ed. Spl. Edu. – MR as per RCI norms ( Curriculum Framework, Norms and Guidelines, May-2015 ). The admission for the degree of M.Ed. Spl.Ed.( MR ) degree shall be open to:
- A candidate who has successfully passed B.Ed Spl.Ed. with minimum 50% marks in respective disability area from a recognized university or any other degree considered equivalent to B.Ed Spl. Ed. from an affiliating university and/ or teaching department under any University recognized by U.G.C. with RCI registration.
- A candidate who has successfully passed the B.Ed. General course and has successfully completed Diploma in Education Special Education in respective disability area recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India with minimum 50 percent marks in each course.
- A candidate having passed PG Diploma 4 ( Till Academic session 2014-15 ) d) A candidate with B.Ed. in particular specialization may be allowed for M.Ed. cross disability / multicategory ( as and when offered ) but the reverse is not allowed. B.Ed. with multi-category should not be admitted for specialization in a single disability at the M.Ed. level, however; as part of CBCS, these can be admitted to B.Ed. Spl. Edu. Area C Courses. and complete the Specialization Courses to qualify for a particular disability. On completion of Area C, these can be admitted to the M.Ed. Spl.Ed in a specific disability.
- A student with B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. B.Ed.Spl.Ed. ( 4 years Integrated )
- Candidate should have valid RCI registration.
Scheme of Panjab University MEd Entrance Test 2017
Panjab University Chandigarh M. Ed. Entrance Test will be of 1 hour 30 minutes duration and shall comprise of 75 questions of one mark each. The test shall be objective type. Each question shall have four choices labeled as A, B, C and D. The candidate shall have to select one best response and darken the bubble bearing it on the OMR answer sheet.
There shall be NEGATIVE MARKING FOR WRONG ANSWERS. If for each correct answer 1 mark is to be awarded, for a wrong answer 1/4 mark will be deducted.
The test shall be based on the foundation course curricula of the following papers in B.Ed. of the Panjab University :-
- Philosophical and Sociological Basis of Education
- The Learner – Nature and Development ( Educational Psychology )
- Teaching – Learning Process
- School Management
- Guidance & Counselling
Panjab University MEd Application Form 2017
STEPS TO FOLLOW :
- Read the Prospectus carefully.
- Register Online. [last date for registration: August 15, 2017 (Tuesday)].
- Note down your Login Id and Password (login details will be sent to your registered Email Id also).
- Take print out of bank slip (bank slip can also be downloaded from account using login id and password).
- Deposit fee using website generated bank slip at any SBI branch, minimum one day after printing of bank slip. [last date for submission of fee in any SBI branch: August 17, 2017 (Thursday)].
- Login again after 24 Hrs. of depositing fee and upload scanned photograph, signature, fill other important information. Complete each section ( Profile, Academic Qualification, Weightages, Admission Pool/Quota) carefully and lock each section. (Once you lock the section, you will not be allowed to change information in that section). [last date for completion of form: August 23, 2017 (Wednesday) upto 4:00 p.m.]
- Take print out of the duly filled Online Admission Form and submit/send it along with the required documents to Coordinator M.Ed. Admissions – 2017, Room No. 6, Department of Education, Arts Block No. II, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh.. [last date for submission of hard copy of admission form & documents: August 23, 2017 (till 4:00 p.m.) ].
Registration Fee ( Non-refundable ):
- General Category – Rs. 1500/-
- SC / ST / PwD Category – Rs. 750/-
- If more than 24 Hrs. have passed after printing the fee slip and your details are not found in bank for despositing fee, write to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your problem along with application no., name and date of birth.
- Mere login id creation OR deposit of fee does not mean that candidate has completed his/her online application form. Incomplete form leads to cancellation of candidature. Any request for completion of form after due date will not be entertained at all.
- Panjab University does not take any responsibility of postal or other delays. No late applicant will be considered. Applying only online and non submission of printout of duly filled online application form will result in the rejection of candidature which cannot be revoked after the expiry of due date.
Panjab University MEd 2017 Important Dates
|Date of Availability of Prospectus and online Application Form on the website.||30th July, 2017 ( Sunday )|
|Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Bank Challan||15th August, 2017 ( Tuesday )|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan||17th August, 2017 ( Thursday ) upto 3:59 p.m.|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||23rd August, 2017 ( Wednesday ) upto 4:00 p.m.|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of Admission Form & relevant documents to Coordinator M.Ed. Admissions - 2017, Room No. 6, Department of Education, Arts Block No. II, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh.||23rd August, 2017 ( till 4:00 p.m. )|
|Tentative merit list will be displayed on the website||30th August, 2017 ( Evening )|
|Objections (if any) in the tentative merit list can be filed at email@example.com||01st September, 2017 ( till 4:00 p.m. )|
|Display of provisional merit list on the website||02nd September, 2017 ( Evening )|
|First counseling ( Face to Face )||03rd-04th September, 2017
Venue: Law Auditorium, Near Arts Block IV, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Panjab University, Sector-14,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://medadmissions.puchd.ac.in